SKB75 / SKB65 / SKB60 - GB CONCLUDED

Shihatsu

31 Jul 2018, 09:18

First of all: I was very dissapointed to hear from the problems with the thickness. I just LOVE heavy boards (a good keyboard is messured by its ZBB - Zombies before Broken). But i rather have a slightly lighter KBD75 than no KBD75, so very well done! And the transparency is just outstanding, I again bow my head, Sir!
Second: CAN. NOT. WAIT! Srsly, it is killing me. Take all the time you need, but HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!!!! ;););) I have waited quite some time in this hobby, but never before was I that anxious.
Thir, a little bit OT: Gotta go with genuine cherry stabs of Faxe and two plates (and ofc two PCBs) - what do you guys think are the most silent switches currently?

PlastikSchnittstelle

31 Jul 2018, 10:29

Shihatsu wrote: what do you guys think are the most silent switches currently?
cherry mx silent, available in black or red flavor, imo.

you could get them easily and directly from reichelt or arrow, price is OK if you buy at least 100. The "developer kit" is available at reichelt as well but only silent red. My silent blacks were pretty scratchy, so lubing them is a must imo.
Don't fall for the cheaper gateron silent clones. They only have two of the little dampeners on the stem, whereas cherry has more/bigger spots with dampeners on the stem. Because of this you have to hit the gateron silent switches exactly in the center, otherwise at the bottom out the stem will hit the housing at an un-dampened spot. this leads to a highly inconsistent typing feel and sound, sometimes you bottom out dampened and sometimes undampened. This dosen't happen with the cherry silent switches - you always bottom out dampened, unless you hit hard, then you compress the dampeners so much, you'll hear like a normal bottom out sound.

That's the explanation why I had to desolder the Gateron Aliaz silent switches.

Attached a quick compare shot of Cherry Silent Black vs Gateron Silent Black:
Attachments
cherry vs gateron.png
cherry vs gateron.png (4.1 MiB) Viewed 7312 times

PlastikSchnittstelle

31 Jul 2018, 11:14

scottc wrote: Sounds good, thank you.
so just put the 3mm version parts on the scale. just top, bottom and plate together are 0,724kg. minus the ~0,150kg we get 0,574kg, which is a bit more than that.

scottc

01 Aug 2018, 10:35

Interesting, thank you very much for checking. I'll do some comparisons this weekend!

PlastikSchnittstelle

03 Aug 2018, 23:35

here is an updated order list
Attachments
[GB] SKBXX 2018-08-03.pdf
(20.53 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

PlastikSchnittstelle

04 Aug 2018, 13:57

Hey,
I sent an email to all participants. just summing up the recent development and informing about the next steps. also the new 15€ international shipping option. hope it didn't land in your spam folder. I know from scott that his went to spam, he uses gmail, so if you use gmail, there is a very good chance the mail landed in your spam as well.
want to send the invoices out later this day or tomorrow.

faxe
5711 4 life

04 Aug 2018, 14:13

gmail and spam confirmed here. Thanks for the update and the next steps!

LightningXI

04 Aug 2018, 14:23

PlastikSchnittstelle wrote: Hey,
I sent an email to all participants. just summing up the recent development and informing about the next steps. also the new 15€ international shipping option. hope it didn't land in your spam folder. I know from scott that his went to spam, he uses gmail, so if you use gmail, there is a very good chance the mail landed in your spam as well.
want to send the invoices out later this day or tomorrow.
Thank you so much for the update. Indeed, it landed in my spam for Gmail. I've reported it as Not Spam.

Look forward to it. If I manage to get into the raffle, I know what I would get for an extra. Cheers.

depletedvespene

04 Aug 2018, 14:34

faxe wrote: gmail and spam confirmed here. Thanks for the update and the next steps!
Same here. Seems gmail is getting overly zealous. :|

Typo

04 Aug 2018, 19:01

Thanks for the update. Will paying via SEPA be a standard option? Since the mail suggests that everything except paypal needs some special attention. Just asking to check if I'll have to dust off my paypal account.

PlastikSchnittstelle

04 Aug 2018, 21:39

well, sepa would be possible of course. it's just that it would be much simpler for me to keep it all in one account and the paypal account seems to be the best option. I like the idea, that I can keep the money there until I have to make the payment to the manufacturer. getting the money into different accounts and especially into accounts that I personally use is something I'd like to avoid. the paypal account is a business account that i created just for this purpose. let's please stick to paypal unless it is absolutely not an option for you. if that is really the case, then we can do sepa.

I hope dusting it off is OK for you :)

I also sent out the emails for exactly this reason - so you get a heads up that a paypal invoice is imminent and anyone who can't do paypal can let me know before I send int out.

Now I really hope not too many emails landed in the spam. I especially hoped to ping those who jumped on very early but may have forgotten about it since. considering sending out a simple non-html mail that just asks to check the spam folder :roll: maybe I'm just overthinking stuff and am way to careful.

