You must have watched the recent news already...

Mr.Nobody

03 Oct 2017, 04:39

NEWS #1
Spoiler:
Obviously, when it comes to the key point, all governments will show their true color viz. brutal force, the democracy tag is only a crafty trick to make the shit easier to swallow.Had the Quebec referendum reached over 50% supporting independence the Canadian government would have declared the referendum illegal and sent troops over, just like what's happening in Catalonia.

Now,I really like to hear KBDFR repeating: "We have democracy here that makes all difference." :lol:

And again I'd like to repeat mine, "my dear old KBDFR, what difference has been made exactly? Crows here are black, crows over there are black, what's the difference?"

NEWS #2
Las Vegas shooting...all I want to say is thank God the shooter didn't have an M134D. Why possessing guns is legal in America anyway? This video explains:
Spoiler:
Patently, the arms dealers have enough money to lobby, that's why US. keeps provoking wars overseas and allows selling weapons to American citizens domestically. We also have corruption here in China but at least it's illegal.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

09 Oct 2017, 00:53

2nd amendment exists to protect the others. If you can't grasp this concept I don't know what to tell you.

Shihatsu

12 Oct 2017, 23:44

Why is this dumbass always posting this videos? Do we go to chinese forums and post videos of the brutality in china? Stupid ****, piss off, you suck. Go trolling in chinese forums and get banned.

pixelheresy

12 Oct 2017, 23:50

This is not the first time Mr. Nobody posted shit like this or inserted polarizing (and sometimes borderline racist) stuff to bait people.

I think it is high time the admins boot him. I get the funny feeling he is a paid shill or something.

fohat
Elder Messenger

13 Oct 2017, 01:22

The one about the Princeton study was pretty interesting.

For me there was nothing there that I didn't already know, but there are still a lot of people around who just don't "get it"

Mr.Nobody

13 Oct 2017, 03:05

Redmaus wrote: 2nd amendment exists to protect the others. If you can't grasp this concept I don't know what to tell you.
Put efficient automatic killing tools into the hands of people who could go haywire anytime, by doing this, do you increase the chance of safety or threat, you tell me. But, there are indeed historical reasons behind this, early settlers did need guns to protect themselves and rob the natives.
Shihatsu wrote: Why is this dumbass always posting this videos? Do we go to chinese forums and post videos of the brutality in china? Stupid ****, piss off, you suck. Go trolling in chinese forums and get banned.
Obvidouly you don't, coz you can't, maybe because you're too dumb or lazy to learn Chinese, but your children will. Even if you can speak Chinese, don't mention the brutality thing, otherwise you'll probably be ridiculed like this:"A stupid **** from former Nazi country call us brutal, come on..." China is more civilized and safer than you ever thought.
pixelheresy wrote: This is not the first time Mr. Nobody posted shit like this or inserted polarizing (and sometimes borderline racist) stuff to bait people.

I think it is high time the admins boot him.I get the funny feeling he is a paid shill or something.
Polarized? What's been polarized exactly? Point it out plz. Don't give me the Fascist shit: "I can't take the facts he posted neither can I refute them, so let's just ban him."
fohat wrote: The one about the Princeton study was pretty interesting.

For me there was nothing there that I didn't already know, but there are still a lot of people around who just don't "get it"
Yeah, let's help'em wake up that's exactly the purpose of the OP.

edit:
@DBDFR
How could the two videos be categorized as propaganda, by what standard? Are they made, edited or funded by Chinese government? Or maybe in your eyes, anything that is not in favor of the western democracy must be propaganda backed by the evil Chinese government? Ostriches live in Australia, I don't know there are so many in Europe as well. ;)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Oct 2017, 05:35

Mr.Nobody wrote: Put efficient automatic killing tools into the hands of people who could go haywire anytime, by doing this, do you increase the chance of safety or threat, you tell me. But, there are indeed historical reasons behind this, early settlers did need guns to protect themselves and rob the natives.
YOU HEARD EM BOIS TIME TO TAKE AWAY THE CARS :lol:

