Omron F300-K Keyboard (Fujitsu Leaf Spring 3rd Gen.)

mcmaxmcmc

14 Dec 2018, 04:23

So, my Makerspace teacher found this keyboard in his room, and he decided to give it to me, since he knew I was enthusiastic about keyboards. Certainly a very strange, but a decently good circumstance. My enthusiasm finally paid off! :lol: I also got ~100 NOS Cherry M7s off of him (if you need any, just DM me, we can make a deal.) and borrowed a Hakko soldering iron from him when my soldering iron broke; he's a very nice dude.

Anyways, here's the board! (Imgur Link.)

Omron F300-K

Here's the back:

Back Label:

Leaf Spring Switches:

Dye-sub keycaps:

Pretty thin though... well, comparing to other caps the switch can come with. (I think it's thin anyway.)

Ones with LED holes are doubleshot PBT, very nice.

And here's the connector...
Gotta convert this thing somehow. If any of you know how to convert this, please tell me!

Anyway, here's the guts.

Chyros

14 Dec 2018, 07:23

Very nice, that looks almost NOS! I think I've only seen F300-K before, too. Most Fujitsu boards are very difficult to convert, unfortunately. Does it feel nice?

mcmaxmcmc

14 Dec 2018, 07:49

This board has a tiny speck of dust on it, otherwise it's in perfect condition! It certainly feels very smooth (the smoothest switch I've tried, even) but for me it gets a bit too heavy for me going into the travel, so it feels really weird. Not really my thing, but it does feel nice.
The sound is also weird and muffled, like there's a dampener -- though with the design of the switch, the leaf spring also acts as a cushion, so the muffling is expected. I don't really like the sound of the board, to be honest. There's no clack because of the cushion effect, so the sound only comes from the keycaps, and this being thin PBT, isn't the best. Not the best sounding board out there, that's for sure. The ones with LED holes do have a clack and there's no cushiony feel, and with the doubleshot thick caps, those sound heaps better.

clickityClackity

16 Dec 2018, 04:46

Yo, I have one of these beauty's too, and it's just as clean! It's probably my favorite board, absolutely love it! The only giant downside is I've never actually used it.

I've done a bit of digging trying to figure out how to convert it, and so far I've come up with.... Well, nearly fuckall. I prob have some info saved on my old desktop, so if you start looking feel free to PM me. Might save you a little time.

Awesome find!

Return to “Gallery”