Revisiting Granite Ergodox kit

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Feb 2019, 10:39

We'll soon probably launch a new Granite in a different profile. It will still be flat, but taller than DSA.

I'm reviewing all the kits and I was wondering if you'd like any updates on the Ergodox kit
12-ergodoxian.png
12-ergodoxian.png (35.74 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
For the new comers, this is a PBT dye-sub'd set, so we are pretty free to do whatever we want with the legends.

Muirium
µ

16 Feb 2019, 10:56

Taller?

I’ve come to really like Cherry’s low profile. Knowing the prices for good dyesub sets of those, I’m surely not alone!

The thing about taller caps is there’s so much choice in those. SA, TTY, even all those OEM caps that already come on so many keyboards. Sure, a row-less taller profile is still something new. But what about still shorter keys?

Outside of mechs, low profiles win hard. So much so they’ve become synonymous with shit. But over compensation is nothing to celebrate. Our boards shouldn’t have to be a monoculture of retro homage to decades past.

Indeed, as those much sought Cherry caps show, the past wasn’t all sky high profiles either. There were a lot of vintage attempts at lower keys. The desire isn’t just a modern thing, it’s real.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Feb 2019, 11:29

you'll be the first to know when we'll have the molds!

Muirium
µ

16 Feb 2019, 23:02

Intrigued!

Cherry profile’s homerow is to low profile cylindricals what IBM beamspring is to tall sphericals. That’s where I’d go for inspiration.

Return to “Workshop”