Typo

05 Aug 2018, 10:19

No problem. You've got enough work organising the whole thing. If paypal is the simplest option for you, I'll manage reactivating my account ;)

PlastikSchnittstelle

05 Aug 2018, 22:01

Hey all!

Why haven't you gotten an invoice yet? I said this weekend, Sunday the latest!

Due to the many variants and different shipping option there is no way I can generate the Paypal invoices completely automated. I more or less generate all the 150 invoices one by one. I only have about 50 as of now. They are all saved as drafts. It's already late here, have to go to sleep and continue tomorrow. So I'll finish them tomorrow and when they are all done I'll send them.

The story of unexpected obstacles continues.

depletedvespene

05 Aug 2018, 22:04

PlastikSchnittstelle wrote: Hey all!

Why haven't you gotten an invoice yet? I said this weekend, Sunday the latest!

Due to the many variants and different shipping option there is no way I can generate the Paypal invoices completely automated. I more or less generate all the 150 invoices one by one. I only have about 50 as of now. They are all saved as drafts. It's already late here, have to go to sleep and continue tomorrow. So I'll finish them tomorrow and when they are all done I'll send them.

The story of unexpected obstacles continues.
Damn, now I'm sorry about having made a change to my initial order and getting way lower on the buyers list. ;)

hansichen

05 Aug 2018, 22:35

I hope you have an AC, spending hours in front of the PC to set up the invoices is no fun at all with the current temperatures.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly once the invoices are send out.

scottc

05 Aug 2018, 23:02

No rush, take all the time that you need. :) I appreciate your attention to detail, it's worth the wait!

depletedvespene

05 Aug 2018, 23:03

scottc wrote: No rush, take all the time that you need. :) I appreciate your attention to detail, it's worth the wait!
I second this opinion.

nuclear_wizard

06 Aug 2018, 09:18

Just saw the update on the confirmation emails. I didn't get one (Gmail user), and unfortunately, cleaned out my spam folder just today. If everything is right on my order in the list, but I didn't respond to the email, I'll still be invoiced, right?

Also, no rush on the invoicing, don't feel like you need to stress on getting them out (at least on my part).

PlastikSchnittstelle

06 Aug 2018, 11:10

depletedvespene wrote: Damn, now I'm sorry about having made a change to my initial order and getting way lower on the buyers list. ;)
just to clarify, your position in the order list has nothing to do with the raffle. the first 100 who paid the invoice will enter the raffle.

PlastikSchnittstelle

06 Aug 2018, 11:15

nuclear_wizard wrote: Just saw the update on the confirmation emails. I didn't get one (Gmail user), and unfortunately, cleaned out my spam folder just today. If everything is right on my order in the list, but I didn't respond to the email, I'll still be invoiced, right?

Also, no rush on the invoicing, don't feel like you need to stress on getting them out (at least on my part).
the email basically just summarizes the latest gb development to bring people up to speed that have signed up early and may have forgotten about it since. no impact on invoicing if you haven't gotten it.
I did send it again to you, so please check your spam again.

faxe
5711 4 life

06 Aug 2018, 14:12

Invoiced revceived and paid!

RealityCavesIn

06 Aug 2018, 14:34

faxe wrote: Invoiced revceived and paid!
Me too. Hopefully people are quick to pay their invoices so it can go to production soon :)

Shihatsu

06 Aug 2018, 16:03

Thank you very much for all your answers to my stupid questions. I ain't got no invoice yet, I will wait for it. But it seems kinda hard to pay fast if there is no invoice. I doublechecked with spam, and your mail from saturday reached me without problems, so I am getting a little bit anxious. Also, sorry to stress that point, PayPal is still a no go for me, sorry. :(

PlastikSchnittstelle

06 Aug 2018, 17:33

I just sent out a few invoices because there is a paypal limit that has to be lifted by sending in the personal id. so i just sent out enough invoices to trigger the paypal notification that will also provide me with a link where i can upload the info - that's what the paypal lady told me on the phone.

meanwhile i"m preparing further invoices and save them as draft.

don't worry, be patient :)

depletedvespene

07 Aug 2018, 16:54

I just got my invoice. Three guesses as to what did I do. :mrgreen:

scl

07 Aug 2018, 17:39

AAAAND PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID :D

The_Boom_Boy

08 Aug 2018, 10:57

Hype!

Shihatsu

08 Aug 2018, 18:24

I would gladly pay my invoice, and sorry for beeing again a pita, but wasn't there a SEPA option meant to be? Paypal is still a no-go for me :(

PlastikSchnittstelle

08 Aug 2018, 22:20

Shihatsu wrote: I would gladly pay my invoice, and sorry for beeing again a pita, but wasn't there a SEPA option meant to be? Paypal is still a no-go for me :(
will send you an email invoice with my sepa data tomorrow.

around 80 of 150 have already paid. nut sure if that is good or bad.

Shihatsu

09 Aug 2018, 10:22

It certainly is bad for me because I am losing a spot in the lottery - but I will not complain about it, for me beeing extra special, asking stupid questions and steeling extra time from you :D
To make things clear: I thank you a LOT for all you have done in this groupbuy!

Return to “Group buys”