[KEYS ARRIVED] Round 3 Moogle Kits

gimpster

15 Apr 2012, 00:04

I'm not "implying" anything, I'm stating it. The spacebar always matches the alpha keys. It's the same thing I said to dirge. I don't know how I'm being confusing. :?:

off

15 Apr 2012, 14:38

yaya, statements have imlications, even when vague or misunderstood.
"you might also check to see if SP has any 7x spacebars in GE color. That's the color code that will match the alpha keys on a Dolch set."
Which you wouldn't say when this spacebar had the alpha-key-colour already. No?
Or, you were only referring to the 7x part; and I misunderstood your post all this time seeing how I was reading for colour fit, not physical fit.
Still, even if he ordered a GE 7x spacebar, it still wouldn't match his alpha's; seeing how he has no dolch.
Context and meaning are fickle things, seeing how everyone has their own interpretations.
No offence meant btw.

gimpster

16 Apr 2012, 00:19

No offense taken, just trying to help clarify. The spacebar is considered part of the "alpha" set. That's why I said that GE matches the Dolch alphas, as opposed to matching the Dolch mods, which would actually be a GEW color code. I don't remember what dirge was looking for, exactly, but I think it was something not quite like a Moogle kit, so I was just trying to help him find what he needed. The "7x" part refers to the length of the key, meaning it takes up "7 times the width of a standard key". Thats the same size as the older Winkeyless boards.

off

17 Apr 2012, 04:26

Awrite, stuff happened, I stressed out. Not really expecting a reply, but for posterity's sake:
gimpster wrote:context a pic of an original dolch board
The only thing about the space is that it's a different color than the mods. ;) That said, if you're looking for one, you might also check to see if SP has any 7x spacebars in GE color. That's the color code that will match the alpha keys on a Dolch set."
implying:
*That if he's looking for an alpha coloured spacebar he's not finding it here, for you advise him to check out SP in that case. Thus the spacebar here would be in the modifier colour.
Which in turn was supported by the picture you posted (dat space), but contended with the posts you made since then, starting with the one where i'd killed you off ;)

Dirge seemed to be looking for a dolch-modifier kit for his 'non-dolch'-alphas btw, which would look better with either an 'non-dolch'-alpha-coloured-space or a dolch-modifier-coloured-space.

Also, I wouldn't reference 7x with physical fit if I wasn't aware of it's meaning; thanks for the explanation though.

All this is solely my interpretation ofcourse.

oh, on those rgb mods- if I had 'em I'd surely use them; but so far I still far prefer the sleekness of that bottom filco of yours were the extra colours dropped.

hashbaz

17 Apr 2012, 05:20

Sheesh, off. The kits are named so as to be clear which set they match, not to indicate the literal color of some/all of their keys.

gimpster is of course correct -- modifiers are dark, printable characters are light (except for the black sets/kits, which are all black). This is true both for the full key sets and the corresponding moogle kits which match them.

hashbaz

17 Apr 2012, 05:21

I am back home as of a few hours ago. Will be closing orders and sending out invoices via PM within a few days.

gimpster

17 Apr 2012, 05:39

hashbaz wrote:I am back home as of a few hours ago. Will be closing orders and sending out invoices via PM within a few days.
Sweet. 1 step closer to de-Frankensteining my boards. ;) I really hope the Dolch full-mod kits made the next price break... *crosses fingers*

off

17 Apr 2012, 07:17

hashbaz wrote:Sheesh, off. The kits are named so as to be clear which set they match, not to indicate the literal color of some/all of their keys. gimpster is of course correct -- modifiers are dark, printable characters are light (except for the black sets/kits, which are all black). This is true both for the full key sets and the corresponding moogle kits which match them.
I got that, it's just the space that I'm unsure of. I'd be very grateful if you would dissolve that confusion. ;)
And welcome back, sorry for making a mess.

hashbaz

18 Apr 2012, 05:59

Is there still confusion? The black space bar is black, the white space bar is white, and the Dolch space bar is light grey. The extra space bars are the same as those in the base kits.