But for real, do you really think that taking away guns will stop mass killings? Fucked up people will find a way. Also considering how corrupt our government is today, I don't like the idea of everyone being disarmed except for the government. I also don't like the thought of being defenseless in case a robber breaks into my home.

hoaryhag

16 Oct 2017, 08:48

I decided my comment was likely inappropriate. ;)

Mr.Nobody

23 Oct 2017, 13:49

Redmaus wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: Put efficient automatic killing tools into the hands of people who could go haywire anytime, by doing this, do you increase the chance of safety or threat, you tell me. But, there are indeed historical reasons behind this, early settlers did need guns to protect themselves and rob the natives.

But for real, do you really think that taking away guns will stop mass killings? Fucked up people will find a way. Also considering how corrupt our government is today, I don't like the idea of everyone being disarmed except for the government. I also don't like the thought of being defenseless in case a robber breaks into my home.
Yes, fuck-up people will do some crazy shit like crashing a vehicle into a crowd...still less efficient and lethal than machine guns, I mean, at least we should raise the par as high as we can. When guns are banned, robbers won't get armed easily as well, a baseball-bat fight is less lethal than a machine gun fight. Even air guns are banned in China...that's why it's so safe here, hard to get "tools" for people and criminals alike.

cookie

23 Oct 2017, 14:08

Hmmmm this again huh?

Mr.Nobody

23 Oct 2017, 14:15

cookie wrote: Hmmmm this again huh?
;)

cookie

23 Oct 2017, 14:26

I don't quite get why people need to share such stuff in a keybaord forum? And no, offtopic is no excuse in this case.

wobbled

23 Oct 2017, 17:54

cookie wrote: I don't quite get why people need to share such stuff in a keybaord forum? And no, offtopic is no excuse in this case.
Just put him on your ignore list. He is a complete waste of the one child policy.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

07 Nov 2017, 02:01

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Redmaus wrote:

Yes, fuck-up people will do some crazy shit like crashing a vehicle into a crowd...still less efficient and lethal than machine guns, I mean, at least we should raise the par as high as we can. When guns are banned, robbers won't get armed easily as well, a baseball-bat fight is less lethal than a machine gun fight. Even air guns are banned in China...that's why it's so safe here, hard to get "tools" for people and criminals alike.
china? SAFE? lmao

gkubed

07 Nov 2017, 19:55

America, for the most part, really likes its guns, and also recognizes that our "gun problem" is the result of an overarching violence problem. We've already seen people without guns resort to using other tools of destruction, like vehicles. There have been two attacks in the past few months where someone has used a vehicle to plow into a crowd. America realizes that the government taking guns from the people would be very, very messy, and violates our constitution.

I've been in America for 24 years and I feel extremely safe here. I feel safer here than I have in the other 8 countries I've visited. Although I don't own a gun and don't feel the need to, I've fired my fair share, and I've never seen any gun violence first hand.

Sometimes people use guns for violence here, and that's truly undeniably tragic. If it wasn't a gun, it would be a truck or a knife, or a homemade bomb. For now, America has decided that keeping guns a tradeoff it's willing to take for greater freedom and (overall) protection.

It's our decision, and it's been made. Why's that your problem?

Mr.Nobody

20 Nov 2017, 12:55

wobbled wrote:
cookie wrote: I don't quite get why people need to share such stuff in a keybaord forum? And no, offtopic is no excuse in this case.
Just put him on your ignore list. He is a complete waste of the one child policy.
@cookie
Why not share, who needs an excuse to post an offtopic thread in Offtopic?

@wobbled
If I were in your ignore list, and you don't click on my thread, then why you are here? It's a pity the shooter spared you, what's the use of an idiot who can only brag about his alleged big dick?

@redmaus
Yes I do believe it'll reduce the incidence and scale of mass killing, but it won't eliminate killing all together, Manic people can kill by throwing rocks if they want, but better let them throw rock than fire machine guns. As to how safe China is, I suggest a visit to China and check for yourself if you have the chance, see the real thing, not the distorted images implanted into your mind by coporate media or whatever.

