Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 23:40

Bass wrote: No problem. If I were you I'd at least give the 3278 a try before deciding to trade it. An F122 is probably more practical as a daily driver for most people but I'd say the 3278 ranks higher than most other beamspring models in this regard, especially if it's the fullsize variant. If you do trade it, I'm sure you'll have many takers within minutes.
Yea its too soon to talk, I think ill like beamsprings, but the layout is eh, and the F122 seems a lot more functional (height and all).

Chyros

28 Jun 2018, 23:49

Dingster wrote:
Bass wrote: No problem. If I were you I'd at least give the 3278 a try before deciding to trade it. An F122 is probably more practical as a daily driver for most people but I'd say the 3278 ranks higher than most other beamspring models in this regard, especially if it's the fullsize variant. If you do trade it, I'm sure you'll have many takers within minutes.
Yea its too soon to talk, I think ill like beamsprings, but the layout is eh, and the F122 seems a lot more functional (height and all).
The F122 is a fantastic board. Just keep in mind it's ABSOLUTELY HUMONGOUS xD .

Beamsprings are a very different kettle of fish. But man, a spotless beamspring for a battleship, that's quite a trade.

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 23:53

Chyros wrote:
Dingster wrote:
The F122 is a fantastic board. Just keep in mind it's ABSOLUTELY HUMONGOUS xD .

Beamsprings are a very different kettle of fish. But man, a spotless beamspring for a battleship, that's quite a trade.
Hopefully manage to seal the deal, will give him another call tomorrow, wish me luck :D

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

28 Jun 2018, 23:56

Dingster wrote:
Bass wrote: F122 prices have also recently inflated, but I'd say a 3278 is worth at least 2-3x as much.
:shock: Thanks man, if i end up getting it ill probably try and trade it for an F122 with no extra payment.
Hopefully it goes well.
That's a crazy generous trade on your part. You could probably sell the beamspring for literally 10 times what you bought it for and you could fund so many projects for yourself - including buying an f122.

Good on you if you decide to trade it straight up, though. I just hope the person you trade it to doesn't turn around and sell the beamspring for a crazy profit >_<

Dingster

29 Jun 2018, 00:07

//gainsborough wrote:
Dingster wrote:
Bass wrote: F122 prices have also recently inflated, but I'd say a 3278 is worth at least 2-3x as much.
:shock: Thanks man, if i end up getting it ill probably try and trade it for an F122 with no extra payment.
Hopefully it goes well.
That's a crazy generous trade on your part. You could probably sell the beamspring for literally 10 times what you bought it for and you could fund so many projects for yourself - including buying an f122.

Good on you if you decide to trade it straight up, though. I just hope the person you trade it to doesn't turn around and sell the beamspring for a crazy profit >_<
Probably a dumb idea on my part but hey Ill see (id feel guilty selling it for that much, if i get it for a low price), still have to seal the deal :p

codemonkeymike

29 Jun 2018, 00:50

You should be able to trade for 2 restored F107 for a 3278 and it still would be an unbalanced trade.

Dingster

29 Jun 2018, 01:02

codemonkeymike wrote: You should be able to trade for 2 restored F107 for a 3278 and it still would be an unbalanced trade.
Wait really? Here I was thinking the 3278 is a run of the mill beamer...

Myoth

29 Jun 2018, 01:05

you might be thinking of the 3277, check this to find out which model it really is : wiki/IBM_Beam_Spring_Keyboards

Dingster

29 Jun 2018, 01:07

Myoth wrote: you might be thinking of the 3277, check this to find out which model it really is : wiki/IBM_Beam_Spring_Keyboards
Its a 3278 numpadless alright. With the manual door cover :)
The cable is cut, and he has a picture with some parts removed and its really clean. Hoping for the best :)

codemonkeymike

29 Jun 2018, 01:42

Not exactly run of the mill (although on the common side), it is one of the most desirable form factors.

Dingster

29 Jun 2018, 13:00

codemonkeymike wrote: Not exactly run of the mill (although on the common side), it is one of the most desirable form factors.
Dang looks like someone offered more, even though i was first. Oh well (rip dreams of a model F :lol:) :roll:
Also he had 3 of them sold them for 350€ to someone...just dang.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

05 Jul 2018, 16:27

dogmantime wrote: WEYTEC HK2000C, Clears, before+after i retrobright these caps?
Spoiler:
Maybe 150€ for the board in this condition.
Most of the ones I've seen so far were German layout so UK layout is a nice novelty.
Price with retrobrighted caps depends on the quality of your brightening job.
If you do a great job, add maybe 30-50€ depending on the shine one the caps.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

12 Jul 2018, 02:46

I'd like to sell these space invader battleships (black/clicky). Wondering if I should sell them in their current condition or work on them a bit. Anyone got an estimate of a fair price for one of these boards as-is as well as a fair price for one of these boards cleaned up and converted to usb? (For the record, I'm probably going to clean them up anyways since it's weirdly satisfying to bring something back from the dead)

fohat
Elder Messenger

12 Jul 2018, 03:04

I had one of those that was really nice, but mine was almost new. I only sold it because I could not convert it to ANSI.

As I recall, it was native PS/2 and did not need a converter.

If nothing else, it has value for the dye-sub PBT caps and switches, but it is certainly worth cleaning up.

Bass

12 Jul 2018, 04:32

Someone is offering to sell me an '87 1391472 SSK for $250. Seems a little high to me but I am wondering if prices went up since I last checked? All the SSKs I currently see on ebay are listed at above $300.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

12 Jul 2018, 04:34

Bass wrote: Someone is offering to sell me an '87 1391472 SSK for $250. Seems a little high to me but I am wondering if prices went up since I last checked? All the SSKs I currently see on ebay are listed at above $300.
Really depends on the condition, I think. If it's in good condition that is certainly below market price right now.

