Stuff you just bought

scottc

12 Apr 2018, 23:30

Getting a new project underway...

(sorry for the quality)

sf78

13 Apr 2018, 18:39

Recycling surprised me today with this (soiled) batch. 2€ a pop so not too bad. Top one is Hi-Tek RT-102.
kb.jpg
kb.jpg (762.14 KiB) Viewed 6195 times

Brett MacK

13 Apr 2018, 18:44

sf78 wrote: Recycling surprised me today with this (soiled) batch. 2€ a pop so not too bad. Top one is Hi-Tek RT-102.
kb.jpg
Wow what a great haul. I wish I lived in a more populated area sometimes so I would get more keyboards in my recycling center. If you ever want to get rid of that acer either I’m your man lol.

Brett MacK

14 Apr 2018, 04:15

I got a pretty good charge of keyboards coming in the mail this week. This is to prove there are still good deals to be had on eBay! Most of these I will be restoring then possibly selling.

First up is a lot of model Ms. Out of this lot of 6 my best guess is i'll get 4 bolt modded and working again with complete keycap sets but who knows. Lots like these are hit or miss, either just missing a few keycaps, or on the other end of the spectrum, completely ruined.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-IBM-Mod ... true&rt=nc

A wicked snipe on eBay at the rates these have been going. This one will probably go back up on a no reserve auction.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-AT ... 2749.l2649

A really nice blue alps board from Blaise that will be going into my personal collection. Can't find the listing for some reason but it is identical to this board 180 shipped
http://mousefan.telcontar.net/image/pc8801.htm

Nice condition Apple Desktop Bus keyboard that should have oranges. WITH THE CORD. These things never have the cord still.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Apple- ... 2749.l2649

NOS Model M with what appears to be a Spanish layout. I might bolt mod and sell on ebay, but I think I might keep it too. I am a big fan of strange legends and caps on my keyboards. He took my offer of 70 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1996-I ... 2749.l2649

I also took a gamble on another video writer. I had to act fast when I bought it as it was listed for so low, I didn't want anyone else talking to him. I offered 50 shipped for just the board, and he accepted that. I don't know what switches it will have, but it looks identical to mine which has browns. From the look at the stabilizer in the 2nd photo, it looks like the brown alps version.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnavox-Video ... 2749.l2649

JP!

14 Apr 2018, 04:21

That's a lot of keyboards. Definitely some good buys though. I'm pacing myself since I need to downsize.

Brett MacK

14 Apr 2018, 04:30

JP! wrote: That's a lot of keyboards. Definitely some good buys though. I'm pacing myself since I need to downsize.
I get that for sure. I don't have a very big collection, as I sell most of the boards I buy. My favorite part of the hobby is restoring the boards, and selling them.

JP!

14 Apr 2018, 04:32

That was sorta my plan as well but haven't got to the restoring part and I hate selling. My favorite part is finding though.

Elrick

14 Apr 2018, 05:12

JP! wrote: That's a lot of keyboards. Definitely some good buys though. I'm pacing myself since I need to downsize.
What the?

ALWAYS go in hard, pick up EVERYTHING and haul it all home. You'll spend at least a couple of months sorting it all and the minions learn to leave me alone when that process starts.

Quiet and peaceful until someone starts a fight and the Mrs yells for me to sort it out. But yes, I do get some quiet time in amongst the chaos and fury.

JP!

14 Apr 2018, 05:27

I just bought this Model F AT for $70, local pickup.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-Mo ... SwqrZa0Wwp

Interesting story, a 9 year old picked this up and his mother helped him sell on eBay as an economics lesson. I have a spare badge and keys so I am lucky in that regard.

Edit: I just got this AT this afternoon, delivered to my door within 12 hours of ordering. Can't beat that. I replaced the missing key from an XT and robbed the badge from a parts AT. The boys mom told her son at the thrift shop where this was found to search for some old electronics since they are collectible, the older and uglier the better. I guess that was some pretty good advice :lol:
IMG_2998.JPG
IMG_2998.JPG (635.58 KiB) Viewed 6039 times

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

14 Apr 2018, 23:48

Yeah I've now placed a hard stop on buying. I have a Massdrop CTRL coming down the line, a Varmilo VA87MR that I plan on putting in my aluminum case that should come in the summer, plus a bunch of switches. Trying to downsize to less than 5 boards if possible.

JP!

15 Apr 2018, 01:39

I don't plan on putting a quota on my collection but just want to narrow the collection by at least 50% to keep the more interesting or historically significant boards since I consider myself to be a pseudo historian who of course will update the wiki one day, I swear :) I also want to restore / refurbish most of my surplus stock which can be quite time consuming.

Myoth

15 Apr 2018, 02:15

this bad boy, though I bought it a few days ago I received it yesterday

Bass

22 Apr 2018, 06:03

Found two Model F XT's at a recycling plant:

One is missing a few keycaps while the other is missing the cable. Thinking I'll swap out the missing caps into the one with a cable and then use the other as a source for extra springs and flippers for my AT.