off

18 Apr 2012, 11:24

Yes there was, see the mod coloured space here.
Now there is none, cheers.

yakill

18 Apr 2012, 13:41

hashbaz wrote: Will be closing orders and sending out invoices via PM within a few days.
Is there a way to delete my order? Really want keys, but just got a big unexpected request for payment from Bafögamt. :twisted:

hashbaz

19 Apr 2012, 07:28

yakill wrote:
hashbaz wrote: Will be closing orders and sending out invoices via PM within a few days.
Is there a way to delete my order? Really want keys, but just got a big unexpected request for payment from Bafögamt. :twisted:
I just removed your order from my spreadsheet.

SeNte

20 Apr 2012, 17:09

I may have missed it but I'm not able to order the black ISO adapter Kit from GDocs

I send you a PM :)

hamza_tm

20 Apr 2012, 17:29

I believe that was removed cuz of low interest?

SeNte

20 Apr 2012, 17:31

hamza_tm wrote:I believe that was removed cuz of low interest?
It is exactly what I need to fit my Cherry ISO Spanish Kit into my ANSI keyboard :___

hamza_tm

20 Apr 2012, 17:48

You can only get it in white now!

I know I wanted one too :(

hamza_tm

20 Apr 2012, 18:28

Guys i ordered this incomplete DS set (shown in pic)
incomplete DS in need of moogle
incomplete DS in need of moogle
IMAG0046.jpg (695.98 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
Im trying to understand these GB orders but im just confused - whats the minimum i need to make that a full set that looks nice?

I will be using the keys on a Filco TKL (aka CM Storm Quickfire blues) that is ANSI layout, and I would like an ISO enter key as well. Not too fussed about shift keys if i can save on the price. Give me options.

Whats the cheapest im looking to spend for a board that doesnt make me look like i'm colourblind, and what sets do i order?

Thanks

(posted on GH as well but im all for different opinions)

off

20 Apr 2012, 19:00

hamza_tm wrote:Guys i ordered this incomplete DS set (shown in pic)
whats the minimum i need to make that a full set that looks nice?
I will be using the keys on a Filco TKL (aka CM Storm Quickfire blues) that is ANSI layout, and I would like an ISO enter key as well.
Looks good no?
mooglefouyou.jpg
mooglefouyou.jpg (44 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
ISO enter is already on your table, so...
only thing to mind is the posts on the underside of that spacebar of yours, no clue on that part.

hamza_tm

20 Apr 2012, 19:18

Cheers :) i need to check out some pics of mixed colour moogle keysets!

agor

20 Apr 2012, 19:28

You cannot fit an ISO enter to an ANSI layout board without some really heavy modding, just saying.

hamza_tm

20 Apr 2012, 20:00

yeah realised that :(

ignore the post above

hashbaz

20 Apr 2012, 20:25

SeNte wrote:
hamza_tm wrote:I believe that was removed cuz of low interest?
It is exactly what I need to fit my Cherry ISO Spanish Kit into my ANSI keyboard :___
Sorry, I removed it yesterday. It would have cost you an arm and a leg.

off

20 Apr 2012, 21:07

to anyone that might not be paying attention (like me): pricelist on GH is more up to date, currently approximating:

Code: Select all

BASE   MOD 	ISOA  SCAPS  SPACE  BLANKM  BACKSLASH
Black     $16 	$18 	- 	 $7 	 $3     $11     -
White     $13 	$10 	$9 	$4 	 $2     $ 3     $6
Dolch     $18 	$18 	- 	 $7 	 $3     $11     -
Also, see that thread for you currently estimated total if you've ordered already.

hashbaz

20 Apr 2012, 21:22

Thanks off. :)

hashbaz

24 Apr 2012, 09:29

Orders are now CLOSED

hashbaz

26 Apr 2012, 08:56

Invoices have been sent out.

rindorbrot

26 Apr 2012, 09:27

got the invoice, will pay this afternoon as I'm at school now :(