[Video] Reviewing Alps Compatible Rubber Keycaps

whiffysole

26 Jan 2019, 01:40

Hey everyone, picked up these orange rubber keycaps online and thought I'd make a video on them. Thanks for checking it out, if anyone has any comments or suggestions let me know! This is my first sorta "review" so any help is much appreciated.
Last edited by whiffysole on 27 Jan 2019, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

Elrick

26 Jan 2019, 04:57

Like your video and it's nice seeing more obscure Alps key-caps that are available.

Please post more videos showing the Alps World because we all need more of it these days.

Myoth

26 Jan 2019, 11:11

I believe those are made by Tai-Hao, They made a lot of Alps stuff back in the day, those gamery keycaps came with keyboards that had APC switches, like you said. And APC are from Tai-Hao I reckon.

Good review, I do like the short but informative format.

kakan

26 Jan 2019, 11:57

What a wierd little keycap. I've always liked the more obscure thing.

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2019, 12:53

Here's an embed:
Take the bit of the url after the / and wrap [ youtube ] tags around it.

Oh hey, I remember those caps! They were in the Surprise Box a few years back, I think. Weren't they Tai Hao? I think Beardsmore got them from a contact there. Maybe the ones I'm thinking of were MX mount, but they looked identical, were just arrows and WASD, in that same flat orange rubber.

whiffysole

26 Jan 2019, 22:12

Muirium wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 12:53
Here's an embed:
Spoiler:
Take the bit of the url after the / and wrap [ youtube ] tags around it.
Oh hey, I remember those caps! They were in the Surprise Box a few years back, I think. Weren't they Tai Hao? I think Beardsmore got them from a contact there. Maybe the ones I'm thinking of were MX mount, but they looked identical, were just arrows and WASD, in that same flat orange rubber.
Ah, thanks for the tip. These caps are definitely interesting, wish I could deck a full board out with them!
Last edited by whiffysole on 27 Jan 2019, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Sup

27 Jan 2019, 00:12

Oof i think they would be nice to have if they where the same profile size as the standard alps profile key caps.

whiffysole

27 Jan 2019, 23:57

Elrick wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 04:57
Like your video and it's nice seeing more obscure Alps key-caps that are available.

Please post more videos showing the Alps World because we all need more of it these days.
Thank you, I'll definitely be exploring more Alps stuff as I acquire it. Some of the Alps keycaps out there are beautiful and I hope to get a set eventually to review.

whiffysole

28 Jan 2019, 00:00

Myoth wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 11:11
I believe those are made by Tai-Hao, They made a lot of Alps stuff back in the day, those gamery keycaps came with keyboards that had APC switches, like you said. And APC are from Tai-Hao I reckon.

Good review, I do like the short but informative format.
Thanks for the feedback. APC switches are made by Tai-Hao, you can find them on their site or Aliexpress.

whiffysole

28 Jan 2019, 00:01

kakan wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 11:57
What a wierd little keycap. I've always liked the more obscure thing.
I definitely like finding more obscure things. That's the main reason I made my channel, to cover things that people may not know about.

whiffysole

28 Jan 2019, 00:02

Sup wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 00:12
Oof i think they would be nice to have if they where the same profile size as the standard alps profile key caps.
I wish. That would've been nice to see. Maybe something like that exists out there ;)

Return to “Keyboards”