@gkubed
Another tragedy happened days earlier; 20+ inocent people murdered in a CHURCH. I don't know whether the victims had possessed any guns or not, but obviously they hadn't got a chanc to use them to protect themselves. Who'd have thought of getting shot attending a church function?

Speaking of gun control, constitution, freedom and protection,lobbying, and who've made decisions for whom,I refer you to a movie,if my memory serves me right, the title is "Miss sloane", the debate part in the movie is fantastic and intense, straight to the point. No, the gun control is not our problem(thank God it's not), but is it okay for me to talk about it?

EDIT:
Here it goes(the debate part from the movie):

JP!

22 Nov 2017, 18:18

Are guns really the problem?

Think about the power of information. Based solely on the harm principle, Hollerith punch cards and contemporary technologies should be banned. This would mean no keyboards of course.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/ibm ... tor-quot-2

Perhaps lets consider looking at societal issues as well as mental health issues.

Mr.Nobody

23 Nov 2017, 01:37

JP! wrote: Are guns really the problem?

Think about the power of information. Based solely on the harm principle, Hollerith punch cards and contemporary technologies should be banned. This would mean no keyboards of course.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/ibm ... tor-quot-2

Perhaps lets consider looking at societal issues as well as mental health issues.

A calculator, a car or a keyboard is not made for killing, although you can use them to kill if you want to(No doubt a Model M is tough enough to smash some human heads :lol: ),whether these stuff will be used in a harmful way or not depends on who the user is, but guns are made for no other purposes but solely for killling, that's why they are called weapons which should be strictly regulated due to the obvious reasons, I do agree with you that societal factors and mental issues play a big role in violent behaviors.

EDIT:
BTW, the link you provided leads us to a shameful chapter of IBM history. Patently, for money the capitalists are willing to sell their machines to anyone including devils, Maybe they are even willing to sell ropes to the people who will hang them later with the ropes. :lol:

Findecanor

23 Nov 2017, 06:26

I think the root problem is the cold, hard, individualistic culture in USA. It is partly to blame for the gun culture. It is also celebrating "winners" and shaming "losers". The latter are driven towards drug use to feel better by themselves - which is a factor in why USA has such a large drug problem.
Or .. they are driven to suicide.. but it is not a culture where suicide is accepted. So some of these proclaimed losers decide that they are "going to show them all" or "going out with a bang".

The solution would be to change the society into a warmer, more accepting society, and that can not be done in a day.
A reactionary movement that did just that was the hippie movement - it couldn't really have formed anywhere else.
Out of the hippie movement sprung Silicon Valley, and hippies reinvigorated Hollywood when it was in the slumps ... but that was then and those have been taken over by the main culture by now. Overall USA seems bound at destroying itself, and seems to be bound on destroying the world, now that it does not respect the Paris treaty.

fohat
Elder Messenger

23 Nov 2017, 14:51

I mostly agree with this, and one of the most staggering discrepancies of it is that much of it is done in the name of "Christianity" while what Jesus actually believed and taught is precisely the opposite.

Historical precedent? The Inquisition
Last edited by fohat on 24 Nov 2017, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

depletedvespene

23 Nov 2017, 15:05

fohat wrote: I mostly agree with this, and one of the most staggering discrepancies of it is that much of it is done in the name of "Christianity" while what Jesus actually believed and taught is precisely the opposite.

Historical precedent? The Spanish Inquisition
Actually... not exactly. Then again, the Black Legend has falsely tainted the image of the S.I. beyond repair in English-speaking countries.

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2017, 16:14

Mr.Nobody wrote: A calculator, a car or a keyboard is not made for killing, although you can use them to kill if you want to(No doubt a Model M is tough enough to smash some human heads :lol: ),whether these stuff will be used in a harmful way or not depends on who the user is, but guns are made for no other purposes but solely for killling, that's why they are called weapons which should be strictly regulated due to the obvious reasons, I do agree with you that societal factors and mental issues play a big role in violent behaviors.
True but a shotgun or a bolt action hunting rifle has a purpose other than shooting at squishy humans. They can be used to hunt animals for meat or protect yourself from predators ( you not always at the top fo the food chain when unarmed Mr Squishy Human).

