Cherry original doubleshots
49%

Total votes: 94

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Nov 2018, 10:47

Best Keycap or Keycaps Set

Sponsored by

Vote for a chance to win one of the four keycap set offered by Signature Plastics.

Final vote!
Please send your nominations for Best Keycap or Keycaps Set. What's the most colorful, original, nostalgic, keycap designed this year? This includes a full set, an update kit a single key or an artisan creation.

You can change your vote at any time up until 2018-12-03 19:00:00. Contrary to previous DTA editions, this is the final vote, there is no "vote for nominee" phase.

The nominees are

XDA Canvas

MiTo XDA Canvas, simple typography and the pastel mods

-----------------------

GMK Serika

because it's yellow...

-----------------------

SA Oblivion

Looks too good and the git mods are bliss

-----------------------

GMK Olivia

GMK Olivia a subtle keyset with rose gold accents

-----------------------

GMK Laser

because of... laser

-----------------------

Cherry original doubleshots

the most sincere and least pretentious keycaps ever.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Nov 2018, 16:10

I am pleased to see I am far from being alone in my fondness for Cherry original doubleshots :mrgreen:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

28 Nov 2018, 16:14

The Cherry original doubleshots are most popular which does not suprise me.

ZedTheMan

28 Nov 2018, 18:08

I am a sucker for the original Cherries, but I think that XDA Canvas is the most unique, aesthetic and feel-wise.

Myoth

28 Nov 2018, 18:11

3 Cherry sets but expensive ? 1 copy of Round5 ? XDA ?

yup, OG Cherry for the win !

Anakey

28 Nov 2018, 18:57

how is it that you are not allowed to nominate keysts that have yet to be manufactured yet everyone likes OG which in a forum that is dedicated to vintage stuff is not suprising but at the same time just seems to go against the rule of being made in 2018

Oblotzky

28 Nov 2018, 22:12

Myoth wrote: 3 Cherry sets but expensive ? 1 copy of Round5 ? XDA ?

Already PM'd matt3o about the "Copy of Round5" - SA Oblivion's true colorway is actually this, while the render shown above is using a mixture of optional kits that were available in the same GB ;)

Myoth

28 Nov 2018, 22:17

Oblotzky wrote:
Myoth wrote: 3 Cherry sets but expensive ? 1 copy of Round5 ? XDA ?

Already PM'd matt3o about the "Copy of Round5" - SA Oblivion's true colorway is actually this, while the render shown above is using a mixture of optional kits that were available in the same GB ;)

Fair enough, and I agree that the choice of picture wasn't really appropriate in this case :D

chuckdee

28 Nov 2018, 22:48

Anakey wrote: how is it that you are not allowed to nominate keysts that have yet to be manufactured yet everyone likes OG which in a forum that is dedicated to vintage stuff is not suprising but at the same time just seems to go against the rule of being made in 2018
I didn't get that nomination either. It was definitely not a keyset made in 2018...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Nov 2018, 23:30

Anakey wrote: how is it that you are not allowed to nominate keysts that have yet to be manufactured yet everyone likes OG which in a forum that is dedicated to vintage stuff is not suprising but at the same time just seems to go against the rule of being made in 2018
take it as: a keycap/keycap set you like to use in 2018.

Superdoedoe

29 Nov 2018, 06:57

matt3o wrote:
take it as: a keycap/keycap set you like to use in 2018.

Maybe you should of said that from the start and then chosen the good keysets not the weird stuff like serika and xda canvas?

If it states: "Please send your nominations for Best Keycap or Keycaps Set. What's the most colorful, original, nostalgic, keycap designed this year? This includes a full set, an update kit a single key or an artisan creation."

