Customized Razer 10KL keyboard (Kailh Speed Bronze)

abrahamstechnology

18 Nov 2018, 04:41

I got the chassis of this board from Snacks. It originally had MX Blues but I removed those and refitted with Kailh Speed Bronze. I also put a 70g spring in the spacebar to make it a bit heavier than the rest of the keys

I also put on Tai-Hao doubleshot keycaps in the Pulse colorway. Worlds better than the original ugly font keycaps that were on here.

I replaced the green power LED with a cool white one. There aren't any more lock LEDs since they don't shine through the keycaps anyway.

The speed Bronzes sound much nicer than the MX Blues. No rattle and they also have a nice resonant pinging sound. It makes the chassis sound a lot larger than it really is.

The Speed Bronzes don't seem to have the actuation problem that some have mentioned. They all click exactly when actuated.

All in all, I think these improvements make this a much better board than the throwaway "gaming" board it once was.
file-39.jpeg
file-39.jpeg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 2467 times
file-38.jpeg
file-38.jpeg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 2467 times
file-37.jpeg
file-37.jpeg (957.95 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
file-36.jpeg
file-36.jpeg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 2467 times

mcmaxmcmc

18 Nov 2018, 09:25

Never knew Taihao offers 6u spacebars. Nice, nice, nice.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Nov 2018, 15:58

Very nice keyboard, looks really different with the new keycaps.

Excelso

18 Nov 2018, 16:49

I would remove also the razer logo... but it's pretty good change anyway.

abrahamstechnology

18 Nov 2018, 20:42

mcmaxmcmc wrote: Never knew Taihao offers 6u spacebars. Nice, nice, nice.
Yes, they are in no shortage of various sizes of MX keys. I only wish they did that for Alps too.

abrahamstechnology

18 Nov 2018, 20:43

Excelso wrote: I would remove also the razer logo... but it's pretty good change anyway.
You can dim or shut off the logo LED.

Findecanor

18 Nov 2018, 23:01

Could the Razer logo be replaced with something ... less tainted?
Is it just a plastic decal with black print or is it a plastic shape that would be more difficult to replicate?

abrahamstechnology

19 Nov 2018, 00:10

Findecanor wrote: Could the Razer logo be replaced with something ... less tainted?
Is it just a plastic decal with black print or is it a plastic shape that would be more difficult to replicate?
It's a window with an LED behind it. I suppose it could but I don't want to attempt that.

Return to “Gallery”