What’s a Topre fan’s favorite MX switch?

Luna
Alt255

31 Mar 2018, 22:32

His Topre sliders you mean?
I wasn't thinking straight, I actually bought the Plums to be able to put on MX cpas so modding it with Topre sliders would bring me right back to the start.
I'll try the 55g Plum sheets or else Reduxes.

Luna
Alt255

14 Apr 2018, 12:22

Trying to figure out the mouse and cursor function on that Plum 75.
Fn + WASD moves my cursor where I thought it would be Fn + Shift/Alt/Menu/Ctrl. Any way yo make it work that way without the software?
Also, Fn + WASD sgould be the mouse cursor moving but it itsn't, it's just cursor keys. Any ideas?

Laser
emacs -nw

14 Apr 2018, 13:37

I think there's a switch/button/something on the back of the board, that switches between the office mode and the programming or media modes.

Luna
Alt255

14 Apr 2018, 13:50

Yep but the switch doesn't seem to change the cursor/mouse behavior.

Laser
emacs -nw

14 Apr 2018, 14:01

Perhaps ask mech greenhand, he's a Plum vendor here at DT.

wobbled

14 Apr 2018, 14:57

Luna wrote: His Topre sliders you mean?
I wasn't thinking straight, I actually bought the Plums to be able to put on MX cpas so modding it with Topre sliders would bring me right back to the start.
I'll try the 55g Plum sheets or else Reduxes.
No I meant the actual housings. The ones in topre and plums are cross compatible, however Adapt-X from KBDfans don't fit well in the plum housings, and these sliders are of much higher quality than plums stock sliders. So if you were able to swap out the housings from a plum keyboard and installed Adapt-x sliders, I'd bet good money that the feel would be almost exactly the same as topre.

Luna
Alt255

15 Apr 2018, 17:56

I put the Plum 87 up for sale.

Any word on that TKL Realforce RGB yet?
Looking forward to get that one and sell my full-size Realforce RGB.

Luna
Alt255

16 Apr 2018, 04:07

I do wonder about the possibilities of putting different domes in the Realforce RGB ...

_PixelNinja

16 Apr 2018, 16:29

Luna wrote: Any word on that TKL Realforce RGB yet?
Looking forward to get that one and sell my full-size Realforce RGB.
I don't think we will be seeing those just yet as Topre is focusing on rolling out the JIS variants of their keyboards at the moment. ANSI is set to follow.

andrewjoy

16 Apr 2018, 18:15

I like topre not a super fan or anything.

The only MX i like is vintage black, however never tired clears or ergo clears. Smoothness sound and bottom out feel are important to me , all none vintage black cheeries have nothing on the smoothnes of topre, or vintage green alps ... mmmm green alps.

Luna
Alt255

16 Apr 2018, 21:54

Yep, really need to find a Nixie/Vintage Black switch to try it out.

Return to “Workshop”