My Upcoming review of a Cherry G84!

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 18:11

I going to give you guy an update to what i'm going to do next for my Youtube!

- I'm going to tries a Cherry G84(Thank you ZedtheMan for the G84!) for at least 3 days to get used to the feel

- The review started with intro of course and then go through the history of the keyboard and the switches.

- I'm going to be review the keyboard with my new "Kibodo* Score System" which rate 1 to 10 in each section such as:
- Construction quality (If construction quality is about an IBM Model M it will be a 10!)
- Switches and feel (anything above Alps design would be 10! so Buckling Spring would be 10 points),
- Keycap (Pad Printing will only get 1 point out of 10! Gamer Font like Crazy will also be deducted)
- Sound (10 points if they doesn't like Cherry MX Blue lol)
- Feature (something like mutimedia key and rgb light)
- Design

- The conclusion will include the pro and con of the keyboard and summarizing to what I think about them.

- And Outro will be Typing Demonstration.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I go Doug Demuro Style like Comparing: Northgate Omnikey 102 vs Logitech G710! This gonna be fun!

* Kibodo mean Keyboard in Japanese and it sound really cool to be called as a Keyboard Score System lol!
Last edited by cineraphael on 04 Mar 2019, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

samuelcable

04 Mar 2019, 18:15

Feel like I've seen this somewhere here before

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 18:18

samuelcable wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:15
Feel like I've seen this somewhere here before
If the review are really similar to Chyrosran22, Then I guess I can at least give a viewer a Second Opinion like how you have to do experiment in the science with more than one trial. Thomas's video is why I am starting to collecting a vintage keyboard! Unlike Chyrosran22, I lived in the US so It might be an interesting Difference In term of Point of View and Opinion!

- By the way I also Brought a Northgate Omnikey 102 and Spanish layout Packard Bell with BTC Dome with Slider!

ZedTheMan

04 Mar 2019, 18:29

I look forward to seeing the review!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Mar 2019, 19:40

cineraphael wrote:
[…]
my new "Kibodo* Score System" which rate 1 to 10 in each section such as:
- Construction quality (If construction quality is about an IBM Model M it will be a 10!)
[…]
So plastic rivets doomed to break get a 10?

Spoiler:
I love making friends :mrgreen:

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 20:38

kbdfr wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 19:40
cineraphael wrote:
[…]
my new "Kibodo* Score System" which rate 1 to 10 in each section such as:
[…]
So plastic rivets doomed to break get a 10?

Spoiler:
I love making friends :mrgreen:
Oh man, Model M could be 9.5/10 and Model F is 10/10.

hansichen

04 Mar 2019, 22:26

And Cherry is 11/10 cause you don't have to repair them after 30 years due to missing rivets or bad foam?

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 22:53

hansichen wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 22:26
And Cherry is 11/10 cause you don't have to repair them after 30 years due to missing rivets or bad foam?
LoL remember, Cherry G80 have the PCB Mount which mean they are not going to be durable compare to Plate Mount and they don't use screw but rather a clip. also Construction quality is all about the keyboard housing and mount method. Not the Switch.

Myoth

04 Mar 2019, 22:57

cineraphael wrote:

Cherry G80 have the PCB Mount which mean they are not going to be durable compare to Plate Mount
Heh

Sometime in the future we should count the number of dead Ms and the number of dead G80s, gee, I wonder who would win :roll:

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 23:00

Myoth wrote:
cineraphael wrote:

Cherry G80 have the PCB Mount which mean they are not going to be durable compare to Plate Mount
Heh

Sometime in the future we should count the number of dead Ms and the number of dead G80s, gee, I wonder who would win :roll:
Ha ha, With bolt mod on Model M, It can last forever! :D

hansichen

04 Mar 2019, 23:03

Then you can also plate mod your G80 if that satisfies you.

Myoth

cineraphael wrote:
Myoth wrote:
cineraphael wrote:

Heh

Ha ha, without anything done to G80, they can live forever! :D

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 23:04

Myoth wrote:
cineraphael wrote:
Myoth wrote:

Heh

Ha ha, without anything done to G80, they can live forever! :D
I don't know about that, I had never had any Cherry G80 yet! I only have an IBM Model M122.

cineraphael

04 Mar 2019, 23:06

ZedTheMan wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:29
I look forward to seeing the review!
Thanks man, I want to review a Cherry Product for a long time now!

Elrick

05 Mar 2019, 00:30

cineraphael wrote:
- I'm going to be review the keyboard with my new "Kibodo* Score System" which rate 1 to 10 in each section such as:
- Switches and feel (anything above Alps design would be 10! so Buckling Spring would be 10 points),
- Keycap (Pad Printing will only get 1 point out of 10! Gamer Font like Crazy will also be deducted)
- Design

- The conclusion will include the pro and con of the keyboard and summarizing to what I think about them.
Would be interesting to see this Review.

Keep the humour if there is any. Why Chyros has a BIG following simply because of his nature of always being extremely amusing with his reviews. Don't go too deep into showing any stupid Graphs or any scientific data, waste of time.

Most know about keyboards in general hence get to the essentials when recording the Sound, Feel and Look of the keyboard. Of course it's weight and size comparisons, with other models would generally be liked.

Also make sure the Video's are of the Highest Quality, do not use a f##king Mobile Phone to record a review. Plus no moving the camera around like a drunk tosser, it makes people queasy when watching it.

ZedTheMan

05 Mar 2019, 04:26

Elrick wrote:
cineraphael wrote:
- Design

Keep the humour if there is any. Why Chyros has a BIG following simply because of his nature of always being extremely amusing with his reviews. Don't go too deep into showing any stupid Graphs or any scientific data, waste of time.

Most know about keyboards in general hence get to the essentials when recording the Sound, Feel and Look of the keyboard. Of course it's weight and size comparisons, with other models would generally be liked.

Also make sure the Video's are of the Highest Quality, do not use a f##king Mobile Phone to record a review. Plus no moving the camera around like a drunk tosser, it makes people queasy when watching it.
I like graphs and scientific data, so I suppose I shall be thrown into the pit.

cineraphael

05 Mar 2019, 17:02

ZedTheMan wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 04:26
Elrick wrote:
cineraphael wrote:
- Design

I like graphs and scientific data, so I suppose I shall be thrown into the pit.
:lol:

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

06 Mar 2019, 00:07

Sounds like a fun video. What's the link to your channel?

Return to “Keyboards”