Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Menuhin

15 Jan 2018, 20:14

My guess is 7bit is planning and making arrangements for Round 7.

Strategically, it is best to have Round 7's commence (or re-commence...) closely follow the shipping of Round 6b.

zslane

15 Jan 2018, 23:34

That's all fine and good, but two weeks ago he listed a number of orders that were packed and ready for shipment, further indicating that they were going to be sent. Since then he's been completely silent.

I'd like to know that either those orders were sent, or if not, why not. Round 7 is of no interest to me, but receiving the rest of my Round 6 order is, and that should take priority. Unless of course he does not have the funds to ship Round 6 orders. That would explain a lot, but it would still be nice to hear what the situation is.

Menuhin

16 Jan 2018, 00:51

I hope 7bit is doing fine.

Otherwise, just like many of us on these super niche forums, a heart attack can render the key caps and the keyboards left behind trash - as the spouses/partners/family mostly will treat them as toys and won't know their market values and the way to reach out to the correct markets.

mecano

16 Jan 2018, 11:26

R6 leftovers wiki has been updated this Sunday, so I guess he is doing ok ;)

kenshinjeff

19 Jan 2018, 08:11

Hi, I heard shipping is soonish? May I know the status of #0785?

Griffy

19 Jan 2018, 09:29

Confirmed sorting of caps is going on behind the scenes as we speak.

mecano

19 Jan 2018, 10:51

Nice

zslane

19 Jan 2018, 18:44

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Confirmed sorting of caps is going on behind the scenes as we speak.
We're assuming this, but I'm not so sure anymore. 7bit has been AWOL for the last three weeks. It is very possible that nothing has been sorted, packed, or shipped since before Christmas. :?

Oblotzky

19 Jan 2018, 20:08

zslane wrote:
GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Confirmed sorting of caps is going on behind the scenes as we speak.
We're assuming this, but I'm not so sure anymore. 7bit has been AWOL for the last three weeks. It is very possible that nothing has been sorted, packed, or shipped since before Christmas. :?
I would assume sorted since leftovers wiki was updated on 14th and now includes white keys.

zslane

19 Jan 2018, 22:42

Yeah, all the colors were sorted in December. I'll amend what I said earlier:

It is very possible that nothing has been packed since Dec 30th, or shipped since before Christmas.

nowai

20 Jan 2018, 00:30

Since my last WASSUP a week ago a SEPA payment got confirmed and my order packed. Everything is going to be fine. :)

zslane

20 Jan 2018, 03:39

I certainly hope so.

I began ordering Round 6 back around August of 2015; you have no idea how sick and tired I am of waiting for this stuff. It is infuriating to be so close, to have orders supposedly packed and ready to ship, and then to hear nothing for three weeks. Nothing. F*cking crickets. 7bit is notorious for poor-to-nonexistent communication, but this is a little odd even for him.

The last time there was this degree of radio silence it was because 7bit hit a liquidity crisis that damn near scuttled phase 2 entirely. You'll have to forgive me if this sort of non-communicative bulls**t makes me nervous.

caligo

20 Jan 2018, 10:25

If I recall correctly there was also that time 7bit went on vacation and forgot to bring his computer, plus that time he went to the hospital. There have been several instances of him being AFK for extended periods of time, and it is not like updates were very forthcoming last time he went into full sorting mode either.

Paying SP for phase 2 and getting enough cash for the import fees were the big hurdles to clear, and we are past those now. And if there was not enough money for shipping for some reason, 7bit would probably have been all over the thread with pleas to buy more leftovers just like last time. In other words, everything is most likely fine. This is probably a good time to just get one's zen on and patiently wait for the package to show up. ;-)

Griffy

20 Jan 2018, 15:58

This is why im telling you he is super busy sorting ang packing. We had a pm convo bc i needed to add something and pay and my email have been wierd and my order is close so i got the payment info.

Relax.

caligo

20 Jan 2018, 16:17

Here is a soothing video to calm everyone down.

RELAX!

zslane

20 Jan 2018, 18:00

caligo wrote: If I recall correctly there was also that time 7bit went on vacation and forgot to bring his computer, plus that time he went to the hospital. There have been several instances of him being AFK for extended periods of time, and it is not like updates were very forthcoming last time he went into full sorting mode either.

