Great/Interesting Finds

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Oct 2018, 19:48

was outbid at the last second on the deltagold =/

Congrats to whoever got it.

JP!

23 Oct 2018, 20:06

That definitely is a sweet looking board. Had that one key not been missing maybe it wouldn't have attracted as much attention.

Slom

23 Oct 2018, 22:01

Last edited by Slom on 23 Oct 2018, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Excelso

23 Oct 2018, 22:21

If he knew people would pay a liver for blue Alps... maybe then he coud remove one key to know if they are greens or blue. Or maybe he does know...

Slom

23 Oct 2018, 22:29

Excelso wrote:
If he knew people would pay a liver for blue Alps... maybe then he coud remove one key to know if they are greens or blue. Or maybe he does know...
I am pretty sure I could tell (linear) green from (clicky) blue alps without popping a key :roll:
It is a gamble this one, thats for sure

Could also be omron, cherry, futaba clicky or mitsumi miniature ... according to the wiki

hansichen

23 Oct 2018, 22:37

I'd highly expect a non alps board due to the description. The guy made his research that it could be alps so he would be able to tell which ones. Looks more like an advertisment so that someone buys his unwanted board.

Excelso

24 Oct 2018, 01:51

hansichen wrote: I'd highly expect a non alps board due to the description. The guy made his research that it could be alps so he would be able to tell which ones. Looks more like an advertisment so that someone buys his unwanted board.
That's my guess. Just trying to make people believe it may be any color Alps when it's almost sure he has checked them and knows they are not.

eBay essence after all.

Elrick

24 Oct 2018, 02:11

Excelso wrote: Just trying to make people believe it may be any color Alps when it's almost sure he has checked them and knows they are not.

eBay essence after all.
Flebay Depravity at it's best/worst ;) .

They alone always allow such blatant innuendo in every sale. After all, how could they encourage everyone to sell their junk for top dollar?

Gamuholic

24 Oct 2018, 03:03

Apex KB2100 with SMK Inverse Cross Mount:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163330030408

JP!

24 Oct 2018, 03:31

LEADING EDGE DC-3014 with Brown Alps
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEADING-EDGE-D ... :rk:1:pf:0

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Oct 2018, 03:33

I just put in an offer - it likely isn't SKCL brown though, for anyone else interested. It's very likely SKCM blue.

JP!

24 Oct 2018, 03:37

//gainsborough wrote: I just put in an offer - it likely isn't SKCL brown though, for anyone else interested. It's very likely SKCM blue.
It really sounds like the seller did their research though. Still a prize either way.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Oct 2018, 03:47

Yeah - though there have been 3014s found with white alps as well. I asked the seller to remove a cap - I'll report back with what he/she says

flowerlandfilms

24 Oct 2018, 07:11

RealityCavesIn

24 Oct 2018, 07:44

//gainsborough wrote: I just put in an offer - it likely isn't SKCL brown though, for anyone else interested. It's very likely SKCM blue.

In the description the the seller writes:
"a very rare clicky keyboard with the great sound and feel of the blue Alps switches."
But in the title it says SKCL browns.

Weird

Elrick

24 Oct 2018, 08:36

RealityCavesIn wrote: In the description the the seller writes:
"a very rare clicky keyboard with the great sound and feel of the blue Alps switches."

Weird
The Seller maybe Colour-blind because they're the same shade, hence his/her 'possible' confusion :D.

Wingklip

24 Oct 2018, 08:41

Elrick wrote:
RealityCavesIn wrote: In the description the the seller writes:

Weird
The Seller maybe Colour-blind because they're the same shade, hence his/her 'possible' confusion :D.
"Is the keyboard blue or brown?"

>cue facebook dress meme here

Wingklip

24 Oct 2018, 08:49

//gainsborough wrote: Yeah - though there have been 3014s found with white alps as well. I asked the seller to remove a cap - I'll report back with what he/she says
inb4 quickscopes the board with 300USD

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Oct 2018, 22:44

Wingklip wrote:
//gainsborough wrote: Yeah - though there have been 3014s found with white alps as well. I asked the seller to remove a cap - I'll report back with what he/she says
inb4 quickscopes the board with 300USD
Nah it already went to auction =/

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Oct 2018, 22:46

JP!

25 Oct 2018, 00:53

//gainsborough wrote:
El. Psy. Congroo.
The high price makes sure that not just anyone will acquire this prime specimen especially since it will be needed by a time traveler from the future. If someone happens to acquire this beauty you will be given a special code word. You must make sure it does not fall into the wrong hands as our future depends on the success of this mission. The true time traveler will approach you with this secret code years later.

JP!

25 Oct 2018, 06:34

You were right by the way, it is indeed blue Alps. I'm not sure why the seller went on a big spiel about those switches being brown Alps.

Muirium
µ

25 Oct 2018, 12:48

They just copypasted from the DT wiki as I recall. Lazily indifferent about the actual keyboard in their hands. Highly knowledgeable seller indeed!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

25 Oct 2018, 13:10

JP!

25 Oct 2018, 16:39

10% off everything on eBay.com (North America only)
https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1025/70725.html

Dingster

25 Oct 2018, 19:49

ramnes wrote: IBM Prototopre
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142987581647
A beauty. How much do these usually go for?

JP!

25 Oct 2018, 19:51

Dingster wrote:
Not sure. I know Orihalcon had one for sale a while back in a big for sale thread or maybe still has it.

Dingster

25 Oct 2018, 19:54

JP! wrote:
Dingster wrote:
Not sure. I know Orihalcon had one for sale a while back in a big for sale thread or maybe still has it.
Hmmm will be interesting to see how much this one goes for.

orihalcon

25 Oct 2018, 21:52

I did have a prototopre IBM a while back. It went to another member here, but I'm blanking on the name but I believe it went for my asking of $200 as they are relatively uncommon. They do have a nice build quality to them to say the least. I think one of my favorite features was how smooth and solid the leg/feet extension mechanism is compared to pretty much any other board I've experienced. Made me just want to put the feet up and down all day long!

Return to “Other external”