Then those options all make sense except the OG doubleshots. Why are they even an option :lol:
Last edited by Superdoedoe on 29 Nov 2018, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2018, 08:10

Nobody complained in the nomination phase. I liked the idea. People are voting it. I'd say God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Nov 2018, 11:14

I rather like the easy-going way DT awards are handled this year :lol:

Plus, as I said in my nomination of Cherry original doubleshots,
kbdfr wrote: […] They are your perfect and eternal companion, not a short-lived affair :mrgreen:
And like in any life partnership, you don’t just decide on it once and then somehow just stick to it,
but rather constantly endorse it and time after time condone it and anew subscribe to it,
condescendingly rejecting all those would-be new partners trying to attract your attention.
True love is always new :mrgreen:

Chyros

29 Nov 2018, 11:35

Gonna go with the OG's. Simply excellent caps that have stood the test of time very well!

chuckdee

29 Nov 2018, 15:56

kbdfr wrote: I rather like the easy-going way DT awards are handled this year :lol:

kbdfr wrote: […] They are your perfect and eternal companion, not a short-lived affair :mrgreen:
And like in any life partnership, you don’t just decide on it once and then somehow just stick to it,
but rather constantly endorse it and time after time condone it and anew subscribe to it,
condescendingly rejecting all those would-be new partners trying to attract your attention.
So doesn't that mean that for some, there'd be no reason to have this category at all year to year, because OG Cherry would win every year? :?: :idea: :evilgeek:

hansichen

29 Nov 2018, 16:09

chuckdee wrote:
kbdfr wrote: I rather like the easy-going way DT awards are handled this year :lol:

So doesn't that mean that for some, there'd be no reason to have this category at all year to year, because OG Cherry would win every year? :?: :idea: :evilgeek:
We can switch it up next year and nominate OG Cherry dyesub instead :D :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2018, 16:47

assuming there will be a next year, they can't win two times in a row. didn't we removed some nominations for that reason?

Khers

29 Nov 2018, 17:05

matt3o wrote: assuming there will be a next year, they can't win two times in a row. didn't we removed some nominations for that reason?
Dyesubs =/= doubleshots :D

pwade3

29 Nov 2018, 17:09

So does some rando at Cherry who happens to be into artisans just get to claim the wingnut? :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2018, 17:10

anything still could happen

lbassett_21

29 Nov 2018, 17:13

I am by no means surprised that OG doubleshots are in first place but if I could choose a second place, I would pick SA Oblivion.

samuelcable

29 Nov 2018, 17:16

It's somewhat surprising to even see gmk laser on here, I guess thats from the reddit people who only use dt for the awards

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2018, 17:19

don't play snob now

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Nov 2018, 18:11

Meanwhile:
2018 final vote best keycap.png
2018 final vote best keycap.png (88.46 KiB) Viewed 69264 times
I love you guys :lol:

depletedvespene

29 Nov 2018, 19:55

kbdfr wrote: I love you guys :lol:
Well, you DID put a persuasive argument for someone to discard his "No Award" nomination...

But next year, IBM Model F/M keycaps have to win. After all, which other keycaps are, by design, impervious to profile problems?

samuelcable

29 Nov 2018, 20:00

depletedvespene wrote:
kbdfr wrote: I love you guys :lol:
Well, you DID put a persuasive argument for someone to discard his "No Award" nomination...

But next year, IBM Model F/M keycaps have to win. After all, which other keycaps are, by design, impervious to profile problems?
While that is a good design, you are limited to 2 or 3 clicky switches whereas og cherry can be used on hundreds to thousands of boards of any mx mount you want. I wish more designs utilized a curved plate like that

Also to answer your question : r3 sa and dsa

davkol

29 Nov 2018, 21:00

samuelcable wrote: While that is a good design, you are limited to 2 or 3 clicky switches whereas og cherry can be used on hundreds to thousands of boards of any mx mount you want. I wish more designs utilized a curved plate like that
In other words, you have a large selection of differently linear switches with MX…

Okay, a few rubber domes as well.

chuckdee

29 Nov 2018, 21:49

samuelcable wrote: It's somewhat surprising to even see gmk laser on here, I guess thats from the reddit people who only use dt for the awards
No, actually. I quite like it, and I frequent here quite a bit. And I nominated it :)

Combined the Gaijin alphas with Miami Knight's mods.

Muirium
µ

30 Nov 2018, 13:01

Voted for the old farts’ option. (For all of us old farts, not just Mr. Choc.) I’m annoyed Cherry’s dyesubs aren’t in the mix (they really are nicer, I find) but there’s something pleasingly self righteous about nominating the working man’s caps over the elite. And I do honestly prefer their look to the other sets nominated here.

JBert

02 Dec 2018, 15:24

Voting for the Canvas option, because at least they're trying to do something interesting with regards to shape, color, and fonts.

Return to “Final Vote”