[Mod] Xbox 360 Controller - Button Mod

pingbat

24 Jul 2012, 06:53

I thought the buttons on the Xbox 360 pad were analogue?

Oh, the original Xbox had analogue buttons. Strange. Nice mod :-)

Icarium

24 Jul 2012, 09:52

Well, admittedly it was a little strange and almost never used in games. :)

matty1200

13 Jan 2013, 19:04

Last edited by matty1200 on 23 Mar 2013, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

regack

13 Jan 2013, 20:21

I'm going to start out by admitting that I didn't read all of what was written. My understanding is that how you wire up the different controllers depends on which type it is (matrix, matrix2, Common Ground, CG2, or CG3).

Instead I'm going to point you to this url : http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=471958

Where there is a wealth of information in the 'Controller Modifications' section:
- High-Resolution Trace Pictures; LEDs on Wired and Wireless Controllers: By RDC
- High-Resolution Trace Pictures; Diagrams for Buttons on Wired and Wireless Matrix version Controllers: By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wired Controller, Older "Matrix", Button Solder Points (Arcade Stick, Duplicate Button, etc.): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wired Controller, Newer "CL" Version of the Board (Common Line): By RDC
- How to Tell Which Wireless Controller Version You Have (Matrix, CG or CG2) Before Taking it Apart :By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Older "Matrix", Button Solder Points (Arcade Stick, Duplicate Button, etc.): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Newer "Matrix 2" Version of the Board. :By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Newer "CG" Version of the Board (Common Ground): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Latest "CG2" Version of the Board (Common Ground v2): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Latest "CG3 (H4)" Version of the Board (Common Ground v3): By RDC
- Controller Board Scans, Wired and Wireless Matrix, Wired CL, Wireless CG and CG2 (All Components Removed): By RDC

matty1200

13 Jan 2013, 23:19

regack wrote:I'm going to start out by admitting that I didn't read all of what was written. My understanding is that how you wire up the different controllers depends on which type it is (matrix, matrix2, Common Ground, CG2, or CG3).

Instead I'm going to point you to this url : http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=471958

Where there is a wealth of information in the 'Controller Modifications' section:
- High-Resolution Trace Pictures; LEDs on Wired and Wireless Controllers: By RDC
- High-Resolution Trace Pictures; Diagrams for Buttons on Wired and Wireless Matrix version Controllers: By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wired Controller, Older "Matrix", Button Solder Points (Arcade Stick, Duplicate Button, etc.): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wired Controller, Newer "CL" Version of the Board (Common Line): By RDC
- How to Tell Which Wireless Controller Version You Have (Matrix, CG or CG2) Before Taking it Apart :By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Older "Matrix", Button Solder Points (Arcade Stick, Duplicate Button, etc.): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Newer "Matrix 2" Version of the Board. :By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Newer "CG" Version of the Board (Common Ground): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Latest "CG2" Version of the Board (Common Ground v2): By RDC
- High-Resolution Images of Wireless Controller, Latest "CG3 (H4)" Version of the Board (Common Ground v3): By RDC
- Controller Board Scans, Wired and Wireless Matrix, Wired CL, Wireless CG and CG2 (All Components Removed): By RDC
Thanks
Matt
Last edited by matty1200 on 16 Apr 2013, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

morugatu

25 Mar 2013, 08:29

Hey guys just want to add for starters the soldering helps but isn't needed as I only used hot glue and if you want to fix ypur d-pad use these with an Evil D-pad shell. The dpad inputs on the CG and CG2 boards are a real pain so be prepared to do a lot of trial and error. I ended up testing with my controller on on top of working with it on and getting dust, solder, and glue all over I had to clean up. Bottom line is this is a great mod but don't attempt it if you don't have a spare controller. I'll post pics of my d-pad once I get taller switches (radio shack only had four 5mm and had to use 2.5 for dpad. Don't recommend). Also going to drill holes to make it 'scuf style'. But that's for my other CG2 board.

BaconCatBug

31 Jan 2019, 21:03

Hey guys, sorry for the massive necro but this is the only source online I can find about this.

Since the original images are now dead, does anyone know exactly what size switch is needed? I tried using a 5x5x5 but they were far too tall. I don't know what size switch is needed. Better yet does anyone know of a person/service that can do this since I'm happy to try on an old 360 controller but would not trust myself to do this on an Xbone controller.

Return to “Workshop”