The problem is how lax the laws are, and that people can get weapons that can be simple to mod to full auto. Some full auto sub machine guns / pistols are super cheap ( relatively) and easy to obtain and have no good reason for the public to have them.

So limited firearms are fine when need and well regulated, but US laws on them are crazy.

I like shooting firearms at a range or whatever, but for that in the US it should be you rent the gun and shoot it.Dealers and ranges can have the other more deadly weapons but only for range use and under strict regulation. Average billy bob joe on his farm only needs what he needs for working his land , a hunting rifle or a shotgun.

Mr.Nobody

24 Nov 2017, 02:50

Findecanor wrote: I think the root problem is the cold, hard, individualistic culture in USA. It is partly to blame for the gun culture. It is also celebrating "winners" and shaming "losers". The latter are driven towards drug use to feel better by themselves - which is a factor in why USA has such a large drug problem.
Or .. they are driven to suicide.. but it is not a culture where suicide is accepted. So some of these proclaimed losers decide that they are "going to show them all" or "going out with a bang".

The solution would be to change the society into a warmer, more accepting society, and that can not be done in a day.
A reactionary movement that did just that was the hippie movement - it couldn't really have formed anywhere else.
Out of the hippie movement sprung Silicon Valley, and hippies reinvigorated Hollywood when it was in the slumps ... but that was then and those have been taken over by the main culture by now. Overall USA seems bound at destroying itself, and seems to be bound on destroying the world, now that it does not respect the Paris treaty.
Exactly, that's the root of the problem, living in a society that puts too much emphasis on competition and winning stresses people out, it kills the inner peace of soul and comfort of heart; violence among individuals and wars among nations alike are all originated from lack of inner peace. Usually it's the tortured who will become the torturer. Thanks for contributing such an in-depth point.
andrewjoy wrote: True but a shotgun or a bolt action hunting rifle has a purpose other than shooting at squishy humans. They can be used to hunt animals for meat or protect yourself from predators ( you not always at the top fo the food chain when unarmed Mr Squishy Human).

The problem is how lax the laws are, and that people can get weapons that can be simple to mod to full auto. Some full auto sub machine guns / pistols are super cheap ( relatively) and easy to obtain and have no good reason for the public to have them.

So limited firearms are fine when need and well regulated, but US laws on them are crazy.

I like shooting firearms at a range or whatever, but for that in the US it should be you rent the gun and shoot it.Dealers and ranges can have the other more deadly weapons but only for range use and under strict regulation. Average billy bob joe on his farm only needs what he needs for working his land , a hunting rifle or a shotgun.
Yes, there are perfect solutions for the gun-related issues, but goverment just won't do it, coz it'd cut some businessmen's interests, for example, in Texas they have lobbied the goverment and made Tesla banned, now people can't buy Tesla in Texas, people can go to the showrooms to see and have test drives but not allow to ask price or buy, what the hell...they've sold the idea that gun regulation impairs people's freedom but at the same time it's okay to deprive people of the freedom to buy electric cars directly from manufecturers? That's how ridiculous things can be. Maybe some time in the future, they will get selling drugs legallized and written into some Amendment to ensure some greedy businessmen can make more bloody money. People need to know this and struggle for their own good.

Mr.Nobody

24 Nov 2017, 03:08

depletedvespene wrote:
fohat wrote: I mostly agree with this, and one of the most staggering discrepancies of it is that much of it is done in the name of "Christianity" while what Jesus actually believed and taught is precisely the opposite.

