[SOLD] PS/2 Cortron Model 80 rugged keyboard and mouse

Sangdrax

30 Oct 2018, 22:14

Cortron 75% rugged keyboard in great condition. It's Cortron linear Foam and Foil though it uses the same caps as Cortron ITW low profile Magnetic Valve. Capacitive and NKRO over PS/2. Kind of a blast from the past to find new production foam and foil like this, especially linear.

High actuation if you like that kind of thing. I don't, main reason I'm selling it. Insides and foam is like new. The thing is about as bulletproof as they can make it. Contamination shield under the keys that flows into a drainpipe that goes straight through the board and out the bottom. Case itself fully sealed. All the assembly screws have little gaskets. Grounded Aluminum case. PS/2 cable is shielded. Pretty fancy deal as far as modern industrial boards are concerned.

Asking $35 $25 plus shipping.

It's got a pretty interesting typing noise too. Typing video.
Last edited by Sangdrax on 03 Feb 2019, 06:04, edited 2 times in total.

Engicoder

31 Oct 2018, 03:48

This is definitely a solidly built board. There are complete teardown pics in the wiki:
wiki/Cortron_80-604

GLWS

Waxwood

01 Nov 2018, 22:14

Hi,
Is this board considered 'mechanical' or more of a membrane type of construction.
What is your opinion on using this keyboard for daily typing of documents etc?

Does it work on a modern computer system- I'm running Linux Manjaro.
Thank you!

Sangdrax

02 Nov 2018, 01:36

It's 100% mechanical. Capacitive PCB with linear discrete switches. It is a fine keyboard for everyday use if you like high actuation and don't mind not having a hard bottom out. In terms of reliability, it's near the top for everyday use. If you need something guaranteed to work when you need it, this is a good choice.

It's PS/2 and works fine on USB with an active adapter. The typing video is using a bluecube adapter and typing a typing test program on W7. You'll need a double active one if you want the mouse to fire up too.

Look at the link Engincoder posted to see how the guts look and give you an idea of what's under the hood. (Thanks again for that, dude)

Waxwood

04 Nov 2018, 07:43

This board looks quite intriguing and its certainly not very expensive. Has anyone else much experience typing long documents on it? How would it feel compared to Cherry Blue switches on my Cougar Puri keyboard?

Sangdrax

17 Nov 2018, 18:35

Added a couple new pictures and price dropped before tossing it on ebay. Good chance to try an uncommon oddball for cheap and a modern linear foam and foil. Or even just pick up a set of caps that's ITW low profile compatible for custom stuff.

Noobmaen

02 Feb 2019, 01:53

Is this board still available?

Sangdrax

03 Feb 2019, 06:03

Sorry, sold.

Return to “For sale”