Blaise's Japan Haul - 2018 Edition

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 16:11

I've done this a few times before and (I believe) this would be my third time making a large purchase from Japan. :lol:

Depending on shipping speed for each item, I should see these sometime between March and June. The complete PCs will likely go surface (1-3 months) due to their massive size while the smaller stuff I'll probably ship SAL. There's a nice mix of switches in these boards, anywhere from Alps, NEC Ovals, Cherry, and Fujitsu, as well as some others like Topre. A few domes as well that are cool like the Dreamcast board. Posting the auction images below to show what I should be expecting.

Not pictured: NEC PC-8801 MK II and NEC PC-9801 V.

green-squid

20 Feb 2018, 16:13

That PC will be useless without the keyboard..

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 16:15

green-squid wrote: That PC will be useless without the keyboard..
Not planning on splitting them up either - whoever buys it is free to separate it if they wish though.

Brett MacK

20 Feb 2018, 16:25

Wow great haul. I love the feeling when you have tons of boards coming in the mail.

andrewjoy

20 Feb 2018, 18:05

That ficlo gets the offical seal of awsomeness.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 18:12

andrewjoy wrote: That ficlo gets the offical seal of awsomeness.
It's honestly a great layout. I wish it were Alps, but it is Cherry so I still can't complain. It's pretty much the perfect non-numeric keyboard. I plan on using it at work instead of my Apple Magic Keyboard.

green-squid

20 Feb 2018, 18:27

Blaise170 wrote:
Not planning on splitting them up either - whoever buys it is free to separate it if they wish though.
:)

Dingster

20 Feb 2018, 18:55

Blaise170 wrote:
Doing gods work, thank you :D

Also impressive haul, where did you get all of this if you dont mind me asking :twisted:

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 18:59

Dingster wrote: Doing gods work, thank you :D

Also impressive haul, where did you get all of this if you dont mind me asking :twisted:
https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

consolation

21 Feb 2018, 00:41

Dingster wrote:
Blaise170 wrote:
Doing gods work, thank you :D

If you don't want to organise shipping yourself, use Buyee, you can probably find shipping bit more cheaply, but (especially if you don't speak Japanese) can't beat the convenience. They cover auctions and a few shops, plus do parcel consolidation - pretty reasonable all in all.

subcat

21 Feb 2018, 02:17

i bid against you for one of these. I'll let you guess which

Topre Enthusiast

21 Feb 2018, 06:29

Which one is Topre?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

21 Feb 2018, 12:54

002 wrote: Which one is Topre?
To be honest I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm about 90% sure the Epson boards are.

Elrick

22 Feb 2018, 02:08

Blaise170 wrote:
andrewjoy wrote: That ficlo gets the offical seal of awsomeness.
It's honestly a great layout. I wish it were Alps, but it is Cherry so I still can't complain. It's pretty much the perfect non-numeric keyboard. I plan on using it at work instead of my Apple Magic Keyboard.
Just simply replace the standard Cherry Switches with the latest Kailh BOX Navy(s).

I'm going to do that with my old 104 Filco Reds bought some years ago, can't wait for the tactile Navy's.

Topre Enthusiast

22 Feb 2018, 02:31

Blaise170 wrote:
002 wrote: Which one is Topre?
To be honest I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm about 90% sure the Epson boards are.
Please let me know if they are. Based on the pic, it looks like it might be the foam and foil type but wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Topre.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

22 Feb 2018, 02:39

Elrick wrote: Just simply replace the standard Cherry Switches with the latest Kailh BOX Navy(s).

I'm going to do that with my old 104 Filco Reds bought some years ago, can't wait for the tactile Navy's.
Yeah I have a bunch of MX compatible switches laying around, I'm considering maybe using Gateron Clears.
002 wrote: Please let me know if they are. Based on the pic, it looks like it might be the foam and foil type but wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Topre.
Gah I certainly hope not. I've already been (unpleasantly) surprised with foam and foil once this week. Although comparing it to that MEIDEN keyboard I bought form Japan, I think you might be right. :?

subcat

22 Feb 2018, 02:41

yes, those epson boards are definitely not topre

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

23 Feb 2018, 02:10

Have one further board to add.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

26 Feb 2018, 19:10

I still ordered a bunch of other stuff that I don't feel like listing here, but for a quick change of pace, bought one of these for my SO. :)

Dingster

26 Feb 2018, 19:25

Blaise170 wrote: I still ordered a bunch of other stuff that I don't feel like listing here, but for a quick change of pace, bought one of these for my SO. :)

Thats some kawaii stuff right there ;)

Topre Enthusiast

27 Feb 2018, 07:31

Kawaii as fucc.
What do they do?

purdobol

27 Feb 2018, 10:01

002 wrote: Kawaii as fucc.
What do they do?
Magic

Topre Enthusiast

27 Feb 2018, 10:04

purdobol wrote: Magic
Group buy when?

purdobol

27 Feb 2018, 10:15

002 wrote: Group buy when?
then

green-squid

27 Feb 2018, 10:23

purdobol wrote:
002 wrote: Group buy when?
then
After 7bit's group buy is finished

Topre Enthusiast

27 Feb 2018, 10:29

green-squid wrote: After 7bit's group buy is finished
Ahh good, I am sure I could put these Sailor Moon trinkets to good use decorating my nursing home room, or maybe I can use the magic to reverse the effects of ageing.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Feb 2018, 14:44

002 wrote: Kawaii as fucc.
What do they do?
Don't you know, they vanquish evil! :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”