I got kicked out from the unofficial DT's group on Telegram.

chuckdee

05 Dec 2018, 22:25

Mr.Nobody wrote: @chucklee
I never call names first, if I were an asshole, obviously many people here including you would be bigger assholes, if I call names first, I'm sure I won't be treated as tolerantly; If that's not prejudice then what it is? At least it's double-standard.
Apologies. You are indeed correct. I misspoke.
People aren't prejudiced against you because of your race. They're prejudiced against you because you're acting like an asshole.
Interesting that you totally ignored that other part, however. I'm wondering if we'll ever see an apology from you for that...? I'll quote that bit for your benefit:
I think you should look up racist. You use that word, but it doesn't mean what you seem to imply it means.
With all of the actual problems around race, race-baiting like that is terrible behavior.

Slom

05 Dec 2018, 22:54

Mr.Nobody wrote: I never call names first ...
Mr.Nobody wrote: I give up and suggest an IQ test.
case closed ...

green-squid

06 Dec 2018, 14:08

Mr.Nobody wrote:
[... Incomprehensible grumblings ...]

@ Squid, here is all I want to say to you.
How ironic :D

Mr.Nobody

11 Dec 2018, 05:39

@chuckdee
Apologies are taken, now let's talk about the racist part, please check this out, off-topic-f10/chinese-glorious-history- ... 15255.html
the thread was posted before I joined DT, maybe that's what some members mean by "DT used to be a better place before Mr.Nobody showed up", tell me does it fit for your conception of "racist", if it doesn't then what does? Any criteria?

The problems is some people are so used to belittling ridiculing and slandering China and everything it represents, they take it for granted, when I showed up and returned the "favor", when I said something negative about their countries, about their own dark history, about the absurdity in their own culture or political systems, they could not deal with it and started to get personal, if only they were able to drop double-strandards for 5 minutes they would see that what I've been doing to them is no more than what they've been doing to China/Chinese. I said those anti-Western stuff just to give them a taste of how does it feel when your background is tarnished, distorted, taken out of context and misunderstood. Maybe for those close-minded people, a different version of the story from a different perspective is enough to cause identity crises/existential crises or even hatred. But that's their own issue, not my fault. I don't know what should I apologize for.

@KBDFR
You want me to believe you are doing this
Spoiler:
But I know you are in a state like this:
Spoiler:
@squid
You're behaving like this:
Spoiler:
Whatever Mr.Nobody said is wrong and bullshit, and whatever I said is right and true.
There are many others on Telegram are doing this:
Spoiler:
How mature...
Now you guys can post photos of cats, ducks or whatever. Some of them are pretty good in fact.

Slom

11 Dec 2018, 06:32

That is why your making the horses shy? Because somebody is making fun of some crazy translations? That is what you want to hang on the big bell?

Why did you waste so many words for it then? You could have kept it short an pregnant if you just said this from the beginning.

Get yourself some humor, even used German one should do ...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Dec 2018, 09:01

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] @KBDFR
You want me to believe you are doing this
Spoiler:
But I know you are in a state like this:
Spoiler:
[…]
I didn't know you can be funny :D

I would suggest you simply abandon your line of condemning other countries (or let's name it "cultures" or "ways of life"),
I'm quite certain we will all get along then.

EDIT:
added this pic after matt3o's next post :mrgreen:

Last edited by kbdfr on 11 Dec 2018, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Dec 2018, 09:06

All messages to this thread must now end with a cat or it will be closed.

chuckdee

11 Dec 2018, 14:36

Mr.Nobody wrote: @chuckdee
Apologies are taken, now let's talk about the racist part, please check this out, off-topic-f10/chinese-glorious-history- ... 15255.html
the thread was posted before I joined DT, maybe that's what some members mean by "DT used to be a better place before Mr.Nobody showed up", tell me does it fit for your conception of "racist", if it doesn't then what does? Any criteria?
The answer to your question is quite simple. But before I answer, let me ask you a question? Are you willing to take sincere criticism if it shows that your actions are negative and wrongheaded, apologize for your actions, and take steps to rectify the situation? Or are you already convinced of your rightness and just arguing to argue, and prepared, no matter how clear the evidence is, to continue to justify your actions?

That latter tendency that you've had, even when confronted with clear evidence to the contrary of your opinions and statements, as made you seem a troll, and your actions to be construed to be those assholish actions that I called you out on above. And if your past actions are any indications of your future response to anything that I might say, then there's no need to engage.

Signature

11 Dec 2018, 14:44

Compgeke

11 Dec 2018, 15:21

ZedTheMan

11 Dec 2018, 18:38

I miss this cat. She was the best darn kitty I've ever had, and we had to put her down a bit over a month ago. Here she enjoyed the light of the sun one last time.
Attachments
1026181643_HDR.jpg
1026181643_HDR.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 14219 times

green-squid

12 Dec 2018, 14:33

I have cracked the secret to Mr. Nobody's walls of texts.
Mr.Nobody wrote: @chuckdee

The problems is some people are so used to belittling ridiculing and slandering China and everything it represents, they take it for granted, when I showed up and returned the "favor", when I said something negative about their countries, about their own dark history, about the absurdity in their own culture or political systems, they could not deal with it and started to get personal, if only they were able to drop double-strandards for 5 minutes they would see that what I've been doing to them is no more than what they've been doing to China/Chinese. I said those anti-Western stuff just to give them a taste of how does it feel when your background is tarnished, distorted, taken out of context and misunderstood. Maybe for those close-minded people, a different version of the story from a different perspective is enough to cause identity crises/existential crises or even hatred. But that's their own issue, not my fault. I don't know what should I apologize for.

