Old thread

Hypersphere

14 Jan 2019, 18:17

C'mon folks! Please help with furthering the cause of Alps in our time!

TheInverseKey

14 Jan 2019, 19:02

Hypersphere wrote:
I would place an order but since shipping is US only I cannot...

abrahamstechnology

14 Jan 2019, 19:19

TheInverseKey wrote:
14 Jan 2019, 19:02
Hypersphere wrote:
I would place an order but since shipping is US only I cannot...
You can get them, it just would cost a bit more to ship a SPMB overseas.

abrahamstechnology

15 Jan 2019, 01:55

Sorry, I wasn't able to complete the group buy, refunds are being issued.

Hypersphere

15 Jan 2019, 16:46

I am very sorry to see this news. One of the few times I was disappointed to receive a refund!

KBP has said that they will be sending me a prototype V60 with Hua-Jie ivory switches. When I receive this and have the chance to test it, I will post my impressions on DT. If KBP decides to issue a V60 with these switches, it will give folks an opportunity to have a ready-made keyboard with another Alps variant.

ccl

15 Jan 2019, 23:48

Polecat wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 07:10
The OP with the red Alps sliders went stealth after the first round of questions; that was probably a hoax.
If it is about the Toshiba (Big Foot if I recall). luckily that is not a hoax. At least not from XTaran. I also saw the board as everybody on the fifth Swiss Keyboard Meetup. He probably just had some Christmas Holiday and some other new year stuff going on. Ironically, he is the only one here using his real picture and it is easy to lookup his nick..

Personally the Red Alps (Imho maybe just a one batch order from Toshiba or a single proto) board was too heavy or stiff for me. Personally I am an Oranges Alps guy and would love to try a (lubed) green one ones.

tentator

16 Jan 2019, 08:44

Can confirm, no hoax, typed on the red Alps board! :) you can contact him..

myyrddraal

25 Jan 2019, 17:03

ccl wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 23:48
Polecat wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 07:10
The OP with the red Alps sliders went stealth after the first round of questions; that was probably a hoax.
If it is about the Toshiba (Big Foot if I recall). luckily that is not a hoax. At least not from XTaran. I also saw the board as everybody on the fifth Swiss Keyboard Meetup. He probably just had some Christmas Holiday and some other new year stuff going on. Ironically, he is the only one here using his real picture and it is easy to lookup his nick..

Personally the Red Alps (Imho maybe just a one batch order from Toshiba or a single proto) board was too heavy or stiff for me. Personally I am an Oranges Alps guy and would love to try a (lubed) green one ones.
yep, definitely no hoax. I saw them, felt them.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Jan 2019, 21:44

What, you were $100 short? Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I would have gotten $100 of switches. I have plenty of Alps boards that could use new switches...

abrahamstechnology

26 Jan 2019, 04:58

XMIT wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 21:44
What, you were $100 short? Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I would have gotten $100 of switches. I have plenty of Alps boards that could use new switches...
No worries, I am running it again with lower prices.

abrahamstechnology

26 Jan 2019, 20:45

Return to “Group buys”