[IC] Keebags - Keyboard Carry Cases (Potential Round 3)

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2018, 13:49

Round 3 IC: 03/01/2020

If you believe that your keyboards deserve protection whilst in transit or between uses, measure them up and find a Keebag to fit. Offered in an array of sizes and colours with padded foam lining, tough velcro and strong D-rings, these bags offer both form and function. They're handmade in Britain too.

After successful 2018 and 2019 Keebag rounds, we're looking to run a round 3! As before, we anticipate a 2-month lead time once orders have closed.

Nothing has changed. We've kept to our original design; the same sizes and colours as before are still available.

IC LINK: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform

VIEW THE RANGE: https://paradigm.parts/projects/keebags

MORE INFORMATION: https://paradigm.parts/articles/keebags-faq

Last edited by pizza_is_a_lie on 03 Jan 2020, 15:48, edited 36 times in total.

depletedvespene

10 Jul 2018, 13:57

Potentially idiotic question here: would the cases include a strap? (and if the cases should be black to keep prices down, would it be feasible to get colored straps, to compensate the lack of colour?)

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2018, 14:09

depletedvespene wrote: Potentially idiotic question here: would the cases include a strap? (and if the cases should be black to keep prices down, would it be feasible to get colored straps, to compensate the lack of colour?)
Hey! Great questions. I know that the supplier of the cases does offer small straps however I'm waiting on a price for them. I'll definitely ask about what colours they offer, too.

Alternatively, any satchel strap on the market would work if you had something else you'd like to use :D

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

10 Jul 2018, 15:08

Won't be joining since the name has "keeb" in it.

depletedvespene

10 Jul 2018, 15:11

I don't know who the chap named Kee that you hate so much might be, but... as long as the legend "keebag" isn't embroidered on the side or otherwise prominently displayed in the bag, it shouldn't be that much of an issue, should it?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

10 Jul 2018, 15:13

I'm being partially serious and partially sarcastic. I don't need a bag to begin with, but even if I did, I can't stand the word "keeb" which this was obviously modeled from.

depletedvespene

10 Jul 2018, 15:14

Blaise170 wrote: I'm being partially serious and partially sarcastic.
What an interesting coincidence. :mrgreen:

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2018, 18:47

Blaise170 wrote: I'm being partially serious and partially sarcastic. I don't need a bag to begin with, but even if I did, I can't stand the word "keeb" which this was obviously modeled from.
I went with a straightforward name for a straightforward product. No 'Keebag' branding et cetera will be on the cases.
Last edited by pizza_is_a_lie on 13 Jun 2019, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_is_a_lie

14 Jul 2018, 16:53

Updated original post!

depletedvespene

14 Jul 2018, 22:41

pizza_is_a_lie wrote: Updated original post!
Have you looked into getting a proxy for USA participants? I bet significant savings in shipping could be procured that way (or I could be completely wrong, of course).

FWIW, I really like the black with teal webbings. :)

pizza_is_a_lie

14 Jul 2018, 23:27

depletedvespene wrote:
pizza_is_a_lie wrote: Updated original post!
Have you looked into getting a proxy for USA participants? I bet significant savings in shipping could be procured that way (or I could be completely wrong, of course).

FWIW, I really like the black with teal webbings. :)
I'd considered it but I don't have big ties with anybody out there. I have no issue with a few people who trust eachother doing micro-proxies though :mrgreen:

pizza_is_a_lie

19 Jul 2018, 23:09

We're live tomorrow at 19:00 BST - original post updated!

pizza_is_a_lie

20 Jul 2018, 20:06

Live as promised @ https://ppkr.co.uk

scottc

20 Jul 2018, 22:12

I can't help but notice that these seem pretty expensive -- especially vs. eg the bags that are sold along with the TX60s from Kin25, which sell for $45, and are really sturdy with foam.

pizza_is_a_lie

20 Jul 2018, 23:19

scottc wrote: I can't help but notice that these seem pretty expensive -- especially vs. eg the bags that are sold along with the TX60s from Kin25, which sell for $45, and are really sturdy with foam.
It's fine to have that opinion :mrgreen: All I can say is that these are manufactured and procured in England with sizes chosen by me and IC participants to specifically fit keyboards. They're also not weak by any stretch of the imagination and the 10mm foam all-round is great.

For comparison, the single 60% case in this range comes in at roughly $36.50 but a double 60% is available for a few dollars more, offering even better value.

pizza_is_a_lie

28 Jul 2018, 20:29

Just a quick update… we have a US proxy! See the first post or visit ppkr.co.uk/FAQ

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Aug 2018, 18:01

Bump!

pizza_is_a_lie

05 Aug 2018, 05:33

Paradigm has had a bit of a facelift! Check out the new home page.

I'll also be adding a few more sections to the site. First, I'll be sticking up a classifieds for my private sales because why not? But, going forward, I'd love to know what you would like to see in the store. Drop me a PM with items which you'd like to see more of in the UK.

And of course, the Keebag group buy is still accepting orders! We have another 3 to 4 weeks of accepting orders so there's plenty of time. As always, feel free to get in touch with any Qs.

pizza_is_a_lie

13 Aug 2018, 01:01

Orders are being taken until 2nd September!

pizza_is_a_lie

22 Aug 2018, 20:38

Less than two weeks to go, don't forget!

pizza_is_a_lie

30 Aug 2018, 21:57

Final few days!

pizza_is_a_lie

01 Sep 2018, 23:38

< 24 hours to go, thanks to everyone involved thus far

pizza_is_a_lie

20 Oct 2018, 16:00

https://tinyletter.com/paradigmparts/le ... e-and-more
The Keebag build week has slipped by one week as the manufacturer was waiting on the small Paradigm labels (which feature on the inside of the bag) to arrive. As it stands, the bags should be ready early next week. I believe that bags should arrive with group buy participants by the end of Halloween week (in 2 weeks' time). I will continue to update the Keebag FAQ with progress, as well as the Deskthority and Geekhack posts.
Last edited by pizza_is_a_lie on 31 Oct 2018, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_is_a_lie

31 Oct 2018, 14:21

I just wanted to provide a quick update. I'm awaiting an ETA from the manufacturer who have let us down by 2 weeks thus far. I'll be passing on my concern (perhaps I'll wait until after delivery)! I'll update again once they arrive with me and I apologise for missing the original estimated dates.

pizza_is_a_lie

14 Nov 2018, 00:20

The order is to be delivered to me this week and shipping out to you will take place over the weekend!

pizza_is_a_lie

16 Nov 2018, 12:38

Arrived! Processing and shipping out this weekend. See OP or the FAQ for more.

pizza_is_a_lie

18 Nov 2018, 00:56

Original post updated.

All orders bar the proxy, PPKR-1001 and PPKR-1031 have shipped though these are scheduled for Monday.

Thanks everybody for getting involved. Should you need me, you know where I am.

pizza_is_a_lie

24 Dec 2018, 00:27

Donut has now shipped all of the US proxy orders which should have now been received.

As always, do hit us up with any queries. Otherwise, I'll look to close this as complete Dec 30th.

pizza_is_a_lie

11 Jan 2019, 17:51

As of 11/01/2019, Keebag round 1 is complete. All orders have shipped and the bags have been well received. Thanks to everyone for taking part!

pizza_is_a_lie

07 Mar 2019, 19:02

Round 2 is live! All relevant information can be found in the OP.

Return to “Group buys”