BTW this is really getting kinda boring and just annoying, can we collectively stop responding? Pleaase. :x (even you, green squid!)

Khers

12 Dec 2018, 14:41

I like cats.
E:

:lol: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Khers on 12 Dec 2018, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Dec 2018, 14:59

the cat rule has been violated by chuckdee and Khers. I am now forced to close this thread.

AdrianMan

12 Dec 2018, 16:02

I enjoyed reading this thread.

scottc

12 Dec 2018, 16:28

man cat
man cat
Screenshot_2018-12-12 cat(1) concatenate files print on stdout - Linux man page.png (173.97 KiB) Viewed 14132 times

JP!

12 Dec 2018, 16:39

matt3o wrote: the cat rule has been violated by chuckdee and Khers. I am now forced to close this thread.
combobreakercat.JPG
combobreakercat.JPG (66.61 KiB) Viewed 14120 times

chuckdee

12 Dec 2018, 16:56

matt3o wrote: the cat rule has been violated by chuckdee and Khers. I am now forced to close this thread.

FXT
XT

14 Dec 2018, 18:08

[youtube]https://youtu.be/gcvTeRmFsXE[/youtube]

I'm curious to see how long China thinks it can censor the internet...

JP!

14 Dec 2018, 18:13

This talk of open Internet? Boss Khajiit will teach you a lesson.
4w3OdfN.png
4w3OdfN.png (685.54 KiB) Viewed 14043 times
Spoiler:
Unless you have coin.

chuckdee

14 Dec 2018, 23:15

JP! wrote: This talk of open Internet? Boss Khajiit will teach you a lesson.

Spotted, a fake Khajit has been!

JP!

14 Dec 2018, 23:41

chuckdee wrote:
JP! wrote: This talk of open Internet? Boss Khajiit will teach you a lesson.
Spotted, a fake Khajit has been!]
Lies! Boss Khajit is unfazed by the false diatribes of the lesser Khajit.
no.jpg
no.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 14011 times

chuckdee

15 Dec 2018, 02:31

Boss Khajit is not the boss of this one.

JP!

18 Dec 2018, 06:30

chuckdee wrote: Boss Khajit is not the boss of this one.
I won't dispute that but...
jobisdone.jpg
jobisdone.jpg (81.51 KiB) Viewed 13954 times

Mr.Nobody

20 Dec 2018, 12:07

@slom, don't over-simplify what I've been doing and why I keep doing it.

@chuckdee
First I appreciate your attitude for having a real conversation. And it seems now you don't want to talk about the "racist issue" anymore and prefer to talk about the "trolling issue," okay, I'd like to talk about it as well in fact.

Please check this out first:
off-topic-f10/chinese-users-of-deskthor ... ml#p408632

Please tell me honestly, do you think these two guys "serpentza" and "laowhy86" are trolls or not? To me, they obviously are, however, I don't see anybody here accusing them of trolling, on the contrary, people here keep quoting these two guys as if whatever they said about China was true. It seems it's ok as long as the trolling is against China and it caters to you guys' taste and need, but it's not okay, if it is for China and against your taste and need. Double standard again.

I'm willing to apologize provided relevant people here apologize for their improper statements/behavior first, fair enough?

@squid
If you look closely enough you can find another encrypted secret telling who your mum is:
here is a hint.

EDIT:
@KBDFR
kbdfr wrote: ...
I would suggest you simply abandon your line of condemning other countries (or let's name it "cultures" or "ways of life"),
I'm quite certain we will all get along then.

Your suggestion is taken, I believe I've done enough to make some people know what their problems are. Almost every typical misunderstanding/slandering against China has been addressed directly over the past two years. I am also confident we will get along...I won't hold anything against anyone here, I hope they can do the same to me.

andrewjoy

20 Dec 2018, 12:47

Taking as a Moderator:

Please try to be a bit more civil to each other. Questioning the sexual orientation or occupation of someone's mother is pretty un-cool and honestly just bad trolling.

I and I assume many other members here are defenders of free speech so i am not going to moderate the posts.

But please lets leave people that are not involved out of it.

No official warnings for now, play nice kids.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Dec 2018, 12:51

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] Please tell me honestly, do you think these two guys "serpentza" and "laowhy86" are trolls or not? […]
serpentza Members_•_deskthority_-_2018-12-20_12.29.39.jpg
serpentza Members_•_deskthority_-_2018-12-20_12.29.39.jpg (80.71 KiB) Viewed 13893 times
laowhy86 Members_•_deskthority_-_2018-12-20_12.30.27.jpg
laowhy86 Members_•_deskthority_-_2018-12-20_12.30.27.jpg (80.4 KiB) Viewed 13893 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Dec 2018, 14:00

this forum is about keyboards. bring this propaganda somewhere else. this is not the place. it is not welcomed. hope it's clear enough.

=^_^=

chuckdee

20 Dec 2018, 23:45

Mr.Nobody wrote: First I appreciate your attitude for having a real conversation. And it seems now you don't want to talk about the "racist issue" anymore and prefer to talk about the "trolling issue," okay, I'd like to talk about it as well in fact.
Eh... I was willing to talk about it when you first posted. It's been quite a while, and quite a few fun posts between, and in all honesty, I haven't even thought about it. If you can't see your logical fallacy in what you're calling 'racism' you'll never see it. So why should I waste my time with that?

green-squid

21 Dec 2018, 08:38

Hey guys newsflash, how about we stop responding in this thread? It's a waste of time!
I like how the mods are doing nothing about it too.
@chuckdee @kbdfr

Not posting cat pic so this thread can get locked. We were ONLY supposed to post cat pics (I started it!).

Return to “Off-topic”