MECHANICON is back! Meetup in Frankfurt, Germany on November 3rd!

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

18 Aug 2018, 17:19

Aaaaand, we are back!

Date: November 3rd, 2018
Time: 16:00–20:00

We'll meet in a friendly atmosphere in a cool location to show off and talk about our keyboards.

-----

Do I want this?

Attendance is free! Come over, chat about your hobby, bring your keyboards, try other keyboards, trade/talk/laugh/ :)

We finally found a cool location thanks to CandyKeys! You can meet them at the event! They will be there in person and you can view and buy all the things they have in their shop.

If you are just getting started with keyboards, take a deep dive with us! **Everyone is welcome!**

We will have great special guests:
And great raffle prices and give-aways by:
Take a look at last year's event on youtube, including interviews with DT celebrities :D :D :D
-----

I want this!

We have a Meetup group. Just join us and RSVP for the event, so we know how many people/keyboards to expect:
https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Mechanical ... 253901061/

-----

Watch this post, I will keep it updated with more information about the event!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
I hope to see you there!
Last edited by KeepClackingAnd... on 27 Oct 2018, 16:34, edited 4 times in total.

green-squid

18 Aug 2018, 18:02

NOVEMBER 3 is my birthday!!! And also the last day of the autumn break in Hungary, so there will be no Mechanicon for me :(

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

19 Aug 2018, 09:41

Come over, I will bring cake! :D If not, I hope you can make it another time. :)

TuxKey
LLAP

21 Aug 2018, 15:18

hmmm will see if i have the time to visit.. from The Netherlands.. meet up a couple of nice people.. like Wodan ;-) and other active DT members.. perhaps sell sum boards ? what ever.. will see...i do love that we have these meetups.. awsome..

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2018, 17:42

Tempting. Looks like £230 to fly in for the day from Edinburgh (with a hold bag, natch) with Lufthansa. Which is more than I can swing for now.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

21 Aug 2018, 17:45

I can't make it to mechanicon this year but HOPEFULLY can make it next year.

Muirium wrote: Tempting. Looks like £230 to fly in for the day from Edinburgh (with a hold bag, natch) with Lufthansa. Which is more than I can swing for now.
If you're still looking to go there next year, you can stay over at my place. At least get 2 days of vacation out of this heheh

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2018, 17:50

Sounds like a cunning plan! I’m up for it in spirit, for sure.

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

02 Sep 2018, 12:52

Just out of interest, what would people like to see? From my modest collection, should I bring modern boards or older boards with me? MX? Alps? Buckling Springs? Keyswitch testers? Custom caps? I am travelling to Frankfurt by train, so I can only bring a few things with me at most.

Will the doors open earlier than 14:00 to set up, or should we plan to arrive at 14:00 promptly?

Incidentally, do we have a standard layout for each keyboard's Infotafel at the event, listing make, model, keyswitch type, etc etc?

Slom

02 Sep 2018, 13:43

If anybody from Saxony is interested in splitting fuel costs, let me know ...

Slom

02 Sep 2018, 13:43

Wintermute1974 wrote: Just out of interest, what would people like to see? From my modest collection, should I bring modern boards or older boards with me? MX? Alps? Buckling Springs? Keyswitch testers? Custom caps? I am travelling to Frankfurt by train, so I can only bring a few things with me at most.

Will the doors open earlier than 14:00 to set up, or should we plan to arrive at 14:00 promptly?

Incidentally, do we have a standard layout for each keyboard's Infotafel at the event, listing make, model, keyswitch type, etc etc?
The older the better, if you ask me :D

Are there any plans to have a vintage/DT corner this year?

Noobmaen

02 Sep 2018, 13:46

I hope I can join this year, in which case I'm going to bring a lot of vintage boards such as fujitsu leafspring, beamspring, micro switch etc.

hansichen

02 Sep 2018, 14:18

Slom wrote: If anybody from Saxony is interested in splitting fuel costs, let me know ...
South Saxony-Anhalt here, generally interested if we can work something out :)
Last edited by hansichen on 02 Sep 2018, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

02 Sep 2018, 17:49

Wintermute1974 wrote: Will the doors open earlier than 14:00 to set up, or should we plan to arrive at 14:00 promptly?
Hey! The official welcome will be at 16:00, doors will be open from 15:00. :)

