Gaming Keyboard - Looking for Advice

PlacaFromHell

12 Mar 2019, 16:21

samuelcable wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:33
I dont know how so many people game on model Ms, the 2kro made me have limited amount of strafing in certain ways in multiple games I've played. The heaviness doesn't help either but that's subjective
Nothing like a beamspring to drive helicopters in Battlefield 4 :lol:

samuelcable

12 Mar 2019, 19:20

vometia wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 10:32
samuelcable wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:33
I dont know how so many people game on model Ms, the 2kro made me have limited amount of strafing in certain ways in multiple games I've played. The heaviness doesn't help either but that's subjective
In my case I don't play shooters: my lack of skill at that sort of thing becomes a problem before 2KRO does! And it's just fine for RPGs provided they aren't too actiony, just a bit noisy, especially in the middle of the night...
I also instantly noticed the same problem in binding of isaac rebirth but I guess it's not the biggest problem

Magnenntae

23 Mar 2019, 01:24

May be a bit late but I really wouldn't recommend the K95 with MX Browns. I've been using a K70 LUX with browns as my daily driver since I bought it about 2 years ago and I honestly regret the purchase.

I thought the floating switch design would make it easier to clean but it just makes it more vulnerable and it's just as hard to clean in between the keys as on more closed boards, also not having much of a case makes it louder than it would be otherwise. The software is bad and is way more resource heavy than it should be, and I believe it's the case that your settings won't work unless you have it open, I've given up on using it entirely.

As far as MX Browns I chose them because of the marketing that purports they're great for typing and gaming, in reality I feel like the switches are bad for both, they feel like wobbly linear rather than feeling properly tactile, if you look into them you'll see they don't exactly have the best reputation.

swampangel

14 Apr 2019, 23:00

swampangel wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 12:43
I did lots of gaming with a Model M too (not competitively) but I hauled mine out for another go this fall and encountered some problems. I'll have to do it again, and figure out if it's a particular key combo, or if it goes away if I use PS2 rather than a usb adapter.
I checked in and I was wrong. There are a couple of key combos in the wasd cluster that don't register, but they're uncommon ones, like W+E+D or S+D+C. It's just fine.

Return to “Keyboards”