IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

bronz

29 Oct 2018, 15:14

Thanks guys!

There is
wiki/Oki_Tactile_Gourd_Spring
and
wiki/Oki_Gourd_Spring

I wonder what other keyboards and manufacturers used Oki Gourd Springs?
I found this:
keyboards-f2/oki-hmb-35957u-22-oki-tact ... 15051.html

Felima

31 Oct 2018, 17:27

I saw this keyobard on the internet. THe seller didn't post photo of the back so I don't know the model number. The font is really interesting so I wanted to ask what keyboard is this. Thank you
Attachments
f7.jpg
f7.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 6070 times
f6.jpg
f6.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 6070 times

stratokaster

31 Oct 2018, 17:54

BTC foam & foil

Findecanor

31 Oct 2018, 19:04

Did BTC make foam-and-foil keyboards with Windows keys?
That looks like a BTC 5140 but in a case variation I have not seen before. I have had three 5140's: pretty good rubber domes with sliders, as rubber domes go.

genesisx

01 Nov 2018, 19:14

found this on eBay, anyone happen to recognize it? The label fell off so couldn't ID the make of this...no photo of the back as well

kps

01 Nov 2018, 21:49

genesisx wrote: […]
found this on eBay, anyone happen to recognize it? The label fell off so couldn't ID the make of this...no photo of the back as well
ICL Model 36

diseeease

04 Nov 2018, 23:09

Hi there,

I just won a box of keyboards on ebay a few minutes ago because one of them looked interesting.

It's this one:

Looks like a Model F clone to me. Does anyone know what it is exactly? I don't think I've seen a Model F with those LEDs in the lock keys before.

Findecanor

04 Nov 2018, 23:30

My best guess would be a Key Tronic Model F clone with foam-and-foil switches. If the digit 3 has that shape, it is often a Key Tronic keyboard.
The keyboard does not match the picture in the wiki exactly, but digit 3 shape matches and position of LEDs match.

spamyak

05 Nov 2018, 04:04

Anyone have any idea what switches this thing uses?

https://www.elecshopper.com/input-devic ... d-nib.html

AJM

05 Nov 2018, 11:04

Findecanor wrote: .... but digit 3 shape matches and position of LEDs match.
Not exactly, because NumLock and ScrollLock are swapped on the keyboard of "diseeease".

I have pictures of the back and the box (from another ebay listing), if that's any help:
n1.jpg
n1.jpg (107.22 KiB) Viewed 5798 times
n2.jpg
n2.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 5798 times
Edit: Just after posting I noticed that the picture on the box actually looks more like the keyboard linked by Findecanor (apart from the shape of the "3").
The content of the box looks exactly like the one of "diseeease", though:
n3.jpg
n3.jpg (106.04 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
Last edited by AJM on 05 Nov 2018, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

diseeease

05 Nov 2018, 12:16

Hmmm, strange.

I did find a keyboard that looked similar with the LEDs and such, but it has different numericals. The Philips P2812.

But comparing that and the photos you just posted, AJM, the lower half of the case is very different.

The linked Key Tronic does look similar as well, but the case seems to be a bit different with the Logo in the upper left corner. Seems to be raised on t he Key Tronic and inset on the one in question.

The seller marked it as shipped today, so I should receive it in a few days and be certain what it is. I bought the whole lot for 2€, so even if it's crap, it's not a great loss, lol.

Noobmaen

05 Nov 2018, 12:23

AJM wrote:
Findecanor wrote: .... but digit 3 shape matches and position of LEDs match.
Not exactly, because NumLock and ScrollLock are swapped on the keyboard of "diseeease".

I have pictures of the back and the box (from another ebay listing), if that's any help:
n1.jpg
n2.jpg
Edit: Just after posting I noticed that picture on the box actually looks more like the keyboard linked by Findecanor (apart from the shape of the "3").
The content of the box looks exactly the the one of "diseeease", though:
n3.jpg
About a year ago I saw a listing for the same model of keyboard, it was branded as "staff", which later became monterey. Didn't buy it unfortunately since I expected it to be foam and foil back then. It's not keytronic for sure, I think it's either mx black/some weird mx mount switch or a non keytronic foam and foil.

Keybug

08 Nov 2018, 14:38

Any idea what might be inside this one? Sadly, back picture is too blurry to read anything but the FCC ID, which points to a company called "Digital Communications Associates Inc."...
Attachments
1541618554038.jpg
1541618554038.jpg (54.32 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
capture_001_08112018_143112.png
capture_001_08112018_143112.png (217.18 KiB) Viewed 5759 times

Keybug

09 Nov 2018, 10:11

Eventually found out it's this one. Made by Cherry's US division and sporting MX whites. Will try to grab it.

