[Engineering Prototype] BladeMaster keyboard comes here to gather idea

ZGame

11 Apr 2018, 10:01

Hi, guys. I am very excited to tell you our first prototype of Drevo BladeMaster keyboard(not on the market yet). I want to gather feedback and ideas about this prototype to improve the next one.

On the concept stage, I have been visiting various forums everyday to add some features that you really want. Before jumping to the production stage, I definitely need more about your opinions to make the final product meet your expectations.

If you are interested, I will update the post constantly and share the product stages with you.
PS:the videos were filmed by my phone and hope you don’t mind the video quality(camera frequency flashing).

Blademaster light Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1HrgAI1HGw

Imgur Album:https://imgur.com/a/JKmyO

ATTENTION! UPDATE 1
We have added the function ‘programmable feature’ to the control dial of our BladeMaster (Both Pro and TE version)
Before posting this article, We’ve already arranged some shortcuts to the control dial of BladeMaster. But we found that you want a DIY control dial so badly, so our engineer decided to add programmable function to this control dial. With this function, you can customize keys even macros.
Let me show you an instance: When you are playing PUBG, You need to press different Number keys to use bandage, soft drinks or to change weapons. It’s easy to press the wrong button and that will hugely affect your gaming experience. Now with ‘programmable feature’ function, you could program all those operations into our control dial. And you can rotate or push dial to achieve some actions like using the bandage, changing weapons to improve your efficiency.
We’ll preset specific shortcuts in our Drevo Power Console for 10+ TOP games (such as LOL, PUBG, Battle Field 1, Far Cry 5 and so on), of course, you can also customize some new shortcuts by yourself.

UPDATE 2

I saw you guys love the** kailh box switches**, We will release a Pro(wireless version) with BOX switches.

Would you mind tell me which color of Kailh BOX switches you love best?

UPDATE 3
Many of you guys want the FULL METAL VERSION We will release the full metal version on Kickstarter at the end of this month. Customized for you, but only small quantity with a high price.
Last edited by ZGame on 15 Apr 2018, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Apr 2018, 12:20

I would suggest giving the keyboard the form of a Christmas tree. And, why not, its colour.
After all, it already has its frantic, flashy lighting :lol:

andrewjoy

11 Apr 2018, 13:01

If gamer style LEDs are your thing it looks decent.
Its a standard layout so thats good for replacement caps.
Price and build qality ofc need to see what happens with them.

So its interesting , its just not for me.

Phenix
-p

11 Apr 2018, 13:29

look into QMK support.
really awesome firmware.

add a trackpoint. :lol:

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

AMongoose

11 Apr 2018, 14:11

Too little space between the f-row and the number row.
Ideally the spacebar should be blank.
Not a fan of floating keys design.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

11 Apr 2018, 14:42

Well considering Drevo has been spamming other forums like Geekhack, I won't buy it regardless of what you do to it.

green-squid

11 Apr 2018, 14:50

There's literally nothing that sets this keyboard apart from all the other chinese cherry clones. You got everything that a keyboard like that would need though!

Lasered black keycaps, RGB lighting, Cherry clone switches, cyber-font, the whole nine yards!

Iggy

11 Apr 2018, 14:57

kbdfr wrote: I would suggest giving the keyboard the form of a Christmas tree. And, why not, its colour.
It should have a little speaker to bleep Christmas songs to go with the blinking. :twisted:

depletedvespene

11 Apr 2018, 15:10

Will there be an ISO model of this?

davkol

11 Apr 2018, 21:47

Iggy wrote:
kbdfr wrote: I would suggest giving the keyboard the form of a Christmas tree. And, why not, its colour.
It should have a little speaker to bleep Christmas songs to go with the blinking. :twisted:
I believe it's Cooler Master keyboards that let you play snake on backlit keys. :lol: :roll:

chuckdee

12 Apr 2018, 03:01

This was advertising plain and simple... He might be back to see the replies, but it will only be to add more advertising and hype, not real talk...

Elrick

12 Apr 2018, 03:17

Blaise170 wrote: Well considering Drevo has been spamming other forums like Geekhack, I won't buy it regardless of what you do to it.
Welcome to the new era of selling. DT has now rose into a forum that attracts the shyster sellers, wanting to offload something cheap and nasty.

Usually Geekflap and Reddit are their normal sanctuaries but they have now decided to hit Deskthority with their antics.

Thank you but NO. We are not interested in these type of keyboards mainly reserved for teenagers with spotty faces.

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 06:45

haha, Maybe the light in the keyboard can set up a Christmas tree.

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 06:47

Blaise170 wrote: Well considering Drevo has been spamming other forums like Geekhack, I won't buy it regardless of what you do to it.
I am so sorry about that makes you unhappy. I just want to know what users think about the keyboard.

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 06:49

andrewjoy wrote: If gamer style LEDs are your thing it looks decent.
Its a standard layout so thats good for replacement caps.
Price and build qality ofc need to see what happens with them.