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

03 Sep 2018, 09:54

Noobmaen wrote: I hope I can join this year, in which case I'm going to bring a lot of vintage boards such as fujitsu leafspring, beamspring, micro switch etc.
Wow, that is quite the collection. I hope you make it to Frankfurt.

green-squid wrote: NOVEMBER 3 is my birthday!!! And also the last day of the autumn break in Hungary, so there will be no Mechanicon for me :(
What better way to celebrate your birthday than taking the overnight bus to Frankfurt, seeing great keyboards, then taking the overnight bus back to Hungary? You will definitely remember where you were on your birthday. 8-)

KeepClackingAnd... wrote: Hey! The official welcome will be at 16:00, doors will be open from 15:00. :)
Thanks for the correction. See you between 15:00 and 16:00 at the Adlerwerke.

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

21 Sep 2018, 20:16

Hey I just updated the description and added some of our early sponsors and special guests! I am very happy that we get that much support and I am super excited for November! See you there! :D :D :D

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

07 Oct 2018, 16:50

Good news everyone! Wooting just told me they will join us at the conference! :) :) Try out their Wooting One first hand and maybe even win one at our famous raffle!

7bit

14 Oct 2018, 13:32

ALGOL_TUX_WELCOME_VIOLETT_724.png
ALGOL_TUX_WELCOME_VIOLETT_724.png (191.24 KiB) Viewed 17558 times
:ugeek:

JBert

14 Oct 2018, 16:33

7bit wrote: (Awesome poster snipped due to size)
:ugeek:
I guess 7bot will do all the talking? Also, nice of you to put at least 3 ducks in the border, Webwit would approve. :D

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

14 Oct 2018, 18:42

If I have time, I will be there. I would take the train from Berlin or if somebody drive from there I would gladly pay my half of the fuel costs. I would bring my SSK (with solenoid und Cyrillic keycaps) and my two 60%s.

CeeSA

14 Oct 2018, 23:28

Any older "Heavyweights" there? I mean beside 7bit ;)

Someone from the Netherlands? Somebody I knew? :D

IronSunsetscales

24 Oct 2018, 19:12

Does there happen to be a 'for sale' section at Mechanicon?

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

24 Oct 2018, 19:44

People usually add a note next to the keyboards they want to sell, so people can contact them.

There will be cards available that you can use.

IronSunsetscales

24 Oct 2018, 19:48

KeepClackingAnd... wrote: People usually add a note next to the keyboards they want to sell, so people can contact them.

There will be cards available that you can use.
Aha always good to know that, Thank you!

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

25 Oct 2018, 08:03

Sure :) Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

27 Oct 2018, 15:42

Just added The Keyboard Company, Massdrop and Yasin Tahir to the list of sponsors... Thank you so much! The raffle is going to be insaaaaaane!

Important for all people coming: Pleeeease RSVP on meetup. This is very important for us organizers, so we know how many people are coming.

Even more important: Please read carefully through the description of the meetup event and check it for updates. It will give you a lot of useful information, e.g. travel directions, when the doors are open, etc.

Very excited to see all of you (again) next week! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CeeSA

31 Oct 2018, 21:49

It is allowed to bring some other input devices like trackballs, mice and mice cables ;) :D

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

31 Oct 2018, 21:59

Every year someone smuggles some trackballs on the tables and I am totally fine with it! :D

hansichen

01 Nov 2018, 13:16

I'm eyeing on trackballs for quite a while now, looking forward to seeing some models in person this weekend.

I'll probably bring my SSK, QXP with German Dolch and a mech 27 :D If somebody has a spare Esc key for my SSK or even a DT cap I'd happily buy it to complete my board ;)

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

02 Nov 2018, 13:52

Wodan wrote: I can't make it to mechanicon this year but HOPEFULLY can make it next year.
That's too bad. Wodan, can you share your template file from last year? I would like to prepare for tomorrow.

Last year, you used:
DT Corner.jpg
DT Corner.jpg (273.01 KiB) Viewed 17267 times

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

02 Nov 2018, 18:57

Wintermute1974 wrote: That's too bad. Wodan, can you share your template file from last year? I would like to prepare for tomorrow.
This is the original file the new postcards were printed with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dqaim28d47rk ... s.pdf?dl=1

Hope this helps!

Return to “News”