DIP Switches on the CH Trackball Pro or Kensington Expert Mouse 2.0?

zerker

02 Dec 2018, 14:13

Hello folks. I have two classic, full-sized trackballs for my Retro PC, but both of them have banks of DIP switches, and I cannot find a manual or documentation anywhere online to describe what is what. Photos follow:

The Kensington Expert Mouse 2.0 (serial):
ImageImage

And the CH Products Trackball Pro (PS/2):
ImageImage

Any help would be appreciated!

madrobby

02 Dec 2018, 17:31

For the CH Trackball Pro, I believe here's a scan of the relevant manual: https://imgur.com/a/dTW3Z#bqzSr

zerker

02 Dec 2018, 17:34

Thanks, though that looks to be for a newer edition with four extra DIP switches. However, it will still be very helpful, as the switches I have probably have similar features. It should just be a matter of testing to see which ones correspond to the listing in the scan.

madrobby

02 Dec 2018, 17:38

Yeah, just noticed that the IMGUR think says "Note: The Gen1 DT225 has DIFFERENT DIP Switch Settings" :/

zerker

02 Dec 2018, 18:01

Well, here are the results of my testing:
1: Swaps Left/Right Buttons
2: Unknown
3: Unknown
4: Unknown
5: Double Cursor Speed
6: Half Cursor Speed
7: Disable Left Click Lock Button
8: Disable Right Click Lock Button (though only if 7 is also set)

2-4 didn't do anything obvious. I tried setting all three with the click lock buttons disabled, but I still didn't get a unique middle mouse click to register. If anyone has any more information, it would be great. At least I found the double-speed switch though :)

stratokaster

19 Dec 2018, 22:52

Click-lock buttons look very useful, sounds like a perfect solution for drag-and-drop with a trackball.

rocco_16v

17 Apr 2024, 04:17

I'm uploading the full User's Manual for the CH DT225 trackball with 8 pin dip switch setup on the bottom. Hope this helps someone in the future.
CH Products DT225 Manual V1.0.pdf
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “Mice & other input devices”