Paying SP for phase 2 and getting enough cash for the import fees were the big hurdles to clear, and we are past those now. And if there was not enough money for shipping for some reason, 7bit would probably have been all over the thread with pleas to buy more leftovers just like last time. In other words, everything is most likely fine. This is probably a good time to just get one's zen on and patiently wait for the package to show up. ;-)
So we know he isn't unable to communicate since he has done so with others recently. He may be "busy" packing orders, but he had a list of orders that were already packed and which he indicated were going to be shipped three weeks ago. This means he is in the phase of packing and shipping, but so far only a few have gone out and it's been complete radio silence for three weeks. That is not normal for 7bit when he is in the packing-and-shipping cycle.

It takes all of five minutes for 7bit to give us an update on shipments. At the very least he should let us know what happened to the list of orders that he said were going to be sent out three weeks ago. It is a simple courtesy to those who have invested hundreds (or thousands) of dollars and have waited years for this stuff.

Believe me, I have done the whole "stay zen" bit when I stepped up and became a collector to help 7bit through his liquidity crisis last year. I spent months playing cheerleader and telling folks not to panic, because panic would only serve to sink the ship at that point. But this is different. We're in the home stretch where in theory all the major hurdles have been overcome and now 7bit is doing the easy stuff, and yet now we're stuck in this weird limbo state with no information forthcoming. That's not only odd, it is slightly alarming because complete silence is absolutely unnecessary (and extremely discourteous).

82d28a

20 Jan 2018, 18:40

zslane wrote:
caligo wrote: If I recall correctly there was also that time 7bit went on vacation and forgot to bring his computer, plus that time he went to the hospital. There have been several instances of him being AFK for extended periods of time, and it is not like updates were very forthcoming last time he went into full sorting mode either.

So we know he isn't unable to communicate since he has done so with others recently. He may be "busy" packing orders, but he had a list of orders that were already packed and which he indicated were going to be shipped three weeks ago. This means he is in the phase of packing and shipping, but so far only a few have gone out and it's been complete radio silence for three weeks. That is not normal for 7bit when he is in the packing-and-shipping cycle.

It takes all of five minutes for 7bit to give us an update on shipments. At the very least he should let us know what happened to the list of orders that he said were going to be sent out three weeks ago. It is a simple courtesy to those who have invested hundreds (or thousands) of dollars and have waited years for this stuff.

Believe me, I have done the whole "stay zen" bit when I stepped up and became a collector to help 7bit through his liquidity crisis last year. I spent months playing cheerleader and telling folks not to panic, because panic would only serve to sink the ship at that point. But this is different. We're in the home stretch where in theory all the major hurdles have been overcome and now 7bit is doing the easy stuff, and yet now we're stuck in this weird limbo state with no information forthcoming. That's not only odd, it is slightly alarming because complete silence is absolutely unnecessary (and extremely discourteous).
Hey Zslane, I want you to know I appreciate all that you have done in the past. Your words alone kept me calm and hopeful that this will get done. You have way more patience then I do.

LightningXI

20 Jan 2018, 20:38

Leftover orders pieces are normally already available but simply need to be sorted + shipped out, right?

I hope that your patience pays off shortly, zslane.

phinix

20 Jan 2018, 20:56

Guys, calm down, I'm sure 7bit will soon arrive and say - all done!
Maybe he is sorting all and packing up, so we all could get our orders at a same time.
We've been patient this whole time, let's wait few more weeks.

zslane

20 Jan 2018, 23:55

I find it interesting that amidst all the intonations to "Calm down", nobody addresses the conspicuous issue of the list of orders explicitly described as packed and ready for shipment back on Dec 30th, but which have not been followed up with any indication of actual shipment for three weeks. That is not business as usual, not even for 7bit, folks.

When shipments go out with SHIPTRACKED on the order, an updated invoice goes out with tracking numbers. Since no such update was sent, one can reasonably conclude that those orders were not shipped after all, and have been sitting in 7bit's home, idle, for the last three weeks. All I want to know is why haven't they been shipped, and when will they be shipped?

Answering these simple questions is hardly a burden on 7bit, and there is simply no way to justify, rationalize, or excuse the fact that he refuses to do so. We're this close to the finish line. Now is not the time to ease up and stop running; now is the time to push even harder and finish the bloody race!.

