Mike52787's Collection Album V2

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

16 Mar 2018, 02:55

Thanks to the urging of a fellow user... I present you my collection again. Much has changed since the last time I posted!

Each board will have a little writeup about it as well as the necessary info.

The Aluminums

KBDFans 5° build

Switches: PCB mount Stock weight Vintage MX black, lubed

Keycaps: OG cherry HAU + GMK 9009 + some HADapter

My first forray into the hhkb layout, with some modifications. Shoutout to my dude Myoth for inspiration for this layout. This is the first 60% I have used where I didn't miss the nav cluster, thanks to some clever keymappings on the layers.

OTD The Cheat

Switches: PCB mount(half plate) Stock weight Vintage MX black, Lubed, Stickered

Keycaps: GMK 9009

One of my all time favorite keyboards to use. PCB mounted switches are my favorite, but impossible in most kustoms. A half plate is a nice compromise. It is all powered by a suuuuper old ps2avr pcb, and sports red backlighting.

OTD The Cheat

Switches: Plate mount 62g Ergo Clears, Lubed, Stickered

Keycaps: ESA-3000HASRO + Alcatel MMK

If one is good, 2 must be better, right? Another one of my favorites. I would love to pick up a set of GMK cyrillic to add in the rest of the mods I couldn't replace with the alcatel MMK keycaps.

LZ-CLS

Switches: Alps SKCM Cream

Keycaps: Tai Hao FAME + Stem swapped OG Cherry

My absolute Endgame alps board. The best Alps switches and the best Alps Caps (IMHO).

The Plastics

Topre Realforce 91s 10th Anniversary

Switches: 45g Topre

Keycaps: Realforce 106

Special thanks to my friend E3E for helping make this one happen. 45g topre is just too good.

Modified Wyse PCE

Switches: Plate mount 60g MX Brown, lubed

Keycaps: Thick Wyse

Just a little idea I had one day, a play on the classic navless layout design. This board is handwired and powered by a teensy 2.0++. Great to type on, and one of my favorite layouts. Shoutout to my boy subcat for supplying the thick wyse caps :)

Cherry BXNA-6201

Switches: Plate mount vintage MX black, One cherry m8

Keycaps: OG cherry

One of the strangest cherry boards I have ever seen/owned. I also believe this is one of the first keyboards made with MX switches. Unfortunately the switches have been ruined by what seems to be fine sand. The only Cherry keyboard with MX switches I have seen that was made in the Waukegan IL plant.

Cherry G80-1600HAD Prototype

Switches: PCB mount Vintage MX black

Prototype from 1988. Practically unused. One of my favorite items in my collection. Thanks to Hansichen for proxying this beauty to me.

Cherry G80-2100HDD

Switches: PCB mount Vintage MX black, Super black on Cherry, Layer, and PrintScreen

Keycaps: OG cherry, GMK 9009 accents

My absolute favorite vintage keyboard to use. The only 122 layout keyboard I do not find too large to use on my desk. it is around 2 inches shorter than the f122/f107.

Zenith Cherry G80-1192HAX

Keycaps: OG cherry HAU, OG desko

Has a G80-1000HAU PCB installed. The original PCB is ISO-ES layout and has a key beeper. That is stashed away for a future project.

Cherry G80-3314HAU

Practically unused, Interesting terminal layout.

Cherry G80-3700HAU

Switches: PCB mount MX brown, lubed

Keycaps: GMK 9009

Possibly the most useful keyboard in this post, this always sits on my desk to the left of the keyboard I am currently using. An absolute must for 60%s, and super useful for macros.

That's it!

