Florida Care package from Mike52787 and Apple M0110 keyboard!

green-squid

20 Feb 2019, 21:52

Good day guys! I'm back for a short while to tell you guys about what arrived today. Way back in December, I ordered an Apple M0110 off eBay and thanks to Mike, I was able to get it proxied to Hungary. But Mike went the extra step and included some goodies, and even restored the board and converted it for me, something that I can't do with what I have available. My eternal gratitude goes to you, Mike man!
Here is everything I got in the mail! Let's go through it.
First, Signature plAstics keycaps (that's what 'SA' stands for right?)! And VINTAGE Cherry MX Black switches! Oh mah goood! It's so cool that I now have these! Never touched expensive keycaps like these before. And these Vintage switches must be great too! I remember DT user Wodan saying they were great. I have no board to try these in. Also, thank you for the Wal-Mart souvenir bags! :)
Next up, an Alps chassis! I have no alps switches free, but I'm sure I can use it one day.
This looks kinda worrying, but hopefully it's just the removal of the modding Mike had done to it previously.
An XT to USB converter! I tried to make one of these months ago, but LOL! You can guess how that turned how that turned out. Mike even made an amazing CUSTOM Aluminium case for it! But as you'll see shortly, it was giving me issues.. :(
Computer stuff! We've got eight gigabytes of DDR2 RAM, which is awesome! I'll put it to good use. Also the processors! Pentium 4, Pentium Dual core, Pentium D and even a Core 2 Duo! I'm glad Mike man didn't throw these out!
Raspberry fucking PI. This needs no explanation. Oh my god. He even included an 8GB SD card (with the OS). Can't wait to try this and everything else!

aaand now, the big thing everybody's waiting for!
The one and only M0110! And here it is! The iconic keyboard that came with the original Apple Macintosh. And now, it's in my possession! How cool is that! A usable piece of history! Mike even put a green keycap on the missing escape key.

But does it type well? Unfortunately, I have to tell you guys that it could be better. The keys weigh heavier, but the travel is not enough IMO! And it's easy to mistype on it. But over all, not a BAD keyboard! But you know, could be better. I'll have to get used to it, It'll be alright. I just needed a silent keyboard (a keyboard silenter than the Model M and F!) :D

Bad news about the XT converter! it types random letters, I assume it's because of the metal case and it's probably messing something up. Oh well, now it works at least! But the keyfeel is no longer as special, since this keyboard was sitting as a 'mash the keys toy' ever since being restored. Hopefully that's going to change! But I'm not using my main PC for basically anything for various reasons. eh whateva!

So there you go. This was supposed to be my last keyboard purchase, but the keyfeel leaves so much to be desired. I don't know what to do. I have been trying to break out of keyboards, that's why you haven't been seeing me for like two months straight. But man the keyfeel made me feel mixed as they say.

I wanted to get out of keyboards because it was no longer making me happy, the novelty was no longer there. Today after receiving this package, it took me back, and I felt some of that same excitement I used to. But when I had to go back to dance practice after opening the package, the excitement was gone! It was basically like nothing had happened, back to the shitty reality.

It really may be a problem with me, not the hobby.

I don't know what to end this with. Just feeling down cause teens are teens, no sob story BS here, that's just how it is, it will go away I'm sure! Thank you mike for the package

DocNoc

21 Feb 2019, 00:16

Mike is honestly a great guy. Met him for the first time in person at a Florida mini meet a while back and he has been nothing but a helping hand with my trip down the Alps rabbit hole even after destroying his inbox with annoying question after annoying question. <3 u Mike
Last edited by DocNoc on 21 Feb 2019, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

21 Feb 2019, 00:34

Yeah, Mike’s pretty cool, but have you tried not Mike?

green-squid

21 Feb 2019, 20:37

Okay guys, actually, this keyboard grew on me and now I'm fine with the keyfeel! I made the right decision IMO, even though I can only type slow on it, And I already type slow!

green-squid

26 Feb 2019, 18:50

Bad news! Model F DOESNT work now. I took it apart (3 hours of my life that I'll never get back) and reassembled it, nope, still just spams random chacarters. It may be with the soarer's mini USB port. The cable is fine.

Putting this F in the closet :cry:

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

26 Feb 2019, 18:52

It sounds to me like a ground problem, either on the converter or the keyboard.

green-squid

26 Feb 2019, 19:02

I don't know man. But I wont tackle it right now, I don't want to go to sleep at 1AM.

ZedTheMan

26 Feb 2019, 19:38

green-squid wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 19:02
I don't know man. But I wont tackle it right now, I don't want to go to sleep at 1AM.
That's right! You'll go to sleep at 3AM like the rest of us horribly depraved folk.

Return to “Gallery”