Typing Demo XL - Matias Quiet Click (Matias Mini Quiet Pro)

Chyros

20 Feb 2019, 11:25

As requested by several viewers, a TDXL of Matias Quiet Click. Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Hypersphere

21 Feb 2019, 01:18

Sounds good! How do you like the typing feel?

Elrick

21 Feb 2019, 06:20

Hypersphere wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 01:18
Sounds good! How do you like the typing feel?
Eager to know this too ;) .

Chyros

21 Feb 2019, 08:25

I've done a review of a V80 with these switches quite recently, go check it out :) . There will also be a review of this board, but there's no date for that yet, so that might be a while xD .

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Feb 2019, 08:29

jeez, it sounds like typing on rocks

Elrick

21 Feb 2019, 12:48

matt3o wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 08:29
jeez, it sounds like typing on rocks
Suspect he's typing on a hard desk and it seems to be rocking about as he types.

Amplifying the sound but if he decided to place that keyboard on a good sound absorption mat, the rocking would stop plus the sound could be muted further.

Still not a bad sounding keyboard, compared to all the standard Cherry junk that literally has no soul compared to this keyboard. Even though it's Matias's and I hate his switches, compared to the original complicated models it still stands up there.

Considering he's the only one still making various Alps based keyboards, I now have to support him. Far better to support someone than not bothering to lift a wallet, for his precious Alps effort.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Feb 2019, 12:58

I have a full set of Granite on Alps that I would love to put on use, but I simply can't find decent switches (and I don't want to scavenge overpriced vintage keyboards). I tried the clicky Matias from few years ago and they are rather uninspired. Is it the same old design or did they change it?

Chyros

21 Feb 2019, 13:04

matt3o wrote:
I have a full set of Granite on Alps that I would love to put on use, but I simply can't find decent switches (and I don't want to scavenge overpriced vintage keyboards). I tried the clicky Matias from few years ago and they are rather uninspired. Is it the same old design or did they change it?
From what I understood they changed a few subtle things a while ago, including a fix for the chattering issues the V80 I reviewed recently showed. That said, at heart they're basically the same switches.

IMO great buys for the money are linearised black Alps or clicky (pine) white ones. Both should be well-doable for under $100.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Feb 2019, 13:07

Chyros wrote:
IMO great buys for the money are linearised black Alps or clicky (pine) white ones. Both should be well-doable for under $100.
thanks for the heads up, I'll check those out

Chyros

21 Feb 2019, 15:38

matt3o wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 13:07
Chyros wrote:
thanks for the heads up, I'll check those out
Just make sure they're super duper clean xD .

Sangdrax

21 Feb 2019, 16:02

It always seems Matias are on the edge of greatness but just can't get over the hump. I hope they do, though. They're so close.

samuelcable

21 Feb 2019, 16:04

Sangdrax wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 16:02
It always seems Matias are on the edge of greatness but just can't get over the hump. I hope they do, though. They're so close.
First step to success is dumping the shitty clear plastic housings. I have yet to feel a good swirch that has a clear housing

stratokaster

21 Feb 2019, 16:11

Elrick wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 12:48
compared to all the standard Cherry junk that literally has no soul
soul is overrated

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2019, 16:36

samuelcable wrote:
First step to success is dumping the shitty clear plastic housings. I have yet to feel a good swirch that has a clear housing
Ahem. Nixies!

Elrick

22 Feb 2019, 00:30

Muirium wrote:
samuelcable wrote:
Ahem. Nixies!
Don't forget Zealio's as well ;) .

samuelcable

25 Feb 2019, 04:31

Muirium wrote:
samuelcable wrote:
Ahem. Nixies!
Yeah i knew someone would bring those up :D milky housings are better in that regard than completely clear housings

abrahamstechnology

25 Feb 2019, 05:20

matt3o wrote:
Try Matias click leaves in SKCM Black housings.

Chyros

25 Feb 2019, 11:25

abrahamstechnology wrote:
matt3o wrote:
Why not just clickify SKCM Black?

Elrick

25 Feb 2019, 11:35

Chyros wrote:
Correct.

You already have the original Click leaf inside the switch.

Bend the little bugger a little to make it louder and feel the click, with your fingers ;) .

Cheap and easy for anyone to do.

abrahamstechnology

25 Feb 2019, 12:45

Chyros wrote:
abrahamstechnology wrote:
matt3o wrote:
Matias leaves are much more tactile when you put them in Alps housings.

jonb2501

06 Mar 2019, 05:44

It sounds like my quiet pro. Their quality control is not the best but when all the keys work, it's a sweet keyboard.

squizzler

06 Mar 2019, 08:46

Chyros wrote:
From what I understood they changed a few subtle things a while ago, including a fix for the chattering issues the V80 I reviewed recently showed. That said, at heart they're basically the same switches.

Do you know any more about the changes: are they in the design or quality control of the switches or debounce circuitry in the motherboard?

Chyros

06 Mar 2019, 09:01

squizzler wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 08:46
Chyros wrote:

Do you know any more about the changes: are they in the design or quality control of the switches or debounce circuitry in the motherboard?
I'm not sure, but it's something I hope to find out at some point.

Menuhin

06 Mar 2019, 10:04

Why you seem to type faster on the VideoWriter ASMR Typing Demo?
Does your typing style evolved through the keyboard journey, or that you are typing faster than some time ago?

I still think you should have an intro for these ASMR Typing Demo XL videos:
"Welcome to the ASMR Typing Demo XL video on the keyboard (model)..." (with a breathy ASMR voice) :P

Your view may then triple or even 10x with viewers sending you bubble wraps and other ASMR related presents.

Chyros

06 Mar 2019, 17:10

Not the creepy breath things xD .

I type faster on some boards than on others. It really varies. Orange Alps in particular make me type very quickly.

Return to “Keyboards”