Alps Appreciation

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:03

seebart wrote:
mike52787 wrote: My new love.

Definitely my new favorite alps switch, I just couldnt get on with the other alps linears like yellows and greens. these however are super nice, due to the weighting and the softer bottom out.
I'm still missing bown Alps i my collection although I have some waitnig for me i the US. Real nice your Epson.
SKCL brown? where did you find those? this was the first reasonably priced one I have seen in the last year or so.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Apr 2018, 17:04

I didn't. JP! found some for me in a IBM portable.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:07

seebart wrote: I didn't. JP! found some for me in a IBM portable.
Surely you mean SKCM brown

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 17:09

mike52787 wrote:
Right, not SKCL which are even more rare I guess.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:10

seebart wrote:
mike52787 wrote:
Right, not SKCL which are even more rare I guess.
Yup, I personally don't like skcm brown that much. They are too tactile for me. People compare them to topre BKE domes.

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 17:11

mike52787 wrote: Yup, I personally don't like skcm brown that much. They are too tactile for me. People compare them to topre BKE domes.
Give them to me then. :evilgeek: :P

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:13

seebart wrote:
mike52787 wrote: Yup, I personally don't like skcm brown that much. They are too tactile for me. People compare them to topre BKE domes.
hehe already sold them for far too much money :^)

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 17:15

mike52787 wrote:
seebart wrote:
hehe already sold them for far too much money :^)
I believe that. Generally all Alps are less prominent over here. We got way more Cherry MX's.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:22

seebart wrote:
I believe that. Generally all Alps are less prominent over here. We got way more Cherry MX's.
will trade alps for rare OG cherry stuff :D

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 17:23

mike52787 wrote:
seebart wrote:
I'm in my friend, have a look here I got some nice OG Cherry boards:

wiki/User:Seebart

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:27

seebart wrote:
mike52787 wrote:
seebart wrote:
I'm in my friend, have a look here I got some nice OG Cherry boards:

wiki/User:Seebart
I'll trade all the alps in the west for that unsaver

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 17:31

mike52787 wrote: I'll trade all the alps in the west for that unsaver
Well as you know that's NOT Cherry OG. :lol: And I'm sorry it's not up for trade. ;) Just to show off...
Spoiler:
IMGP6752.JPG
IMGP6752.JPG (842.6 KiB) Viewed 4927 times

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

18 Apr 2018, 17:35

seebart wrote:
mike52787 wrote: I'll trade all the alps in the west for that unsaver
Well as you know that's NOT Cherry OG. :lol: And I'm sorry it's not up for trade. ;) Just to show off...
Spoiler:
IMGP6752.JPG
grrrrr

seebart

18 Apr 2018, 17:38

mike52787 wrote: grrrrr
:? :P

I had to put in a spoiler since this is our Alps thread. You'll find one, it only took me four years and the kindness of elecplus.

idlethock

18 Apr 2018, 20:16

Chyros wrote:
idlethock wrote: Image

This board is so clean. I finally know the feeling of pristine alps. It's so beautiful. :shock:
That is very nice. Is that one from the stock of NOS ones they found a while ago?

(typing this on my green Alps Zenith)
I found this on ebay a few weeks ago. It was the cleaner of the two listed by the seller, and aside from a ding on the case and inside, it's spotless :)

Once I get the right adapter, I'd love to bring this to work and unleash the ping. :twisted:

Elrick

19 Apr 2018, 10:45

idlethock wrote: Once I get the right adapter, I'd love to bring this to work and unleash the ping. :twisted:
Yep, always good to bring in a unique keyboard but are you worried about anyone else damaging or worse, pinching it?

Never underestimate human depravity under any circumstance.

Chyros

19 Apr 2018, 10:57

Elrick wrote:
idlethock wrote: Once I get the right adapter, I'd love to bring this to work and unleash the ping. :twisted:
Yep, always good to bring in a unique keyboard but are you worried about anyone else damaging or worse, pinching it?

I'd be kinda hesitant to use a super pristine board like that at work. I use a rather broken-in one myself, that way I don't feel guilty for wearing the keyboard away eventually xD .

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 11:12

Chyros wrote:
Elrick wrote:

I'd be kinda hesitant to use a super pristine board like that at work. I use a rather broken-in one myself, that way I don't feel guilty for wearing the keyboard away eventually xD .
Agreed, I'd have that at home in a box and just enjoy it sometimes.

Mr.Nobody

19 Apr 2018, 11:37

Can I call this set of caps Alps Dolch?
Attachments
TIM截图20180419173542.png
TIM截图20180419173542.png (575.92 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
TIM截图20180419173441.png
TIM截图20180419173441.png (578.64 KiB) Viewed 4829 times

seebart

19 Apr 2018, 11:40

Sure if you like. It's not really Dolch though to be fair but similair nonetheless.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

19 Apr 2018, 15:57

I wish my modern laptop had Alps... But then I guess my laptop wouldn't be so thin. :P

Elrick

20 Apr 2018, 05:04

Mr.Nobody wrote: Can I call this set of caps Alps Dolch?
I actually love the Dolchiness of it.

Whilst most everywhere wants every coloured key-cap under the sun, I actually like the Dolch colour arrangement far more as I get older. Have bought a LOT of key-caps over the years but I always return back to a Dolch, as it calms me.

Only key-set colour that settles my hideous rage far more than any other.

Pity these days most laptops suck in usage, all because some moron though it a new idea to shrink-size all laptops into paper thin rubbish, instead of making decent laptop's to use with your fingers.

Mr.Nobody

20 Apr 2018, 08:41

Too sad they are pad printing caps, otherwise, I might have bought them.

rich1051414

21 Apr 2018, 01:40

Mr.Nobody wrote: Can I call this set of caps Alps Dolch?
The dark keys are too light, and the light grey keys are also too light and not quite the right shade, but it's close enough that MOST people wouldn't correct you :P

BTW, you can buy an alps dolch set in proper colors, double shot. They are Tai-hao though, so they are quite thin. However, no thinner than the caps you are showing here.

TBH, i kind of like the set you are showing a bit more than dolch :)

Myoth

21 Apr 2018, 18:59

FInally got my hands on one of those, magnificent caps, magnificent switches, magnificent case, what else could I possibly want ? :P

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

21 Apr 2018, 19:02

Myoth wrote: what else could I possibly want ? :P
carpet on your floor?

Myoth

21 Apr 2018, 19:04

mike52787 wrote:
Myoth wrote: what else could I possibly want ? :P
carpet on your floor?
I wouldn't mind ... but this floor has got a nice touch to the room so it's not bothering me haha (though splinters are :x)

Chyros

21 Apr 2018, 19:52

Fuck. That is pretty nice! :D

Iggy

21 Apr 2018, 19:55

Myoth wrote: FInally got my hands on one of those, magnificent caps, magnificent switches, magnificent case, what else could I possibly want ? :P
I could use a key-cap set like that for my Dell Alps board, where can I buy one?

Myoth

21 Apr 2018, 20:05

Chyros wrote: Fuck. That is pretty nice! :D
thanks haha
Iggy wrote:
Myoth wrote: FInally got my hands on one of those, magnificent caps, magnificent switches, magnificent case, what else could I possibly want ? :P
I could use a key-cap set like that for my Dell Alps board, where can I buy one?
well those are the original caps, so I guess you'd have to find another one of those :)

Return to “Keyboards”