Historical precedent? The Spanish Inquisition
Actually... not exactly. Then again, the Black Legend has falsely tainted the image of the S.I. beyond repair in English-speaking countries.
We had an equivalent of S.I in China, during the peirod of 1950s to 1970s, China underwent a series of absurd and davastating politial movements, called the Cultural Revolution, which was actually a comprehensive, inhumanly-crual, nation-wide witchhunt...only after that the Chinese communist party realized how terrible it can be, and they started to reform, fortunately, after efforts of decades, it's evolved into a unique hybrid system of Capitalsim and Socialism which works fine so far. When politicians make blunders, it's always people who pay the price. I guess it's safe to say that every nation has dark chapters in its history.

fohat
Elder Messenger

24 Nov 2017, 15:25

depletedvespene wrote:
The Black Legend has falsely tainted the image of the S.I. beyond repair in English-speaking countries.
I changed my post to remove the "Spanish" part.

I always think of it as a Catholic atrocity, but in the US it is usually casually referred to as "The Spanish Inquisition" rather than "The Inquisition"

Mr.Nobody

12 Dec 2017, 07:28

I've just watched this movie "Detroit"(2017), it tells a story about the civil unrest in Detroit in late 1960s. The movie addresses racism against African Americans, civil right violation, police brutality, using national guards to suppress people, ect., so the 60s isn't all about Beatles or Hippies. I wonder how dare some self-righteous westerners pick on us for what happened in 1989 on Tianmen square, while back in their democratic first world same shit happened as well. Of course, you have democracy and that makes all difference, obviously. :lol:

Laser
emacs -nw

12 Dec 2017, 10:50

Well yes, because westerners make these films about themselves without fear of being censored, or threatened, or locked up, or killed.

BTW, all your discourse is not about China vs. the world, is more about you - trying to justify your roots, it's like you kinda need it.

Mr.Nobody

14 Dec 2017, 01:56

@Laser:
What makes you so sure about we will get censored threatened locked up and killed by making a movie like this in China? You see, that's exactly what I mean, PRECONCEPTIONS.

In fact, it's all about "extent", beyond "certain extent", people get threatened, locked up and even killed in any country. Isn't the very first video in this thread enough evidence, and that's exactly the point of this thread.BTW, I don't need to justify anything, I just hate double-standard hypocrites and I enjoy making them know that they are naked as well.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

14 Dec 2017, 17:03

Mr.Nobody wrote: I've just watched this movie "Detroit"(2017), it tells a story about the civil unrest in Detroit in late 1960s. The movie addresses racism against African Americans, civil right violation, police brutality, using national guards to suppress people, ect., so the 60s isn't all about Beatles or Hippies. I wonder how dare some self-righteous westerners pick on us for what happened in 1989 on Tianmen square, while back in their democratic first world same shit happened as well. Of course, you have democracy and that makes all difference, obviously. :lol:

Have you considered therapy for your sensitivities to the opinions of random westerners on Internet forums? I think it might be helpful, because this subject really seems to wind you up. I’m not sure this is the best place to voice greviences about other cultures that you feel are unfairly judging your nation and culture. Maybe could write a book or start a blog about common misconceptions of Chinese culture through the eyes of westerners? Might that be a better outlet for your concerns?

Mr.Nobody

16 Dec 2017, 03:35

@ vivalarevolución (your ID is so long man!)
I'm actually preparing to open a channel on youtube. I know it looks as if I'd been over-defending China, but if you take the over-slandering against China on the Internet into consideration, you'll understand. If I needed a therapy for voicing this, you guys must need therapy for collecting and tinkering keyboards. But, it's really kind of you to give me the suggestions thanks.

BTW, you may have noticed this, but anyway I need to point out that in my original sentence it is "SOME self-righteous westerns" surely I wasn't referring to all westerners let along random ones.

EDIT:
@ vivalarevolución and Laser.
Yeah, it winds me up, just like plastic keycaps somehow wind you guys up. I admit I need it; it's an enjoyable hobby and it's worthwhile to me. I didn't choose this particular forum to talk about politics, in fact, I talk about it casually everywhere, in fact, most people's perception about China might be right 30 years ago, and they must be right 50 years ago, but they are not accurate anymore nowadays. It's my hobby to help them update.
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 16 Dec 2017, 04:02, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Off-topic”