I also found a silver badge Model M (I986, 1390120)

Since it is missing several keycaps, I am probably going to use it as a donor board for my AT (which I am currently using Unicomp keycaps for the ANSI modded keys).
Last edited by Bass on 22 Apr 2018, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ir0n

22 Apr 2018, 06:13

JP! wrote: I just bought this Model F AT for $70, local pickup.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-Mo ... SwqrZa0Wwp

Interesting story, a 9 year old picked this up and his mother helped him sell on eBay as an economics lesson. I have a spare badge and keys so I am lucky in that regard.

Edit: I just got this AT this afternoon, delivered to my door within 12 hours of ordering. Can't beat that. I replaced the missing key from an XT and robbed the badge from a parts AT. The boys mom told her son at the thrift shop where this was found to search for some old electronics since they are collectible, the older and uglier the better. I guess that was some pretty good advice :lol:
IMG_2998.JPG
You beat me in price but hey...not too bad for ebay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-Pe ... 2749.l2649

Don't let your dreams be memes

Iggy

23 Apr 2018, 11:50

I have just returned from German customs to pick up this massive beast;
Foto_1.jpg
Foto_1.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 5884 times
This F122 was restored according to my specifications by just_add_coffee. He didn't lie a single word when he said it typed amaze-balls. The key-caps are Unicomps and a much of those will be replaced by white on black key-caps. To that purpose I have a M13 waiting to donate its key-caps. If anyone cares, I can open up a topic detailing the restoration process and all of the modifications done to it. Oh, I have yet to put on the black Model M led sticker I got from webwit.

Here are some more photo's;
Spoiler:
Foto_2.jpg
Foto_2.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 5884 times
Foto_3.jpg
Foto_3.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 5884 times
Foto_4.jpg
Foto_4.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 5884 times

derzemel

23 Apr 2018, 16:14

Topre Red Arrows, finally:

Luna
Alt255

23 Apr 2018, 16:49

derzemel wrote: Topre Red Arrows, finally:

Damn fine keyboard, isn’t it?
I’m looking for black arrows myself, got a red escape and blue enter.

derzemel

23 Apr 2018, 17:22

Luna wrote: Damn fine keyboard, isn’t it?
It has been my daily driver for more than a year, so yeah, it's a damn fine keyboard. :D

I am now waiting to see what Norbauer cooks up with his aluminium case for the FC660C

Luna
Alt255

23 Apr 2018, 17:57

derzemel wrote:
Luna wrote: Damn fine keyboard, isn’t it?
It has been my daily driver for more than a year, so yeah, it's a damn fine keyboard. :D

I am now waiting to see what Norbauer cooks up with his aluminium case for the FC660C
Same here, I made a post about it on DT and signed-up for the email notifications on the Norbauer site.

keyboards-f2/the-heavy-6-or-norbapold-f ... 18551.html

Dingster

23 Apr 2018, 18:19

Iggy wrote: I have just returned from German customs to pick up this massive beast;
Foto_1.jpg
This F122 was restored according to my specifications by just_add_coffee. He didn't lie a single word when he said it typed amaze-balls. The key-caps are Unicomps and a much of those will be replaced by white on black key-caps. To that purpose I have a M13 waiting to donate its key-caps. If anyone cares, I can open up a topic detailing the restoration process and all of the modifications done to it. Oh, I have yet to put on the black Model M led sticker I got from webwit.

Here are some more photo's;
Spoiler:
Foto_2.jpg
Foto_3.jpg
Foto_4.jpg
Woah that thing looks baller as hell, did he also paint the backplate? :)
Also yea post more pictures after you replace the caps :P

Noobmaen

23 Apr 2018, 22:07

Today I spontaneously bought this military keyboard which I expect to be RAFI hall effect. It has been listed on ebay.de for several months already at 70 euro, and today I made a very low offer of less than half this price, which was accepted much to my surprise.

Elrick

24 Apr 2018, 13:15

Noobmaen wrote: Today I spontaneously bought this military keyboard which I expect to be RAFI hall effect.
NOW that's a Keyboard. If it's covering half a desk, then it's a REAL keyboard that needs to be used constantly.

Nice purchase.

davkol

25 Apr 2018, 22:55

Height-adjustable sit/stand setup!

Elrick

26 Apr 2018, 10:26

davkol wrote: Height-adjustable sit/stand setup!
Noticed on the ground, the back view of a black Aopen PC case, if I'm not mistaken?

davkol

26 Apr 2018, 11:08

The cases are CM Silencio 550 and a Chieftec Mesh big tower (that I posted a couple of months ago).

Brett MacK

29 Apr 2018, 17:24

Pretty unique model M. Don't think I have seen caps like that on one of these. He ended up taking my best offer :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IBM-Me ... 2749.l2649
model m.jpg
model m.jpg (252.79 KiB) Viewed 5602 times

chzel

29 Apr 2018, 20:19

Greek, I've got a couple! If you don't mind, what did you pay for it?

Brett MacK

29 Apr 2018, 20:22

150 shipped. I've always wanted an ISO M, and what better one than this!

chzel

29 Apr 2018, 20:26

Not awfully bad, considering it's a square label and appears to be in good condition.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Apr 2018, 21:20

That's the early one without the locklights. I own one like that from 1986.

Return to “News”