F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

Zed

25 Feb 2019, 02:51

depletedvespene wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 02:41
Excellent. Don't be shy to PM me if you have questions about any of the Spanish layouts. :)
Will do! The base ANSI set is pretty much done but for some small tweaks and I am currently working up the legends for all the extra keys. The ISO sets (including your custom one of a kind one!) are all mocked up with the alphas done and some of the glyphs and small text waiting until we see the results of the first prints.

depletedvespene

25 Feb 2019, 02:54

Zed wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 02:51
depletedvespene wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 02:41
Excellent. Don't be shy to PM me if you have questions about any of the Spanish layouts. :)
Will do! The base ANSI set is pretty much done but for some small tweaks and I am currently working up the legends for all the extra keys. The ISO sets (including your custom one of a kind one!) are all mocked up with the alphas done and some of the glyphs and small text waiting until we see the results of the first prints.
Well, if we're going custom, then let's go FULL CUSTOM. Iberoamerican layout! Could be another FIRST by the F62 project!!! :mrgreen:

(PM me)

Zed

25 Feb 2019, 03:10

Here is the current state of the F XT legends. The number pads use a slightly older version where the kerning and some other small tweaks have not been fixed BTW. I'll post a pic of the extra keys if we can ever stop adding stuff!

The alphas have been done for quite a while but I recently finished drawing all the small text. I'll be glad to pontificate about the font if anyone is interested. :D

F XT Base Set render.PNG
F XT Base Set render.PNG (535.74 KiB) Viewed 9491 times
F XT Num Pads render.PNG
F XT Num Pads render.PNG (353.13 KiB) Viewed 9491 times

Ellipse

25 Feb 2019, 03:49

Yes thanks to Zed the key legend offerings will be expanded!

If anyone wants any customized keys that others may also be interested in, now is the time to post your suggestions! The sublimation template sheets have not yet been finalized.

consolation

25 Feb 2019, 04:01

So to order number pad set 5, I need to pay 4x11= 44$ (since we can reuse arrows from base set)?

Zed

25 Feb 2019, 04:06

Ellipse wrote:

If anyone wants any customized keys that others may also be interested in, now is the time to post your suggestions! The sublimation template sheets have not yet been finalized.
So this craziness is all now my fault? :o

ZedTheMan

25 Feb 2019, 04:09

Zed wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 04:06
Ellipse wrote:

So this craziness is all now my fault? :o
Hello, not me. It seems so!

Ellipse

25 Feb 2019, 04:42

Yes consolation - please do note the post and the variation number you'd like in the notes text box.

morkl

25 Feb 2019, 09:42

Ellipse wrote:

I'll go ahead and suggest 1.75U FN (or Function or Layer 2 or really anything other than Caps Lock) again then, for those of us who prefer to use the Caps Lock slot for something more useful! :ugeek:

depletedvespene

25 Feb 2019, 11:55

Ellipse wrote:

Ok, here I go!

Base set: perfect. I especially commend you for not making the all-too-common mistake of "designers" nowadays of putting directional quotes (’ and ”).

What do I not see in this set of renders and/or what would I add? (laundry list incoming)
  • ISO: 1.25U left Shift + 1U <> key, ISO Enter key + 1U \| key (I have no doubt this is already considered).
  • Non-US layouts: AltGR instead of Alt for the RALT key (I have no doubt this is already considered).
  • Non-stepped 1.75U split right Shift with the accompanying Fn key.
  • The 1U Tab and Back Tab keys we talked about yesterday (see those blanks on numpad render 1? That's where I'd put them).
  • Since some people are asking about a 1.75U Fn key, to be placed where Caps Lock goes, how about a 1U "Lock" key? This could well have the legend "Lock" or, perhaps, just the lock icon; the user could program it to produce any/all of Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, Num Lock (and lock the computer as well) according to his tastes.

depletedvespene

25 Feb 2019, 12:05

And now, for the nutjob request: let's go all icon on the mods! (except Esc and the F row) I mean, the custom legends page already shows variants for Tab, Backspace, Enter and Shift, so why not the rest of the mods?

Kill me with arrows (not with words).

TerminalJunkie

25 Feb 2019, 12:34

My wishlist:
- 1.5u Fn
- 1.5u Caps lock
- 1u Caps lock (maybe just the lock symbol on this one?)
- 1u Super
- 1.5u Super

I love depletedvespene's suggestion for a fuller icon-only add-on set and would buy one.

Finally, for an ortho buckling spring keyboard I'm hoping to build one day:
- 1u tab symbol
- 1u backspace symbol
- 1u shift symbol (x2)
- 1u Ctrl
- 1u Alt
- 1u Fn (x2)
- 1u enter symbol (already planned, I see)
- 1u Super
- 1u Option or ⌥
- 1u Command or ⌘

PRIPARA_PLAYER

25 Feb 2019, 16:10

I know this is probably asking way too much, but with all these extra keys, is there any chance of getting JIS layout from you rather than unicomp? I'd be more than happy with just the 半角/全角, 変換, 無変換, and カタカナ ひらがな keys.

Zed

25 Feb 2019, 20:06

The quality on the screen shots I posted last night wasn't that great. Hopefully, these are a bit better.
F XT Base Set render2.png
F XT Base Set render2.png (870.13 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
F XT Num Pads render2.png
F XT Num Pads render2.png (663.74 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
And this should answer some of the recently posted questions/requests. The HHKB front print and SSK Num Pad are still under review AFAIK. I have not included the Mac specific HHKB front print but if the yelling is loud enough and Ellipse agrees... Obviously, the icons are just as close as I could get with KLE. My thinking is to 'IBMify' stuff like the media icons and HHKB front print abbreviations. The Ins and Del icons from the F122 set will be like the Beamspring/terminal ones.
F XT Extras mockup A.PNG
F XT Extras mockup A.PNG (56.6 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
F XT Extras mockup B.PNG
F XT Extras mockup B.PNG (71.19 KiB) Viewed 9250 times

Scarpia

25 Feb 2019, 21:11

Zed, very cool keycap options!! I'd like to know if keycaps will be available after the first (and second?) production run of the F62s/F77s? I'm asking because some of us may like to wait until we have lived with the keyboards for a few weeks before deciding exactly how to pimp them..