I would be very shocked if 7bit suddenly changed his process and decided to pack and ship everything at once. That's simply not how he operates. But even if that's what he's decided to do this time, he could at least do us the courtesy of telling us that's what he's doing. I think the money I've spent, the effort I've expended helping him, and the patience I've already displayed for two and a half years has earned me at least that.

jacopods

21 Jan 2018, 00:19

Whatever happened, I think that there would be no point for 7bit in not sending the orders at all. Perhaps he run out of money for shipping? Maybe. But I wouldn't see any reason for him what is already available for shipping. Just wait

I understand that it is the lack of communication which is bothersome, but let us give this guy some more time.
(removed)
Attachments
tkvYMMMIv.jpg
tkvYMMMIv.jpg (18.5 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
Last edited by jacopods on 21 Jan 2018, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

Oblotzky

21 Jan 2018, 00:34

jacopods wrote: Whatever happened, I think that there would be no point for 7bit in not sending the orders at all. Perhaps he run out of money for shipping? Maybe. But I wouldn't see any reason for him what is already available for shipping. Just wait

I understand that it is the lack of communication which is bothersome, but let us give this guy some more time.
tkvYMMMIv.jpg
Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk
At least do it properly!

jacopods

21 Jan 2018, 00:48

Oblotzky wrote:
jacopods wrote: Whatever happened, I think that there would be no point for 7bit in not sending the orders at all. Perhaps he run out of money for shipping? Maybe. But I wouldn't see any reason for him what is already available for shipping. Just wait

tkvYMMMIv.jpg
At least do it properly!

Wow! Your meme-Fu is far superior to mine! Well done
Last edited by jacopods on 21 Jan 2018, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

LightningXI

21 Jan 2018, 04:57

I ordered Leftovers back in October and they still haven't shipped. What's going on?

caligo

21 Jan 2018, 10:23

zslane wrote: […]
When shipments go out with SHIPTRACKED on the order, an updated invoice goes out with tracking numbers. Since no such update was sent, one can reasonably conclude that those orders were not shipped after all, and have been sitting in 7bit's home, idle, for the last three weeks. All I want to know is why haven't they been shipped, and when will they be shipped?
[…]
I think everyone agrees that communication could be way better. But back when Round 5 shipped, I never got a mail from the bot with a tracking number despite ordering tracking. Maybe 7bit cheaped out on it, maybe some script did not run properly – no matter what the deal was, the package just showed up one day. If 7bit had not posted in the thread that the keys had shipped, I would not have known they were on their way.

Now, this is 7bit's last post here:
7bit wrote: These are packed and will ship in the first week of January:
:o

The next orders to be packed are:
:roll:
Unless it is some fancy express delivery, having to wait more than three weeks for a delivery to the US does not sound that outlandish to me – I have waited even longer for oversea shipments some times, and postal services are usually somewhat overwhelmed during december and early january. However, if any of the four orders 7bit said he would ship in january are in the EU, then things look a bit more sketchy.

mecano

21 Jan 2018, 13:10

Top four bang for your buck SA sets :
HONEYG/CUREXTRA/E/VIOLETT
HONEYG/CUREXTRA/F/VIOLETT
HONEYB/INTERA/CREAM
HONEYG/INTER8/WHITE

:mrgreen:

jacopods

21 Jan 2018, 21:29

Ok I could not resist…
meme.png
meme.png (964.53 KiB) Viewed 5278 times
Jokes aside, the above is DSA profile. zslane was it you that had made some renders for Round7? May I ask if you used some publicly available models for the SA profile or if you cooked them up from scratch? The only ones I could find online are not that good.

zslane

21 Jan 2018, 22:35

caligo wrote: Unless it is some fancy express delivery, having to wait more than three weeks for a delivery to the US does not sound that outlandish to me...
I received tracking numbers for my Round 6 phase 1 keycaps last year, and they took two weeks to go from Berlin to Los Angeles. I have every reason to expect the same for the phase 2 keycaps. If they just magically show up one day this week (week 4), I will be shocked.

zslane

21 Jan 2018, 22:43

jacopods wrote: May I ask if you used some publicly available models for the SA profile or if you cooked them up from scratch?
I modeled them myself from scratch. Note, however, that I only created a single 1u model for each row profile. To generate the other sizes, I've set things up so Houdini can resize the 1u models procedurally (i.e., on-the-fly) as needed. Also, they are just approximations of the real thing; they wouldn't accurately match a laser-scanned mesh of actual SA keycaps. But they're close enough for my purposes.

jacopods

21 Jan 2018, 22:59

zslane wrote:
jacopods wrote: May I ask if you used some publicly available models for the SA profile or if you cooked them up from scratch?
I modeled them myself from scratch. Note, however, that I only created a single 1u model for each row profile. To generate the other sizes, I've set things up so Houdini can resize the 1u models procedurally (i.e., on-the-fly) as needed. Also, they are just approximations of the real thing; they wouldn't accurately match a laser-scanned mesh of actual SA keycaps. But they're close enough for my purposes.
And I gather that you don't have a plan to port them to kle-blender? It would just be great

Return to “Group buys”