Hope you enjoyed and didn't go blind from my potato pictures :)

Thanks to Myoth for urging me to make another one of these, and to everyone on the Keyboards telegram channel for putting up with my shit. I love you all
Last edited by mike52787 on 16 Mar 2018, 03:19, edited 2 times in total.

mannoso

16 Mar 2018, 03:12

Every time I see a Zenith Cherry G80-1192HAX i get mad, because I remember I lost an auction on eBay for one with double-shot Italian keycaps that are nearly impossible to find.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

16 Mar 2018, 03:14

mannoso wrote: Every time I see a Zenith Cherry G80-1192HAX i get mad, because I remember I lost an auction on eBay for one with double-shot Italian keycaps that are nearly impossible to find.
sorry to trigger bad memories... if it makes you feel any better I didn't get any keycaps with this one.

nsmechkb

16 Mar 2018, 03:15

Man, have things ever changed since your last one! Gorgeous collection! Thanks for the update--collection albums are the best!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

16 Mar 2018, 03:31

Noice collection, mang! That realforce is siiiiiiiiick. Red plate is definitely the way to go - compliments the realforce logo so well.

If you ever get the urge, you should post typing vids of each of them =)

Thanks for sharing!

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

16 Mar 2018, 03:36

//gainsborough wrote: Noice collection, mang! That realforce is siiiiiiiiick. Red plate is definitely the way to go - compliments the realforce logo so well.

If you ever get the urge, you should post typing vids of each of them =)

Thanks for sharing!
lol most of them would be pretty much the same, but sure if I can find the time

Delirious

16 Mar 2018, 04:19

Terrible, the lz-cls is so out of place among the cherry bois. Send it my way

Myoth

16 Mar 2018, 08:06

I can clearly see some kind of pattern ... some kind of beige is involved, I haven't found the name of it get :P

anyway, I think that the Zenith G80 might be my favourite the case and the caps are special but very common at the same time, I loooove that look. (The Cheats are also super nice, the keyset combination isn't to my taste on the red one but I still it looks great !!)

(P.S. : I thought tactile Alps shouldn't be in an alu plate, hasn't your CLS got an aluminium plate ? does it differ much from PC or something like that ?)

crtexcnndrm99

16 Mar 2018, 11:35

Half-plate cheat and 2100HDD? Fellas, this is the good stuff.

Seriously, would love to type on some of those v blacks :)

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

16 Mar 2018, 13:46

Myoth wrote:
(P.S. : I thought tactile Alps shouldn't be in an alu plate, hasn't your CLS got an aluminium plate ? does it differ much from PC or something like that ?)
its stainless steel, which is more rigid than alu. I dunno if it's necessarily better with soft plates, just different. I just like the feel of it as is really.

cookie

18 Mar 2018, 23:36

Very nice collection!

jerue

19 Mar 2018, 00:46

nice collection

two cheats and no soware though? Should that be next :lol:

gotta get those sweet Cheat/CMA keys

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

19 Mar 2018, 02:10

jerue wrote: nice collection

two cheats and no soware though? Should that be next :lol:

gotta get those sweet Cheat/CMA keys

yeah dude ive been looking for a set for awhile but most of them ive seen dont include the cheat and cma keys... sad

sncbrax

20 Mar 2018, 02:46

Amazing collection, man - thank you for sharing. I had no idea there was a Zenith branded cherry board.. and it came with desko?

Your CLS build is dreamy. I've been looking for some Creams myself

Menuhin

20 Mar 2018, 10:01

Wow, some rare Cherries.

hansichen

20 Mar 2018, 10:04

sncbrax wrote: Amazing collection, man - thank you for sharing. I had no idea there was a Zenith branded cherry board.. and it came with desko?

The Zenith boards don't come with desko, either way they have normal doubleshots or they have some nice caps with sublegends, eg german zenith boards often come with english frontprintings

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

20 Mar 2018, 13:29

sncbrax wrote: Amazing collection, man - thank you for sharing. I had no idea there was a Zenith branded cherry board.. and it came with desko?

Thank you! As Hansichen said, the zenith board is just a bunch of parts thrown together, as far as I know they never came in ansi, and obviously never had desko caps.

sncbrax

21 Mar 2018, 03:40

That makes sense. Cool board!

Return to “Gallery”