post and enjoy typing sound of keyboard

retro&classic

08 Dec 2017, 04:31

수정됨_20180112_184027.jpg
수정됨_20180112_184027.jpg (216.51 KiB) Viewed 6562 times
all of this video is mine.
please enjoy my keyboard history.
and i want to hear your keyboard typing sound!
Last edited by retro&classic on 15 Jan 2018, 05:23, edited 3 times in total.

retro&classic

15 Dec 2017, 07:18

happy hacking, tina custom , matias alps

scottc

15 Dec 2017, 11:48

Does the Tina support Alps? That's great.

snarfbot

15 Dec 2017, 13:12

im not sure if its compatible with alps, but there were 3 keyboards in that test, the last one, the white board was the matias, tactile pro i think. it makes a very nice noise when you type on it.

retro&classic

15 Dec 2017, 13:33

scottc wrote: Does the Tina support Alps? That's great.
if you get alps pcb for 60% housing you can use alps switch for tina
but basically tina does not support alps ...
three keyboard in that video.
one is happy hacking another is tina the other is matias alps.

retro&classic

15 Dec 2017, 13:35

snarfbot wrote: im not sure if its compatible with alps, but there were 3 keyboards in that test, the last one, the white board was the matias, tactile pro i think. it makes a very nice noise when you type on it.
yes you are right .
matias mini tactile pro it make great sound when i typing

Vecktrex

15 Dec 2017, 14:15

Enjoy my potato camera and microphone.
Omnikey 102 w/ White Alps
Last edited by Vecktrex on 24 Jan 2018, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

retro&classic

17 Dec 2017, 08:12

kbd75, tealios switch

TuxKey
LLAP

19 Dec 2017, 12:03

The KBD75 sounds good..is it a metal case like aluminum or something like that.
after trying the k-type and listing to the white-fox i started to think only wood & plastic cases sound good.
i felt the metal cases sounded bad harsh bit this sounds nice !!
Perhaps it has something to do with high profile cases vs low profile ??
that the sound has more room to resonate inside ?

Menuhin

19 Dec 2017, 14:16

Is it some kind of fetish? Like those ASMR thing?
But I like the sound of typing on nice keyboards.
Spoiler:
This one sounds really well lubed.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

02 Jan 2018, 16:57

This thread is a super cool idea! I think it would be awesome if more people posted what their boards sounded like!

Here's the one I'm currently using:

It's a Zenith ZKB-2 modded with SKCM undamped cream alps - I find that I use this particular board the most as of late since a lot of my other keyboards can't handle the combination of key presses I use in PUBG, hahaha.

Here's what she sounds like:

FXT
XT

02 Jan 2018, 18:27

When I had my SSK
And my current F XT

retro&classic

07 Jan 2018, 15:34

matias alps switch and kbd75 tealios switch

retro&classic

15 Jan 2018, 05:22

please enjoy my keyboard history.
and i want to hear your keyboard typing sound!
[/quote]

Mr.JAM

24 Jan 2018, 09:57

IBM Model F AT (USB/M spacebar/normal enter mod)
Alps 60% (Hasu's ALPS64 with SKCM Salmon)
Custom Futaba MA-clicky TKL PMMA case (butchered kb-5191)
It's been always pleasure to share good keyboard experiences. All of these are made or modded by me.

한국분이신가봐요 반갑습니다.

Chyros

24 Jan 2018, 11:52

Bam.

E3E

24 Jan 2018, 14:21

rich1051414

24 Jan 2018, 14:34

TuxKey wrote: The KBD75 sounds good..is it a metal case like aluminum or something like that.
after trying the k-type and listing to the white-fox i started to think only wood & plastic cases sound good.
I think it is because of ALL of the screws holding the face onto the body, and then the brim tightly holding it down to the body as well. It essentially makes the plate part of the body itself, so it doesn't have the racket that a lot of metal keyboards have.

Chyros

24 Jan 2018, 15:27

E3E wrote:
Yo, man. Your Focus :D .

TuxKey
LLAP

25 Jan 2018, 11:53

rich1051414 wrote:
TuxKey wrote: The KBD75 sounds good..is it a metal case like aluminum or something like that.
I think it is because of ALL of the screws holding the face onto the body, and then the brim tightly holding it down to the body as well. It essentially makes the plate part of the body itself, so it doesn't have the racket that a lot of metal keyboards have.

ahhh i see what you mean good point about the number of screws and the effect it might have on the whole .. never thought about it that way.. sounds promising to me .. i'm looking for a board to replace my FC660M with mx-clears with a zealio the zilent switch perhaps the preonic nice thick case lots of bottom screws not to big and with the arrow cluster i want.. it will all have to wait until the end of next month.. too busy with my exam studies ..at the end of next month..
But if a GB start's i'm in....was also looking at the tada68 thinking i can fill the metal case with sum isolation material..
But a preonic with white led's would be awsome..

TuxKey
LLAP

25 Jan 2018, 11:56

E3E wrote:

sounds crisp as hell ..hahahaa..i believe i can hear it's a metal case / enclosed case but there is no give or ping / rattling what so ever no backspace noise or misbehaving spacebar impressive :ugeek: !!!

macboarder

25 Jan 2018, 23:56

Monterey K103 with clicky white "Alps style" Omrons. Very pingy, hope the potato managed to capture that.

rich1051414

26 Jan 2018, 01:29

After typing on a IBM 6112884, nothing sounds 'pingy' to me anymore. The ringing of that keyboard on the upstroke... However, it did cause me to uncontrollably play the game of 'keep the bell ringing' while typing on it xD

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Jan 2018, 01:57

I didn't know about Monterey K103 … another undocumented one. So that's where the gap got to between K101/102 and K104.

twinrotor

06 Feb 2018, 20:19

Quick camera and mic test with my Multitech KB101-A (early blue Alps)

justcallmecrash

12 Feb 2018, 15:31

Oh, MAN - I love this thread. I'll have to post a few vids of my 5 ErgoDox boards. Here's the list:
Mechanical Keyboards dot com PCBs (white), with Gateron Browns - PCB-mounted in a custom tented case I made (wood and fiberglass) wearing GMK Yuri Cherry-Profile ABS caps.
OG ErgoDox boards from initial Massdrop GB(all 3 OG boards I'll mention are from that drop) - one with 35g springs and lubed vintage Cherry Blacks stems and SA DangerZone caps (ABS) in a carbon-fiber plate-case from KBDfans, one with NovelKeys pale blue Kailh Heavy Speed Switches (70g springs - very loud double-clicky) and DSA Borealis/mixed caps (PBT -iirc) in a carbon-fiber plate-case from KBDfans, and one with 45g springs and unlubed vintage Cherry Browns and the original DSA caps that Massdrop offered when they did the drop.
I also have an ErgoDone (from KBDfans) with 80g springs and unlubed vintage Cherry Blacks stems and XDA MiTO Canvas caps (thick PBT) in a carbon-fiber plate-case from KBD-fans.

I could also put up a few with my Preonic (80g unlubed Gateron yellows, GMK silencers and Cherry-Profile Yuri caps (ABS), or my modified DAS2 with ghetto Reds, or my PCB-mounted Cherry Blacks in the G80-11900 (oem Cherry PBT caps), but I don't think any of those are all that unique.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Feb 2018, 21:25

I don't have anything set up right now but here is a video from 2014 I made.

justcallmecrash

12 Feb 2018, 22:02

Blaise170 wrote: I don't have anything set up right now but here is a video from 2014 I made.
:evil:
Oh, god, the beeping.
:shock:

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Feb 2018, 22:15

:lol:

Return to “Keyboards”