DT Update Log and TODO

scottc

10 Jan 2019, 17:55

I noticed that WTB/etc threads no longer have the [WTB] prefix automatically added.

Muirium
µ

11 Jan 2019, 05:48

Any idea where to find this thread?

photos-f62/a-honeywell-who-dunnit-1983-t6296.html

Slom

11 Jan 2019, 06:14

Muirium
µ

11 Jan 2019, 06:22

Ta, Slom! I’ve noticed a lot of broken urls to images hosted here too. Hopefully something easily fixed when the time comes.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jan 2019, 08:27

All old links should be working now. Please report if you encounter any left over

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Jan 2019, 09:07

Bizarre sorting issue in the User Control Panel, "Overview" tab, "Manage attachments" item, when sorting by "Filename":
the list starts with entries beginning with special characters and then numbers, but then you first have all entries beginning with an uppercase letter followed by all entries beginning with a lowercase letter.
Spoiler:
DT 0003.png
DT 0003.png (46.17 KiB) Viewed 8896 times
I don't expect it can be fixed at all, but I cannot but wonder :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jan 2019, 09:10

let me put that in 1265th position in my to-do :D

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Jan 2019, 14:30

I'd like to recall the discussion in my old thread "Please add your country of residence to your profile"
and ask for (re-)inclusion of a mandatory "Location" field in the Registration page.

Sometime :D

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jan 2019, 17:39

Few updates today:

- fixed bug that prevented redirection from old to new URLs
- the spy doesn't show international threads anymore (sorry guys)
- added some header images
- added a new page with the list of active headers headers.php

AMongoose

11 Jan 2019, 17:47

matt3o wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 17:39
- the spy doesn't show international threads anymore (sorry guys)
Can I ask why?
this is pretty bad because they don't get much traffic (at least the portuguese one) and the spy really helped.
I'll probably miss almost all posts there now.

Rimrul

11 Jan 2019, 18:05

kbdfr wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 09:07
Bizarre sorting issue in the User Control Panel, "Overview" tab, "Manage attachments" item, when sorting by "Filename":
the list starts with entries beginning with special characters and then numbers, but then you first have all entries beginning with an uppercase letter followed by all entries beginning with a lowercase letter.
Spoiler:
DT 0003.png
I don't expect it can be fixed at all, but I cannot but wonder :lol:
This can probably be solved by changing this line

Code: Select all

$sort_key_sql = array('a' => 'a.real_filename', 'b' => 'a.attach_comment', 'c' => 'a.extension', 'd' => 'a.filesize', 'e' => 'a.download_count', 'f' => 'a.filetime', 'g' => 't.topic_title');
in includes/ucp/ucp_attachments.php to

Code: Select all

$sort_key_sql = array('a' => 'LOWER(a.real_filename)', 'b' => 'a.attach_comment', 'c' => 'a.extension', 'd' => 'a.filesize', 'e' => 'a.download_count', 'f' => 'a.filetime', 'g' => 't.topic_title');
if I read the phpbb code correctly.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jan 2019, 18:15

thanks for looking into that but I won't be applying changes to phpbb core (unless they are severe security holes). Any change has to be done hooking the official events or by changing the template files.

Rimrul

11 Jan 2019, 18:40

Fair enough. I don't think there are UCP attachment events. It could probably be done client side with a template, but that feels like a crutch.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jan 2019, 18:46

Donation page is back online donations.php

Remember to send a small token of your appreciation. Please note that everything still goes into webwit's pockets... I mean to pay for the server and various expenses (DTA awards etc)... All I get is karma credit I guess.
Rimrul wrote:
Fair enough. I don't think there are UCP attachment events. It could probably be done client side with a template, but that feels like a crutch.
if are willing to help there's a lot of server work to do :P

Rimrul

11 Jan 2019, 20:06

I can try to fit some time in. My PHP, CSS and JS are rusty, but I can work on that. What needs to be done? Is the list in the first post up-to-date and complete?
Install visual wiki editor
Install git wiki plugin
Install gallery wiki plugin
I wont find a lot of time in the next four weeks, but I'll probably get in a couple hours.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jan 2019, 20:25

Rimrul wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 20:06
I can try to fit some time in. My PHP, CSS and JS are rusty, but I can work on that. What needs to be done? Is the list in the first post up-to-date and complete?
I wont find a lot of time in the next four weeks, but I'll probably get in a couple hours.
I'll fix the list in homepage and then you'll tell me

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Jan 2019, 09:04

matt3o wrote:

Remember to send a small token of your appreciation. Please note that everything still goes into webwit's pockets... I mean to pay for the server and various expenses (DTA awards etc)... […]
The page looks rather… unmotivating :mrgreen:
How about adding a link to the donations list,
or even better including the original explanations and the (updated!) list of donations itself?
Spoiler:
All I get is karma credit I guess.
Here's a hug for you: Image

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Jan 2019, 11:43

I'm now working on the forum structure.
Merging some categories, possibly creating new ones, archiving and whatnot.

mind_prepared

12 Jan 2019, 12:43

Hey matt3o, I appreciate your and everybody else's efforts to maintain and develop DT but I'm totally dissatisfied with the new layout, this place starts looking more and more like Geekhack - and I hate Geekhack, it's excruciating, I can't find anything on there by looking at the thread list. I think it was a really bad design choice to remove thread thumbnails, I used to be able to find a thread I had already visited in a couple of seconds now and it takes me forever.

