[WTS] Pen Keyboard // Space Invaders board // 96x SKCL green // 89x SKCM blue

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

14 Dec 2018, 19:05

Hello once again, DT marketplace! Below is an updated list of things I have for sale. Shipping is not included in the price so if you're interested in something shoot me a PM and I'll get a shipping quote for you. All prices are open for negotiation as well. Thanks for looking!

FOR SALE

1. Pen Keyboard - $65 $60
This board is, basically, NOS. The only thing that makes it not NOS is that I replaced the keycaps with some other doubleshot alps caps. The original keycaps are on my Omnikey 101 now! The switches are, therefore, NOS bamboo white alps and are super smooth! I haven't tried to test this keyboard, but being that it's so new I can't imagine it wouldn't work. I'm not really sure why the 5-pin DIN plug has another connector attached to it, though. Maybe that's for the pen functionality?

2. SKCM blue (x89) - $170
Pretty good shape overall!

3. Grey AT Space Invaders Board - $75
Really clean condition! Grey space invaders are linear, like white, but I have no idea what weighting they are. The texture on the top of the caps is in great shape.

4. Loose SKCL green alps - $75
Pretty decent condition. I decided to dry lube the switches and they came out pretty well. Might do better with a more thorough cleaning, but overall they are definitely usable as is!

SOLD
Spoiler:
1. Everex RT-101 (black space invaders)

2. 58x SKCM brown switches + 18 compact SKCL green switches

3. Samsung (chicony) 5161AT

4. Chicony 5152 (SKCL green)

5. VideoWriter 250 keyboard - SKCM brown alps

6. Computerland AT keyboard - SKCM blue alps

7. Topre Realforce 101 (WKL)

8. ANSI modded F122 with Xwhatsit installed

9. skcm white alps (pine) x100

10. Gold Label Omnikey 102

11. Topre RF 89u w/ 10th anni. case

12. Realforce "84u" (WKL 86u)

Thanks for looking! PM me if you have any questions!
Last edited by //gainsborough on 06 Jun 2019, 18:27, edited 32 times in total.

xxhellfirexx

14 Dec 2018, 19:17

The first and second links go to the same album.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

14 Dec 2018, 19:22

xxhellfirexx wrote: The first and second links go to the same album.
Fixed! Thanks =)

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

17 Dec 2018, 02:01

bump! Very slightly adjusted prices and added SKCM brown switches.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Dec 2018, 00:29

Bump! Slightly decreased prices again!

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2018, 01:05

Too honest! You’re supposed to get all hyped up, yelling you’re crazy, prices just hit the floor, get a piece before you’re gurneyed away, everything must go, etc. At least that’s how the marketing pros conduct their lives. Bless their noxious socks.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Dec 2018, 04:00

Muirium wrote: Too honest! You’re supposed to get all hyped up, yelling you’re crazy, prices just hit the floor, get a piece before you’re gurneyed away, everything must go, etc. At least that’s how the marketing pros conduct their lives. Bless their noxious socks.
My God.... You're absolutely right!

GOTTA ACT SOON!!! WITH PRICES LIKE THESE I EXPECT THEM TO DISAPPEAR SOON! Or you know, maybe they just kinda sit here until I lower the price enough to hit someone's interest point BUT THEN WHEN I DO THEY WILL BE GONE! DON'T LET SOMEONE ELSE PICK THEM UP BEFORE YOU DO!

:lol:

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

02 Jan 2019, 08:21

bump with another slight price drop. This chicony board needs a good home! If you're interested I'm open to offers as well!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

21 Jan 2019, 17:38

Bump! Added three new boards.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

25 Jan 2019, 03:03

bump!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

29 Jan 2019, 08:13

bump - only the RF 101 is left. Also, as a side note, I'm looking for a working zkb-2 PCB.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

31 Jan 2019, 22:00

bump with slight price adjustment.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

06 Feb 2019, 17:06

bump on realforce - offers welcome!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

06 Feb 2019, 22:25

The Realforce looks nice but I have too many keyboards already. I can't bring myself to make you a lowball offer for it. :shock: So I hope it sells, and sells soon.

When I sat in front of a Linux desktop all day winkeyless boards were my favorite. But now that I'm on a Mac for the most part I use all of the modifiers fairly regularly, and end up remapping some keys to make sure I can get all of: Control, Caps Lock (in the lower left corner of the keyboard where it belongs), Option/Alt, Command/Super/Logo, Compose. I'm just two mods away (Top, Greek) from a Space Cadet - and those don't come up often. :roll:

Muirium
µ

06 Feb 2019, 22:41

What are you using Compose for on the Mac?

I find I get by fine with Control (left of A), Option and Command. Which means just fine Winkeyless. Caps Lock does well tucked away, to be forgotten. I’ve never needed more mods than Apple’s own keyboards!

paddle0

07 Feb 2019, 09:20

You can hack Compose key functionality into macOS without any special extensions: http://www.webaugur.com/computers/58-ma ... board.html

I find it useful for quickly entering some special characters that I can't remember the option combo for, or that don't have one.

