KBP V80-MTS-Q-Olivette (Matias Quiet Click) for 80 € *EU wide shipped*

ghostdawg187

04 Oct 2018, 12:21

Hi wonderful people of deskthority!

I sell this tenkeyless version with Matias Quiet Click switches. I have purchased it 1.5 years ago from the keyboard company in UK. It is in a pretty good shape. Unfortunately as some or maybe all Matias Quiet Click switches also the switches used in this KBP V80 suffer from keychatter. I have treated the affected switches exactly by a method provided under this url:

http://homecoffeecode.com/fixing-a-mati ... a-kpb-v80/

If you follow the instructions there, the keychatter is gone. But from time to time new keys will get affected. So perhaps you have to treat some switches and by the time you have done the method to all switches ;)

I sell this board, because I don't longer the like the feel of these switches especially the dampening. I also need to make money since I have bought a IBM Model F XT ;)

Here are some pictures:

The keyboard will be shipped with its original box. Give me some reasonable price you are willing to pay. Shipping in the EU is preferred.
Last edited by ghostdawg187 on 12 Oct 2018, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.

ghostdawg187

05 Oct 2018, 10:50

^^ nobody likes Matias quiet click switches?

Just throw me some offer, I really need to make some money, to make some progress with future keyboard investments. :D

Hypersphere

05 Oct 2018, 12:43

I like Matias switches, but I don't need a TKL board. I have 3 KBP V60 boards with Matias switches (two with Clicks and one with "Quiet Click" switches). I have not any any problem with chattering on these boards. Matias switches provide excellent tactile feedback. Good luck with your sale!

Laser
emacs -nw

05 Oct 2018, 13:39

Heh, for me a (modern layout) Alps-compatible, TKL board is actually an interesting offer. And I'd probably like the Matias quiet switches. But I am worried about the chattering issues (on this keyboard, as reported in this thread, and in general with Matias keyboards, as reported in other threads).

Is the cause of the chattering on the Paradise keyboards known? I.e. could I just resolder the switches? Do I have to resolder *other* Alps switches instead? Or maybe it's a firmware issue and it can't be solved? (I have no idea, that's why I ask)

swampangel

05 Oct 2018, 14:05

Laser wrote: Is the cause of the chattering on the Paradise keyboards known? I.e. could I just resolder the switches? Do I have to resolder *other* Alps switches instead? Or maybe it's a firmware issue and it can't be solved? (I have no idea, that's why I ask)
It's a physical issue with the Matias switches. If you replaced them with other alps switches, you'd be fine. Or if you clean and reassemble them as they become troublesome, you'll also be fine -- it's not an overwhelming issue, I think I've fiddled with about 6 switches on my V80 MTS over the past two years. :)

ghostdawg187

05 Oct 2018, 14:46

swampangel wrote: Or if you clean and reassemble them as they become troublesome, you'll also be fine -- it's not an overwhelming issue, I think I've fiddled with about 6 switches on my V80 MTS over the past two years. :)
Cleaning does the job! But I am not that enthusiastic over Matias quiet click switches to perform the cleaning algorithm every time I recognize a new key starts to chatter. In total 4 keys have suffered from key chatter since I have bought it. The cleaning procedure is not that time consuming but I no longer the like the feel of Matias quiet click switches. I like the click switches from Matias but I dislike their wobble of keycaps. In advantage of the quiet click switches their wobble seems to be less compared to the clicky version.

Hypersphere

05 Oct 2018, 15:57

I recall seeing posts including seom from Mr. Matias himself indicating that there had been some QC issues with the switch manufacturer in China that affected some batches of switches.

I've been fortunate with Matias-switch KBP V60 keyboards (both Click and Tactile) -- no chattering at all.

Wobble doesn't bother me, but it does seem to contribute to the noise of Matias Click switches. I've lessened the noise a bit by packing the case with 1/8-inch silicone foam.

Although I enjoy both the Tactile (Quiet Click) and the Click switches, I have some preference for the Click switches. However, if I need quiet, the Matias Quiet switches live up to their name.

Some time ago, I posted audio recordings of keyboards with various types of switches, including Matias Click and Matias Quiet Click. If you are interested in listening, here is the link:

keyboards-f2/audio-and-waveforms-of-ass ... 11269.html

Keep in mind that I hammer keyboards rather hard, bottoming out every keypress. The boards would be even quieter with a lighter touch.

Since then, the only switch I've tried that is even quieter than Matias Quiet Click or silenced/lubed Topre is the Zeal PC "Zilent" switch. I have a Tokyo60 with Zilent 67g switches, and it is very quiet indeed.

Sauceori

05 Oct 2018, 18:01

I'd be interested in this board, too bad that I live in the US.

ghostdawg187

10 Oct 2018, 12:00

^^ 80 € for the board incl. shipping within EU

Return to “For sale”