Also, I would like to merge the two threads I created for the Model M BT-USB-hybrid replacement controller I made, but I can't delete a thread I created so who do I talk to? I'm sorry this probably the wrong thread to ask that question but I don't know where else to turn to.

Cheers

Muirium
µ

12 Jan 2019, 15:20

Hooey!

DT’s classic look is what landed me here in the first place—and GH’s never ending eye crimes repelled me just as strong. DT’s overhaul is a work in progress for sure, but comparing it with GH? Hardly.

The tiny fonts could use some work on desktop. The whitespace is overpowering, especially there. And the connectivity issues only I’m seeing, apparently, are driving me a touch doolally. But DT is DT, and in good metallic hands! It’s been a mountain to climb, under the surface.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Jan 2019, 17:41

Muirium wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 15:20
And the connectivity issues only I’m seeing, apparently, are driving me a touch doolally.
do you still see them? if so please contact me directly when you have 10 minutes and we do some tests live (connect to discord if you like, you can use it on your browser).

Khers

12 Jan 2019, 21:15

matt3o wrote:
I set up the recurring donating thing, where it is listed that
Mention "DT Khers" in your transfer if you want the Pro Membership.
However, using paypal via the link did not provide me with an option of adding a message with my payment.

JBert

13 Jan 2019, 01:41

matt3o wrote:

Remember to send a small token of your appreciation. Please note that everything still goes into webwit's pockets... I mean to pay for the server and various expenses (DTA awards etc)... All I get is karma credit I guess.
Rimrul wrote:
if are willing to help there's a lot of server work to do :P
This reminds me: other years, we used to get a "Remember to prolongue your DT club membership" message. I guess that after the liquidation of the club there's no longer any official reminder and it's all supposed to go through donations?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jan 2019, 10:12

I made some forum maintenance and clean up. I archived some old categories and merged some forums. I'll do some more changes to the forum structure in the coming days.

Notably I would really like to join photos/videos into the keyboard section. The only reason to keep them separate is to be able to grab the pictures to create a sort of gallery which is neat... but maybe we can do the same in other ways.

Regarding the Donation page, currently is exactly how it was before but I agree it needs to be better. The club is nomore so now we rely exclusively on donations, we'll see how it goes. I'll promote other initiatives in the coming months, hopefully it will help.

Hypersphere

13 Jan 2019, 17:03

1. Still don't like the font on the DT logo. The broken "D" is not so bad, but the broken "T" looks very strange.

2. The font on the numbers on Private Messages can be hard to read for some numbers. For example, "6" looks like "5".

Thanks!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jan 2019, 17:05

#2 would you mind taking a screenshot? because I can't really say they are not readable

Hypersphere

13 Jan 2019, 17:11

matt3o wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 17:05
#2 would you mind taking a screenshot? because I can't really say they are not readable
Certainly!

Please see attached. Thanks!
DTbanner_hypersphere1.JPG
DTbanner_hypersphere1.JPG (75.93 KiB) Viewed 8552 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

13 Jan 2019, 17:12

windows?

Muirium
µ

13 Jan 2019, 17:26

Naturally. Shame, I really do like all the Helvetica here now. Renders perfectly on a good high dpi display. (My phone is from 2015 and my Mac is from 2013. This isn’t high end stuff nowadays at all.)

Perhaps fiddle with the size and not the font? I like it so much more than how it was in the old design. That one always looked best matched with my 1024x768 PowerBook!

Hypersphere

13 Jan 2019, 17:42

Yep, sorry to say I'm mostly using Windows these days (even on my Macs). I also use linux -- haven't tried DT on linux yet. Will give it a go and let you know if I see any issues.

FWIW, I mostly use Google Chrome on both Windows and linux, and my displays are 2560x1440 and 1920x1200.

Here's a screenshot from my linux box:
DTbanner_hyper2lin.png
DTbanner_hyper2lin.png (212.42 KiB) Viewed 8525 times
Now the "57" is more legible, but to make it clear, I need to magnify to 200%. This is on my 2560x1440 monitor.

Still don't relish the broken T letters, but I suppose this is just a matter of personal taste.

Return to “Deskthority talk”