On my trusty 101-key Model M daily driver, I remapped Right Control to Compose with a Soarer's converter, and ordered a custom legend multi-wide keycap for it from Unicomp. Like you I also remapped Caps Lock to Control, but I kept Caps Lock around for occasional use by remapping Right Alt.

Muirium
µ

07 Feb 2019, 10:10

Ah, Cocoa KeyBindings. I remember those. I used to try some of Brett Terpstra’s black magic, but never understood it well enough to stick:

http://brettterpstra.com/2015/02/05/key ... lipboards/

These days I use iOS so much I’d rather not bother with a Mac specific function that’s definitely never going to make it over. I don’t want to consider these things host by host, but rather as universal features of the keyboard!

The Option+ dead keys approach works well on iOS and Mac alike. As does holding a for ã and so on. I already made autocompleting shortcuts for ™ and the like!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

08 Feb 2019, 03:46

Compose key for Mac - type symbols like ł and é and Đ and ‽ and ♥ easily! Use https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/ to remap Right Option (or whatever key) to F13. Then download DefaultKeyBinding.dict from http://lolengine.net/blog/2012/06/17/co ... ey-on-os-x, change "^$\UF710" to "\UF710" and place it in ~/Library/KeyBindings/.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

02 Mar 2019, 09:06

Bump with new stuff!

Tias

02 Mar 2019, 10:54

That F122 is such a beauty :shock: A lot of work has probably gone into that board :)
I wish I had the some extra funds atm :cry: Also shipping that thing to the EU would certainly not be cheap either ;) Anyway, GLWS :D

Edit: I also wish I had a bigger desk to fit that huge board :lol:

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

08 Mar 2019, 09:21

Tias wrote:
That F122 is such a beauty :shock: A lot of work has probably gone into that board :)
I wish I had the some extra funds atm :cry: Also shipping that thing to the EU would certainly not be cheap either ;) Anyway, GLWS :D

Hahaha - it is sad to see it go but it did serve me well. It's now been sold and has a good home! The 5140 keyboard is still available though!

Tias

08 Mar 2019, 18:08

//gainsborough wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 09:21
Tias wrote:

Hahaha - it is sad to see it go but it did serve me well. It's now been sold and has a good home! The 5140 keyboard is still available though!
That 5140 seems like a neat little Alps board, and in great condition as well. It would be awesome to be able to make a converter as well as perhaps a case for it so that it could be put to use :)

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

08 Mar 2019, 20:05

Tias wrote:
That 5140 seems like a neat little Alps board, and in great condition as well. It would be awesome to be able to make a converter as well as perhaps a case for it so that it could be put to use :)
Copter actually did that! He posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9666&start=

It definitely is a neat little project!

Tias

09 Mar 2019, 21:15

//gainsborough wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 20:05
Tias wrote:
Copter actually did that! He posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9666&start=

It definitely is a neat little project!
Looks like an really awesome project! To bad that I have zero skills and experience with conversion and programming. Stuff like bolt modding and "structural" modifications to boards is probably something I could manage, but I would most certainly ruin this board if I where to attempt to try and convert it x)
Hopefully someone will find a new home for it and put it to use, GLWS :)

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

25 Mar 2019, 01:01

Added some PBT alphanumeric alps caps and some SKCM white alps!

ZedTheMan

25 Mar 2019, 01:16

Ah, those keycaps tempt me!

Alas, I think I have other business with you that takes more precedence for my wallet.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

25 Mar 2019, 01:21

Haha! Yeah I still need to figure out the best way to ship that thing. Stay tuned! I will try to make finding it/packaging it as much a priority as I can next week!

Hypersphere

26 Mar 2019, 00:24

XMIT wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 22:25
<snip>

When I sat in front of a Linux desktop all day winkeyless boards were my favorite. But now that I'm on a Mac for the most part I use all of the modifiers fairly regularly, and end up remapping some keys to make sure I can get all of: Control, Caps Lock (in the lower left corner of the keyboard where it belongs), Option/Alt, Command/Super/Logo, Compose. I'm just two mods away (Top, Greek) from a Space Cadet - and those don't come up often. :roll:
Sorry, XMIT, but you are incorrect. CapsLock = Fn+Tab (where it belongs). :geek:

Where do you put Ctrl? (To the left of "A", I hope!). :|

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Mar 2019, 02:29

Hello old friend! :ugeek:

I'm a man of extremes, so, it's either no modifiers, or all of them. Super+Hyper+Top+Front+Greek+Apple+Open Apple+Option+Control+Tab is the only correct option for CapsLock. :evilgeek:

Joking aside, I think it should be called "Capitals", not "Caps Lock". The next key set I design will incorporate this.

Control (not "Ctrl" - I prefer not to abbreviate it), yes, is to the left of 'A', where it belongs.

Hypersphere

27 Mar 2019, 13:49

"Capitals" rather than "Uppercase"? (or "Upper case") (or "Upper Case") or .... ?

Return to “For sale”