[Kickstarter]Ultimate mechanical keyboard with programmable knob

zool

27 Apr 2018, 01:14

It's a pretty reasonable marketing effort for a budget gaming keyboard, I'm kinda impressed. Its pity they don't have a native English speaker to write their copy. If I was not tripping over every odd phrase and unintended humor... , nar even then not my taste.

Reminds me of my favorite product instruction from a Beijing manufacturer: "8. Add HCl to taste".

depletedvespene

27 Apr 2018, 02:24

Sorry, but I have to disagree here — I think that self-posting their stuff on different forums and then use that to call their product "featured on" does not qualify as reasonable marketing (to say nothing of using the names or handles of some particular users without even bothering with a PM about it).

zool

27 Apr 2018, 03:03

depletedvespene wrote: Sorry, but I have to disagree here — I think that self-posting their stuff on different forums and then use that to call their product "featured on" does not qualify as reasonable marketing (to say nothing of using the names or handles of some particular users without even bothering with a PM about it).
Oh, I 100% agree, all that shit is unethical and misleading. I guess my sour taste inference was too subtle. From my perspective most marketing is mendacious. To be clear; I'm impressed by their effort but not their execution.

Findecanor

27 Apr 2018, 04:20

kbdfr wrote: From their Kickstarter page:
DREVO.jpg
The usernames you ringed in are deleted from their page now, including mine.
I was not asked to be included or removed. :?

chuckdee

27 Apr 2018, 04:41

Findecanor wrote:
DREVO.jpg
Wow... that's even more questionable. But the deskthority logo is still under the portions of communities that "helped us during the process". Why didn't they just communicate and ask? Their rep was here after all.

zool

27 Apr 2018, 05:06

Findecanor wrote:
DREVO.jpg
Maybe they are deferring to the more reasonable position of obtaining your consent if you would like attribution in their marketing.
Last edited by zool on 27 Apr 2018, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

zool

27 Apr 2018, 05:20

I'm retracting some my of objection on the presumption that I think they are trying to do the right thing.

On the product itself: they are trying to do some interesting things at a reasonable price point, some of which is non trivial.

Good luck Drevo, I hope you make a good product and have happy customers.
Last edited by zool on 27 Apr 2018, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

Elrick

27 Apr 2018, 05:53

zool wrote: I hope you make a good product and have happy customers.
They won't simply because 'happy sheep' are normally that way before they meet their end in slaughter houses ;) .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

27 Apr 2018, 07:13

This is still NOT "ultimate"....

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Apr 2018, 11:22

seebart wrote: This is still NOT "ultimate"....
to be ultimate World needs to end soon after

Wodan
ISO Advocate

27 Apr 2018, 11:55

There is a single instance in the history of this planet where the term "ULTIMATE" is used appropriately:
Spoiler:

chuckdee

27 Apr 2018, 19:24

Wodan wrote: There is a single instance in the history of this planet where the term "ULTIMATE" is used appropriately:
Spoiler:
I approve :)

TuxKey
LLAP

01 May 2018, 15:27

looks like a nice board..but after trying the k-type and having a look at the whitefox i can say i don't like low-profile keyboards and i don't like the way they sound..

Findecanor

01 May 2018, 18:29

Neither is a low-profile keyboard. The correct term is "floating keys".

DMA

07 May 2018, 05:27

How can they claim 1000Hz over BLE when minimum polling interval is 7.5ms? I call bullshit

zool

07 May 2018, 14:32

DMA wrote: How can they claim 1000Hz over BLE when minimum polling interval is 7.5ms? I call bullshit

its the old not over ble but our own who knows what kinda protocol 2.4Ghz.
Attachments
d.png
d.png (17.3 KiB) Viewed 3013 times

Return to “News”