So its interesting , its just not for me.
Thanks for sharing that with me . Price about TE version $70(wire version with gateron) and Pro version $140(wirelee with cherry MX RGB). Not decided yet

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 06:56

AMongoose wrote: Too little space between the f-row and the number row.
Yes, some people mention the spacebar, I will let the design team rethink it.
As for the space between F-row and number row,we want to make the keyboard more compact.

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 06:58

depletedvespene wrote: Will there be an ISO model of this?
Yes, 9 layouts(US,UK,DE,FR,IT,JP,KR,RU)

zool

12 Apr 2018, 07:18

seems like a loss to have the side knob just change the lighting, I think would be better as media control or scroll wheel etc, you might have then something more to offer then rather than "just another gaming board".
Mix of finishes is a bit distracting imo, if you gonna have matte, go matte all over, if shiny, shiny all over.
looks like the knob would be a bit low if not tilted (they look like flipout feet).

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

12 Apr 2018, 07:52

ZGame wrote:
What you really mean is 3 layouts: ANSI, ISO and JIS?

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 08:09

RaleghDirat wrote:
ZGame wrote:
What you really mean is 3 layouts: ANSI, ISO and JIS?
Yes,

ZGame

12 Apr 2018, 08:18

zool wrote: seems like a loss to have the side knob just change the lighting, I think would be better as media control or scroll wheel etc, you might have then something more to offer then rather than "just another gaming board".
Mix of finishes is a bit distracting imo, if you gonna have matte, go matte all over, if shiny, shiny all over.
looks like the knob would be a bit low if not tilted (they look like flipout feet).
Yes, you are right, the wheel not only control the light ,but also the media, volumn, and etc, even the windows switching of your computer.
Have to go matte, a lot of people said that.
We have adjusted the height of the wheel, it also can use when not tilted.
Flipout feet, haha, we need to redesign the wheel. Hope something new in the next prototype.

andrewjoy

12 Apr 2018, 10:36

ZGame wrote:
AMongoose wrote: Too little space between the f-row and the number row.
Yes, some people mention the spacebar, I will let the design team rethink it.
As for the space between F-row and number row,we want to make the keyboard more compact.

The smaller space between F row and number row is one of the better design elements so keep that.

remove the logo and text from space bar tho , it makes it look cheap and tacky.

I would also try to see if you can find a nicer font for the rest of the keycaps.

I would also see if you can remove any shiny plastic from the case and replace with a more satin or matte plastic. Shiny plastic again makes things feel cheap and shows fingerprints.

depletedvespene

12 Apr 2018, 12:23

ZGame wrote:
Why no ES and ES-419? Flashy "gamer" keyboards in Spanish-speaking markets are quite lacking (ANSI en-US layouts being the only option in some places), so you'd fill a notorious void by including those two national layouts as well.

depletedvespene

12 Apr 2018, 12:25

ZGame wrote:
zool wrote: seems like a loss to have the side knob just change the lighting, I think would be better as media control or scroll wheel etc, you might have then something more to offer then rather than "just another gaming board".
Yes, you are right, the wheel not only control the light ,but also the media, volumn, and etc, even the windows switching of your computer.
If so, why one wheel? You could have two wheels, one on either side of the keyboard, and have one control the media and the other the volume (or whatever combination might seem fit).

depletedvespene

12 Apr 2018, 12:29

Come to think of it... how about a split space bar? I don't think there's any gamer keyboard sporting that... and gamers could quickly find uses for an "extra" key where the space usually is. If you are already going to support the JIS layout, it shouldn't be too difficult to include split space bars on ISO and ANSI keyboards...

depletedvespene

12 Apr 2018, 12:32

andrewjoy wrote: The smaller space between F row and number row is one of the better design elements so keep that.
I agree, as long as it's 0.5U distance, as seems to be the case here.
andrewjoy wrote: remove the logo and text from space bar tho , it makes it look cheap and tacky.
I agree too, and, while you're at it, it's "Caps Lock", not "CapsLK". The key has enough space for the full, proper, non-tacky legend.

samuelcable

12 Apr 2018, 14:29

floating switch designs seems even weirder for gamers since it makes your keeb more vulnerable and they are known for spilling their mountain dew and smearing their dorito dust on their keebs

andrewjoy

12 Apr 2018, 14:30

depletedvespene wrote:
I agree too, and, while you're at it, it's "Caps Lock", not "CapsLK". The key has enough space for the full, proper, non-tacky legend.
You mean control right , that key should be called control .

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Apr 2018, 14:32

depletedvespene wrote:
ZGame wrote: […] Yes, you are right, the wheel not only control the light ,but also the media, volumn, and etc, even the windows switching of your computer.
If so, why one wheel? You could have two wheels […]
Two wheels? Now that's a real good idea!
Spoiler:

samuelcable

12 Apr 2018, 14:34

andrewjoy wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:
You mean control right , that key should be called control .
Not for gamers, who need caps more than control for yelling at their team more

Return to “Keyboards”