JP!

12 Jul 2018, 04:51

//gainsborough wrote:
Bass wrote: Someone is offering to sell me an '87 1391472 SSK for $250. Seems a little high to me but I am wondering if prices went up since I last checked? All the SSKs I currently see on ebay are listed at above $300.
Really depends on the condition, I think. If it's in good condition that is certainly below market price right now.
Not a bad price if it's in nice condition. Also the older '87 SSK's are desirable.

Bass

12 Jul 2018, 04:54

//gainsborough wrote:
I see, thanks. The keycaps are a bit dirty but seems like it's in decent shape otherwise as every key registers properly. I am not in a rush to buy an SSK by any means, but I would definitely like to have one in my collection someday.

Ascen1ty

14 Jul 2018, 04:39

So, I bought another G80-3112HAG recently which was delivered today - this one is date code H (1995) but seems to have had pretty much no use at all.

The keycaps are in fantastic condition (bar a few minor factory marks that don't want to budge), with absolutely no signs of shine & all of the switches seem to work perfectly, though there are a few storage marks on the case itself.

Would this be worth more complete, or disassembled to harvest the switches & keycaps separately?

scottc

14 Jul 2018, 09:09

It has 2KRO so I would be surprised if it was worth more complete. Not sure though.

I don't know why someone would buy it higher than the eBay listing price though, aren't they still in stock?

Ascen1ty

14 Jul 2018, 11:26

scottc wrote: It has 2KRO so I would be surprised if it was worth more complete. Not sure though.

I don't know why someone would buy it higher than the eBay listing price though, aren't they still in stock?
Yeah the 2KRO is a pain in the arse.

That's a fair point; I just thought it could be worth a bit more because of the condition but I suppose it's not a true G80-3000, so the caps/switches would probably be worth more separately :lol:.

scottc

14 Jul 2018, 14:40

I guess it's worth more parted out /in theory/ but you'll have a hard time selling UK caps to people outside of the UK -- all of which can just just buy them on eBay. :D The switches on those are really nice though, they clean up really well.

Ascen1ty

14 Jul 2018, 18:22

Yeah, I lubed the ones from my previous purchase and they're really nice to type on - I really had to deep clean that one though... this one was basically untouched & I just gave it a wipe down, the switches are really nice without lubing at all.

Im pretty sure the switches are worth more than I paid for it anyway, so if I do decide to split it then I'm not losing out, even if the caps don't sell :D

Just pulled some WKL G81 caps too and I think they're thick PBT Dyesubs with centre stems, you think they'd sell? (MY switches make me cry). The F5 cap has a slightly damaged stem but it doesn't effect the cap at all & the right arrow key's stem is a bit mauled because a MY stem snapped off inside it during shipping, but again it seems to work perfectly.

scottc

14 Jul 2018, 18:27

If the prices are the same, then it's still a great deal for lots of smooth MX blacks and good UK doubleshots. But the seller seems to have pretty much unlimited stock. :D Good for everyone.

Those dyesubs are really nice. Must be a G81-3000 SAG set. I bet they'd sell if you decide to sell them. Not sure what they're worth really. Did you also get them from eBay?

Dingster

14 Jul 2018, 19:02

scottc wrote: If the prices are the same, then it's still a great deal for lots of smooth MX blacks and good UK doubleshots. But the seller seems to have pretty much unlimited stock. :D Good for everyone.

Those dyesubs are really nice. Must be a G81-3000 SAG set. I bet they'd sell if you decide to sell them. Not sure what they're worth really. Did you also get them from eBay?
Mind sharing a link? Cant find them :P

scottc

14 Jul 2018, 19:04

I haven't looked in a while, will try to dig them up for you!

Edit: ahh my info is outdated, it looks like they ran out actually! They had loads in stock last I checked and kept restocking them. :oops: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/blackwaterte ... 2749.l2754

Dingster

14 Jul 2018, 19:10

scottc wrote: I haven't looked in a while, will try to dig them up for you!

Edit: ahh my info is outdated, it looks like they ran out actually! They had loads in stock last I checked and kept restocking them. :oops: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/blackwaterte ... 2749.l2754
Thats a shame. :( Still thanks!

Ascen1ty

14 Jul 2018, 22:58

scottc wrote: If the prices are the same, then it's still a great deal for lots of smooth MX blacks and good UK doubleshots. But the seller seems to have pretty much unlimited stock. :D Good for everyone.

Yeah, even if they're not vintage, they're really smooth due to being used every day for ~20 or so years.

Awesome, though so - bargain! Yeah, I bought a couple of the 3112's from ebay and the dude sent a G81 (3112SFBGB) as I'm not sure he knows the difference (as they're not even listed as G80's, but Cherry's postcode? lol).

mark201200

15 Jul 2018, 16:44

Hi, I have an AEK I with orange alps that I restored. Retrobrighted the case and spacebar, cleaned the case and the plate (not the motherboard under the plate tho). All the keys work perfectly. I have the original cable.
The only problem is that the spacebar is *slightly* warped. Doesn't influence the keyfeel tho.

I also have an AEKII with cream dampened in the same condition, except that I haven't cleaned the switches and the plate (might clean them tho). The "nipple" on the left of the case broke off. Two switches aren't working: pgdown and M, probably because of liquid damage. I think they can be repaired tho.
I also have the original box, cable and manual.
don't have a pic as it is currently disassembled.

pizza_is_a_lie

16 Jul 2018, 01:48

I have a WKL ISO G81-1800 and G81-3000, both with doubleshots. Both have surface dust on the caps but they're A-grade. Cases are A-grade too. Price before and after cap clean, if different?

Return to “Marketplace Help”