Wang 725

deeyay

15 Nov 2018, 18:06

I won this on my local auction site the other day and recently got it home to me. It was very dirty when it arrived and had been in a cellar for a very long time prior me getting it. The seller had aquired it from a decedent estate and put it up for action.

I must say that this is probably the most impressive keyboard I have ever had personally. The attention to detail in both the externals and internals is impressive. It's like its built with pure love and precision. However the switches had pretty much unnatural friction and pressing off-center was not very nice as the key got hard to actuate. I opened up some switched and looked and could see no dirt really. Interestingly only the enter key seems used and shows some wear. All other keys looks like new after a cleanup even the spacebar.

Anywho I opened every swith and did some lubing to the sliders and typed away a little. This got rid of the friction entirely. However I opened them up again after a little while and removed as much lube as I could and put it together again as I really don't want it lubed. It took away some of the sweet sound from it also. But it really was necessary to get the switches going again. Now it feels awesome to type on. When it was lube in there it almost felt and sounded like damped cream alps.

This is going to be my main keyboard for some time now! I really like the keycaps also.

First a typing video for sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQuXzZSHho

Newly arrived and dirty...

After some cleaning...

Last edited by deeyay on 16 Nov 2018, 18:16, edited 2 times in total.

Dingster

15 Nov 2018, 18:53

Man wangs are some of the better looking boards out there, awesome restoration :D

hansichen

15 Nov 2018, 18:59

Nice, I love the iso version of these boards :D The keycaps are super nice, especially with all the colours for the iso legends

Prelim

15 Nov 2018, 19:02

also got 2 of them yesterday, awsome boards and dyesub caps (double dyesub to be exact) ;)

Myoth

15 Nov 2018, 20:03

those are so cool ! those ISO Wangs are way cooler than their ANSI counter parts :D

Mikelittoris

16 Nov 2018, 08:25

Wow! Really nice, never knew these came in Swedish layout. Love how colourful it is :)

Prelim

16 Nov 2018, 10:59

the ones I have are ISO Portuguese ;)

deeyay

16 Nov 2018, 12:38

Yeah the board is totally awesome. My new favorite. Build quality is amazing and these switches are very nice and tactile. I type very accurately on this board for some reason it just suits my hands/fingers well and they dance across the board. This is a keeper for sure and will be used for a long time. And yeah the ISO version looks really good and colorful compared to the ANSI counterpart I have noticed. You don't come across boards like this very often here in Sweden with our ISO layout. In fact I've never seen one before. So I knew I had to get it.

deeyay

16 Nov 2018, 17:58

Added a short video on Youtube so people can hear how it sounds when typing on it =)

Return to “Gallery”