Zed

25 Feb 2019, 21:42

Thanks! Glad you like all the options we have worked up. Ellipse is the one who can answer your question about the availability timeline.

Ellipse

25 Feb 2019, 23:56

Yes the fuller icon only sets are now available (see Zed's renderings for "F style icons").

Sorry PRIPARA_PLAYER, JIS will be from Unicomp.

Scarpia we are still staying with the early bird and then final round production. I do expect to make a small number of extras in the final round to then sell at a higher price after the final round (to help recoup prototyping and other cost overruns).

depleted, the 1.75U split right shift is available as part of the HHKB set only, in order to recoup tooling costs for the 1.75U key.

depletedvespene

26 Feb 2019, 02:20

Ellipse wrote:
………

depleted, the 1.75U split right shift is available as part of the HHKB set only, in order to recoup tooling costs for the 1.75U key.
Fair enough (I'm gonna have to recheck my order history, to see exactly what numpad style did I order and what extra sets and/or novelties will I'll be getting; I'm tempted to use the "F77" keys in between both Ctrl and Alt 1U keys as a manner of stealth branding).

Humanoid

26 Feb 2019, 07:21

Ellipse wrote:

I'd love a set of Thai key caps. Using the Thai Kedmanee layout as found on old IBM model M's.

They take up all the white keys in the main section of the US ANSI keyboard, except the space bar. So that's all the 1u keys plus the backslash key. Which is a total of 47 keys.

My preferred font for the Thai characters would be Microsoft's Arial Unicode MS.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

27 Feb 2019, 14:05

If anyone is looking for more suggestions for custom keycap markings, I always loved the backspace key on the Personal Typing System keyboards: Image

depletedvespene

02 Mar 2019, 01:48

Some people just hate the ⌫ ("Backspace" or "erase to the left", U+232B) and ⌦ ("Delete" or "erase to the right", U+2326) symbols; I like 'em, but do understand they can look really bad if not properly done.

Ellipse

03 Mar 2019, 22:16

A 1.5U Super key has been added for Linux users.

Hypersphere

05 Mar 2019, 14:56

A Hyper key would be nice.

Khers

05 Mar 2019, 15:12

Ellipse wrote:
As part of the base set or as an additional extra?

depletedvespene

05 Mar 2019, 15:21

Hypersphere wrote:
A Smite key wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
Spoiler:
god-at-his-computer.gif
god-at-his-computer.gif (52.56 KiB) Viewed 8489 times

Zed

05 Mar 2019, 15:48

Khers wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 15:12
Ellipse wrote:
As part of the base set or as an additional extra?
It would be an extra.
depletedvespene wrote:
Hypersphere wrote:
Spoiler:
god-at-his-computer.gif
Unsavers have a 'Rule' key. Is that close enough? :)

depletedvespene

05 Mar 2019, 15:50

Zed wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 15:48
depletedvespene wrote:

Spoiler:
god-at-his-computer.gif
Unsavers have a 'Rule' key. Is that close enough? :)
As long as you add "Iron Fist" in the front... :mrgreen:

Ellipse

06 Mar 2019, 01:42

Keys: Now is the time to suggest additional printed miscellaneous keys to be made available! There will be one "layout" made of miscellaneous keys, many of which were posted previously.

Dye sub testing update: I did some quick tests but determined I needed to replace some parts and order some additional parts for the jig before properly starting the key dye sublimation tests. Will continue testing once these parts arrive.

Assembly phase update: The factory expects to send assembled spring/flipper samples this week or next week, and hopefully a few completed fully assembled keyboards with unprinted keys (following the keyboard assembly manual I sent them). Once these assemblies are approved, the factory will start mass assembly and ship about 500 units at a time to me. I am hoping the first 500 can be ready to ship to me by the end of next month. Then it will be 3-4 weeks on a container ship. If all goes well then May-June will possibly see the first shipping units.

depletedvespene

06 Mar 2019, 02:33

I stand by my laundry list... and could ADD:

- 1U key with the legend "Lock".
- 1U key with the legend "Mode".
- 1.25U Enter key (have I mentioned this already? :-D ).
- 2U and 1.5U Backspace keys with the ⌫ icon; 1U Del key with the ⌦ icon.
- 1U Smite key. Because why not?

I'm in for an F77, so I wouldn't use those, but... those in for F62 units could benefit from 1U keys with the legends "Lower" and "Raise".

And a special pack with 48 1U keys with the letter X (two of them with home row bars, of course).

depletedvespene

06 Mar 2019, 20:45

Ellipse wrote:
the 1.75U split right shift is available as part of the HHKB set only, in order to recoup tooling costs for the 1.75U key.
A teeny tiny light bulb just went off (on) inside my head. If, as the pictures suggest, you'll sell the "extra" keycaps grouped into sets ("F77 numpad #5", "Media Text", "4704", etc.), would/should the "HHKB" set come with one barrel/flipper, so the user who gets a keyboard with a regular right Shift will be all set to replace that with the smaller right Shift + Fn keys?

While I wait to see the lists of those sets finalized, I'll wonder which of the newly suggested legends/icons make it into the list of offerings, and which should be sold individually or within sets.

Return to “Group buys”