New Dutch member.

Happydog

27 Feb 2018, 16:25

Hello dear keyboard enthusiasts.

My Deskthority name is Happydog and I'm from The Netherlands, aka Holland.
I'm new to the keyboard world, but willing to learn. I own about 30 keyboards, mostly IBM F & M type. But also other vintage keyboards like Tulip (Dutch brand computer), Olivetti, Compaq, Cherry. The vintage computers that came along with all these keyboards are also in my possession, most of them in working condition.
Recently I bought a lot of terminals complete with keyboards. Not sure what to do with all this stuff. The terminals together with all the keyboards take quite some space in my shed, so I think of selling some. I'm open for advise: sell-ability, price and so on. There are 12 IBM 5291-2 terminals with 12 type F 5291 "Bigfoot" keyboards, and 5 C-Link Model/196 terminal keyboards with a Koutiang pcb and black Cherry switches inside. Also some Decision Data terminal keyboards-124 key with Maxi Switch PCB and switches which look like the Maxi Switch Vintage Linear type, plus 1 Compaq Enhanced Keyboard/German. Perhaps one of the Deskthority members can advice me of a good alternative-to-Ebay place to try to sell the terminals, if they're of any value? If not, I can sell the keyboards. Advice on prices for the keyboards is welcome.
Being new to all the terminology used I need the internet a lot to find out what is being said here and there on this site. A terminology list would be helpful. But as is with all jargon, one get the grips after a while so I suppose I will too.
Anyway.
Apologies for eventual grammar & style mistakes, Dutch is my mother tongue.
Awaiting any advice.

Cordially,
Happydog.
Last edited by Happydog on 27 Feb 2018, 21:23, edited 2 times in total.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Feb 2018, 16:46

For prices of specific keyboards, try here: help-f53/price-check-how-much-is-my-worth-t16.html
For selling, you could try here: marketplace-f11/

Otherwise, welcome! ;)

Happydog

27 Feb 2018, 22:16

Thanks Blaize170.

Thanks for your welcome.

I will post both in "help" and in "marketplace" as advised.
Somewhere this or next week pictures of my collection will follow, including the 12 Bigfoot Model F 5291 keyboards.
In what part of DT can I post for technical advice? I need to replace the foam in a Bigfoot that I took apart.

Cordially,
Happydog.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Feb 2018, 22:29

For keyboard related stuff I'd ask here: keyboards-f2/

Happydog

04 Mar 2018, 10:59

I've posted pictures of my collection in "photos". Including the beautiful Bigfoot's.

Cordially,
Happydog.

Scarpia

04 Mar 2018, 13:13

Welcome Happydog! Very nice collection - and you can definitely put me on the list if you are parting with an F AT board, or if not, then I'd love one of the bigfoots :) been looking for those two boards for so long......

Return to “Deskthority talk”