Typing Demo XL: NO SOLENOID beamspring (IBM 5251)

Chyros

12 Aug 2018, 22:58

As requested, a typing demo of the 5251 with the solenoid off. Hope you enjoy! :)

depletedvespene

12 Aug 2018, 23:07

Enjoyed. :-D

zslane

13 Aug 2018, 04:48

The difference is subtle, but the sound of the solenoid really adds that special something.

Elrick

13 Aug 2018, 04:49

The key clatter is a sure fire HARD-on for us DT fanatics :o .

Nothing comes close to your keyboard Chyros, it is the Penultimate 'Clicky' Keyboard that was ever made.

Thank you for another gorgeous sound presentation, it's almost melodic yet you still have clowns wanting silent switches, go figure.

samuelcable

13 Aug 2018, 05:25

Elrick wrote: The key clatter is a sure fire HARD-on for us DT fanatics :o .

Nothing comes close to your keyboard Chyros, it is the Penultimate 'Clicky' Keyboard that was ever made.

Thank you for another gorgeous sound presentation, it's almost melodic yet you still have clowns wanting silent switches, go figure.
sorry i dont want the whole house to know im typing

darkcruix

15 Aug 2018, 10:34

It is amazing how different the sounds of the beam spring keyboards are. Your 5251 sounds very different compared to my 3278. I tried to capture the sound of mine in the video below.

Elrick

15 Aug 2018, 12:59

samuelcable wrote: sorry i dont want the whole house to know im typing
Never say sorry for something that represents yourself.

Time to come out and proclaim to the World you are a DT Typer, don't feel ashamed or be forced into a closet to circumvent your deep desires.

Let everyone know your unbridled LOVE for clicky and loud keyboards, because it's natural and it's the 21st century ;) .

Return to “Keyboards”