HHKB Pro 2 now officialy on sale in Europe

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

14 Dec 2017, 22:37

Appereantly PFU is now selling the keyboard through Amazon. Pricing at the time of writing is 259GBP or 289€ at Amazon UK and Amazon De respectively. A bit too high for me to give a shot because I'd need the Hasu controller and Amazon won't ship them to Finland.

On their site at https://www.hhkeyboard.com they also offer support and product registration. Anyone going to give it a shot now that warranty process and such are easier in EU?

edit: typos
Last edited by pansku on 14 Dec 2017, 23:49, edited 3 times in total.

tobo

14 Dec 2017, 23:47

Saw this yesterday. Too bad It's even more expensive than importing it yourself, though you do get the 2 years of warranty. But not sure that's worth the additional price.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Dec 2017, 23:53

tobo wrote: Saw this yesterday. Too bad It's even more expensive than importing it yourself, though you do get the 2 years of warranty. But not sure that's worth the additional price.
Right, I very well know the HHKB has a large hardcore fanbase and it is loved but also quite overpriced. I'm not even gonna get started on the FC660C which is like the UBERHHKB... :evilgeek: :lol: Oh the irony that PFU is a Fujitsu daughter... :roll:

I do like their little typing effect with the sound on the webpage...good idea.

Daniel Beardsmore

15 Dec 2017, 00:19

seebart wrote: I do like their little typing effect with the sound on the webpage...good idea.
Even if the idea was good (who on earth wants websites to unexpectedly blare out sound), it's terribly executed. Not just the fact that it cuts out unexpectedly when you scroll down, but also the rubbish audio looping. Hardly inspires me with confidence to spend a princely sum on their merchandise.

seebart

15 Dec 2017, 17:54

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
seebart wrote: I do like their little typing effect with the sound on the webpage...good idea.
Even if the idea was good (who on earth wants websites to unexpectedly blare out sound), it's terribly executed. Not just the fact that it cuts out unexpectedly when you scroll down, but also the rubbish audio looping. Hardly inspires me with confidence to spend a princely sum on their merchandise.
Bascially a good idea in bad execution. For a product of this high-end price range the presentation should be as good as possible. And with the amount of HHKB2 fans they should just ask their devout customers for feedback.

_PixelNinja

16 Dec 2017, 15:35

Yeah — the pricing is outrageous on this. There is virtually no incentive to purchase via the EU distributors when it is cheaper to import.

green-squid

16 Dec 2017, 21:25

_PixelNinja wrote: Yeah — the pricing is outrageous on this. There is virtually no incentive to purchase via the EU distributors when it is cheaper to import.
Pricing was already outrageous!

wobbled

16 Dec 2017, 22:01

how do you buy them justsystems hipro topre keyboards in europe?

seebart

16 Dec 2017, 22:46

wobbled wrote: how do you buy them justsystems hipro topre keyboards in europe?
You don't. You import via tenso or one of those services. I've never seen one on sale here. I think they have the regular hipro at keyboardco or at least they used to.

Return to “News”