[CLAIMED]

abrahamstechnology

30 Dec 2018, 04:36

Recently I ordered around 1,000 pieces of Hua-Jie clicky AK-CN2 Alps clone switches. Marketplace thread: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=20484

I am willing to give away a full set (100, give or take a few depending on your board) for FREE! (USA only please), if you promise to:

1. Solder them into a board and use them
2. Post a review on them

I realize that I am not very experienced on Alps switches anyway and hopefully this will allow the community to hear a second opinion on them.
Last edited by abrahamstechnology on 31 Dec 2018, 03:15, edited 3 times in total.

abrahamstechnology

30 Dec 2018, 18:18

Come on, no one? I'm giving away a bag of switches for $5...

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2018, 18:25

…and a promise to tear down an Alps board to solder them in. Not impossible, but not a trivial ask, either. Especially when limited to one country.

abrahamstechnology

30 Dec 2018, 18:27

Muirium wrote: …and a promise to tear down an Alps board to solder them in. Not impossible, but not a trivial ask, either. Especially when limited to one country.
Sorry, I have a limited budget for shipping.

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2018, 18:30

You’re asking for the price of shipping to be paid by the buyer, mind. It’s up to them how much they can afford.

As it happens, I’m in the US right now but I haven’t the project for these switches anyway. Cast a wider net and you’ll catch more luck.

abrahamstechnology

30 Dec 2018, 23:31

Update: I'm now giving the set away for free, NO shipping costs!

Laser
emacs -nw

30 Dec 2018, 23:34

Hey, you're doing the right thing - just have a bit of patience (i.e. some days, a week) - it seems to be one of *those* periods of the year when people do something else :)

St0ckz

31 Dec 2018, 02:23

Out of curiousity, how much would shipping to the UK be? These seem pretty interesting, having a more muted click (from what I could hear from your sound test at least)

abrahamstechnology

31 Dec 2018, 03:15

St0ckz wrote: Out of curiousity, how much would shipping to the UK be? These seem pretty interesting, having a more muted click (from what I could hear from your sound test at least)
At that point I'd say it would make more sense to buy from Hua-Jie directly.

ZedTheMan

31 Dec 2018, 10:39

Alright, I'll bite.
(Assuming you still have them)
Edit: can't say it would be my biggest project anymore since I thought of something else in any case.

abrahamstechnology

31 Dec 2018, 18:00

ZedTheMan wrote: Alright, I'll bite.
(Assuming you still have them)
Edit: can't say it would be my biggest project anymore since I thought of something else in any case.
Sorry, they've been claimed already.

ZedTheMan

31 Dec 2018, 20:27

It's all good! I look forward to seeing the review from whomever claimed them!

Return to “Try before you buy”