Pristine Leading Edge DC-3014

Damonskv

01 Oct 2018, 11:28

I know it's almost impossible, but why not try....

Elrick

03 Oct 2018, 07:37

I'm sure if you offered about $650.00USD the owners MIGHT change their mind in selling it to you..... ;)

xxhellfirexx

03 Oct 2018, 08:08

Wouldn't it be more economical to get a Dell/SGI big foot and swap the switches with Alps SKCM blue switches instead?

Damonskv

03 Oct 2018, 08:33

Elrick wrote: I'm sure if you offered about $650.00USD the owners MIGHT change their mind in selling it to you..... ;)
Well, I know that the last time the nos dc-3014 sold out for $700 on ebay, so I'm ready for that price range.

Damonskv

03 Oct 2018, 08:40

xxhellfirexx wrote: Wouldn't it be more economical to get a Dell/SGI big foot and swap the switches with Alps SKCM blue switches instead?
Not really understand why? I want to buy dc-3014, not just a keyboard with blue alps

Elrick

03 Oct 2018, 09:39

Damonskv wrote:
xxhellfirexx wrote: Wouldn't it be more economical to get a Dell/SGI big foot and swap the switches with Alps SKCM blue switches instead?
Not really understand why? I want to buy dc-3014, not just a keyboard with blue alps
Damn straight, always go for what you really want. Life is way too short to cut corners and make do with anything less.

If you've got the commitment to spend than go after the Original all the way. Although finding that special owner willing to part with it, is another whole story in itself.

Wish you the best of Luck in achieving your Quest.

Damonskv

03 Oct 2018, 19:50

Elrick wrote:
Damonskv wrote:
Damn straight, always go for what you really want. Life is way too short to cut corners and make do with anything less.

If you've got the commitment to spend than go after the Original all the way. Although finding that special owner willing to part with it, is another whole story in itself.

Wish you the best of Luck in achieving your Quest.
Thank you, I hope I ever find what your looking for, i understand that it may take months and maybe years))

JP!

03 Oct 2018, 20:00

If you really want it do not give up, but yes sometimes these things can take a long time to come to fruition. Since it is no longer made there is no reliable supply. Someone could find one in a thrift store for very little or you could come across a collector who wouldn't consider selling for double what it's worth. I guess I fall into the latter category in some cases.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

04 Oct 2018, 04:30

JP! wrote: I guess I fall into the latter category in some cases.
I do in this case, but have no desire to sell my 3014 at any price. Good luck with your search though.

Damonskv

04 Oct 2018, 09:52

JP! wrote: If you really want it do not give up, but yes sometimes these things can take a long time to come to fruition. Since it is no longer made there is no reliable supply. Someone could find one in a thrift store for very little or you could come across a collector who wouldn't consider selling for double what it's worth. I guess I fall into the latter category in some cases.
Thanks, Yes, I too now belong to this category since sold everything I could part with and left only with what will never give up under any circumstances))

Damonskv

04 Oct 2018, 09:54

mike52787 wrote:
JP! wrote: I guess I fall into the latter category in some cases.
I do in this case, but have no desire to sell my 3014 at any price. Good luck with your search though.
Yes, I am full of hope, while I managed to find almost everything I wanted, although it took more than 4 years to find some things

Damonskv

18 Oct 2018, 21:09

bump

Last bumped by Damonskv on 18 Oct 2018, 21:09.

Return to “Want to buy”