Myoth

09 Nov 2018, 10:48

Keybug wrote:Eventually found out it's this one. Made by Cherry's US division and sporting MX whites. Will try to grab it.
good luck ! the seller straight out told me he wasn't looking to sell the keyboard alone :/

Keybug

09 Nov 2018, 12:17

You're' still prowling the German hunting grounds then! Did you know exactly what it was before you became interested?

I guess that means no luck for either of us then. :-((

Also, did you buy the Acer A102 the other day?

Myoth

09 Nov 2018, 12:23

Keybug wrote:You're' still prowling the German hunting grounds then! Did you know exactly what it was before you became interested?

I guess that means no luck for either of us then. :-((

Also, did you buy the Acer A102 the other day?
I didn't exactly know, I was interested in it but I wasn't sure if it was cherry or not (it was a hard no at first).

yeah unfortunately these full setups usually weren't getting split :(

and nope, I didn't get the Acer kb102, I still wonder if it's Blue Alps actually, 1989 is quite late for these

Keybug

09 Nov 2018, 12:32

Myoth wrote: I still wonder if it's Blue Alps actually, 1989 is quite late for these
You're right, probably whites in that Acer.

davkol

10 Nov 2018, 14:00

There's someone asking on Reddit:
The keyboard is from a large and old textile factory. There are no markings on the outside whatsoever. The underside is beige textured metal, the top is glossy plastic. Layout is localized (Croatian).

Dingster

11 Nov 2018, 18:41

Anything worthwhile? Looks rubber domey/foam and foiley.

stratokaster

11 Nov 2018, 18:53

Rubber domes, rather meh

Dingster

11 Nov 2018, 18:55

stratokaster wrote: Rubber domes, rather meh
Alright, thanks :)

ProfTroutington

13 Nov 2018, 11:34

not entirely sure where to post this but I recently purchased this QX-201H, everything I had read suggested it could have mx blue and very rarely alps, however when I popped a cap I found this:

I initially thought maybe Aristotle but its top housing has a slot which Aristotles lack and its very obviously tactile rather than clicky, very strange feeling with the bump being more noticeable on the upstroke, I think it might be some variation of Taiwan white stem but I'm hesitant to open them up to look at the parts until I clean it up later this weekend, I'm thinking about desoldering the switches and keeping them for a custom board since qtronix build quality is incredibly underwhelming and the caps are in very poor condition but I wanted to at least have this documented somewhere in case anyone else finds a qx201 with these switches.

Morron

16 Nov 2018, 16:26

Anyone that knows what the keyboard sitting on top of the monitor might be? Sorry for it being such a bad picture, the camera quality looks to be from the same age as the computer :lol: Image

ball00n

16 Nov 2018, 16:28

Looks like a Dec vt100

Morron

16 Nov 2018, 16:38

Thanks! I'll have to do some research and see if it's worth a buy :)

snuci
Vintage computer guy

16 Nov 2018, 16:41

Morron wrote: Thanks! I'll have to do some research and see if it's worth a buy :)
It is definitely Digital Equipment (DEC). Please find out what the unit on the left is. I've seen them but it's driving me crazy trying to recall what it is.

elecplus

16 Nov 2018, 16:41

Morron wrote: Thanks! I'll have to do some research and see if it's worth a buy :)
VT100 keyboards are very notorious for losing caps. They literally fall off! I sold my last batch to a fellow for back stock. He is a vintage computer nut, not a keyboard nut.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

17 Nov 2018, 00:39

Not sure if anyone was watching this but I just bought it. I am certain it's a Key Tronic foam and foil but it is pretty special for a computer guy and I am itching to find out what's inside. I did not pay the asking price. Am I right about the foam and foil?
Spoiler:
wooden keyboard.jpg
wooden keyboard.jpg (156.42 KiB) Viewed 5362 times

elecplus

17 Nov 2018, 00:45

snuci wrote: Not sure if anyone was watching this but I just bought it. I am certain it's a Key Tronic foam and foil but it is pretty special for a computer guy and I am itching to find out what's inside. I did not pay the asking price. Am I right about the foam and foil?
Spoiler:
wooden keyboard.jpg
Maybe not! Did you see the TV typewriter cookbook, or the Popular Science article that tells how to make your own keyboard? This looks VERY similar.

Return to “Keyboards”