Any mice that use a Japanese Omron D2F

cineraphael

08 Feb 2019, 17:02

Though I'm more of a keyboard guy. But, do you guy know any mice that use a Japanese made Omron D2F microswitch instead of Chinese Omron D2FC? and also Is there any different between D2F and D2FC?

Elrick

11 Feb 2019, 01:45

cineraphael wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 17:02
Though I'm more of a keyboard guy. But, do you guy know any mice that use a Japanese made Omron D2F microswitch instead of Chinese Omron D2FC? and also Is there any different between D2F and D2FC?
The only one I know of from memory (old man memory here), is the first released model of Ducky's Secret Mouse.

It used Japanese Omron's (so said in their promos). Also the Alps scroll wheel encoder helps to make it a complete high class model along with it's PBT shell construction.

They're releasing a second update soon, which I shall be getting.

andrewjoy

11 Feb 2019, 12:23

Ooooo a new secret!

They are nice. The PBT feels nice and solid but my one has stained quite badly.

Now my office is a dirty environment as i use it for soldering, 3D printing cleaning and modding keyboards etc and all sorts of crap you should not be doing in an office so it is a test for it.

It works flawlessly tho , never missed a beat !

katsu

13 Feb 2019, 05:39

Another option would be the ASUS gaming mice. They have shapes very similar to razer, but they have japanese omron also you can open the mouse and change the switches without soldering (It also doesn't require you to remove the mouse feet).

The asus sica is like the razer abyssus and the gladius series is like the deathadder. I believe the sica and gladius 1 save profiles so you could install the software, set your settings, and then uninstall without losing your settings. I would probably avoid their wireless since I'm not sure they have the technology for lagless wireless like logitech.

Sup

20 Feb 2019, 17:26

Can't you just replace the switches in a mouse though to the ones you like?

cineraphael

22 Feb 2019, 18:00

Sup wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 17:26
Can't you just replace the switches in a mouse though to the ones you like?
I wish that possible but I heard that a Chinese Omron and Japanese Omron have the different fixed pin. Logitech Mice could be possible but I'm not sure about the other brand.

TuxKey
LLAP

25 Feb 2019, 12:37

Totally Agree with @Elrick i have two Ducky Secret mice.
like @andrewjoy i also solder on my one desk at home.. but i keep the mouse as far as i can from my soldering iron.
still it's on the same desk while i thinker and solder.. thank god no staining for me..

if ducky is going to make a new one, i would buy a third one hahahha.. what i also like is that you don't need a driver to do
what you need to do.. like dpi settings ... i don't like mice that have drivers as companies tend not to invest in long term support over all os types.. that's just not the world we build ...
for me it needs to be compatible with osx+Linux+windows. (wife uses windblows)..

Dingster

27 Apr 2019, 18:54

Im pretty sure my MX518 has japanese omrons, as well as an old trackman wheel I have.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”