AEK II spacebar

CarpCharacin

29 Mar 2019, 00:13

I just got an AEK II M3501, and I ended up cracking the spacebar as I was trying to remove it :cry:
Is anyone selling replacement spacebars?

abrahamstechnology

29 Mar 2019, 03:28

What part of it is cracked?

CarpCharacin

29 Mar 2019, 03:45

The space bar itself, on the front. I feel kind of dumb that I cracked it, but I think it was kind of brittle.

CarpCharacin

14 Apr 2019, 00:33

I super glued it, so at least it is usable now, but I'd still like to find a replacement spacebar. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one without needing to get a whole different keyboard?

the_ambyguous

14 Apr 2019, 10:15

pimpmykeyboard sells ABS and PBT spacebars with alps mount in DCS and DSA profile, individual keys

Findecanor

14 Apr 2019, 11:26

the_ambyguous wrote:
pimpmykeyboard sells ABS and PBT spacebars with alps mount in DCS and DSA profile, individual keys
Wrong stabiliser mount unfortunately. The AEK II's plate has Alps-type stabiliser mounts whereas SP's has Cherry-style mounts at the ends for Costar-style stabilisers (there are many keyboards with Alps-switches that indeed have those).
I also have some recollection of the AEK II space bar having a weird stabiliser wire, but I might remember wrong.

You could ask elecplus. Her company refurbishes keyboards, and sells keycaps at times.

abrahamstechnology

14 Apr 2019, 19:02

Findecanor wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 11:26
the_ambyguous wrote:
Wrong stabiliser mount unfortunately. The AEK II's plate has Alps-type stabiliser mounts whereas SP's has Cherry-style mounts at the ends for Costar-style stabilisers (there are many keyboards with Alps-switches that indeed have those).
I also have some recollection of the AEK II space bar having a weird stabiliser wire, but I might remember wrong.

You could ask elecplus. Her company refurbishes keyboards, and sells keycaps at times.
Just use a Matias stabilizer kit or print these:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3396336

Return to “Want to buy”