Terminal Keyboard - EU Preffered

bronz

09 Apr 2019, 20:45

Anyone selling any working terminal keyboards ?

It can be low cost.model.

I need this specific connection

Findecanor

09 Apr 2019, 22:18

You can't just go by the type of connector. There are quite a few different keyboard interfaces that use modular connectors, and 4P4C in particular (or is that a six-position connector?)

DEC LK201, Wyse and Ampex 220 are among those using 4P4C, and I a think all of them use proprietary pinout and protocol over the wire. And I'm sure that there are many more.

bronz

10 Apr 2019, 09:41

Findecanor wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 22:18
You can't just go by the type of connector. There are quite a few different keyboard interfaces that use modular connectors, and 4P4C in particular (or is that a six-position connector?)

DEC LK201, Wyse and Ampex 220 are among those using 4P4C, and I a think all of them use proprietary pinout and protocol over the wire. And I'm sure that there are many more.
I am not sure,
but it should be like this or compatible model with same connector.
Link 50-120-800-900 LINK MC5 ASCII

Findecanor

10 Apr 2019, 13:28

All right! I searched around on the forum a bit for you. I found that elecplus in Texas might have a few Link MC5, at least back in September. She saves keyboards from electronics recyclers that she sells on, and she is quite respected around here.

It also looks like the same model as the Wyse-protocol version of the Wyse PCE. I've heard that it and Link MC5 should be compatible, but I have not (yet) found confirmation from someone who has actually tried it.

bronz

10 Apr 2019, 15:30

Findecanor wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 13:28
All right! I searched around on the forum a bit for you. I found that elecplus in Texas might have a few Link MC5, at least back in September. She saves keyboards from electronics recyclers that she sells on, and she is quite respected around here.

It also looks like the same model as the Wyse-protocol version of the Wyse PCE. I've heard that it and Link MC5 should be compatible, but I have not (yet) found confirmation from someone who has actually tried it.
Thanks bro.
I looked all over the internet to find more information about this,
but found almost no info about it, even on deskthority wiki.

What I found is that it is most likely RJ9 model with 4 pins (4P4C)

bronz

10 Apr 2019, 17:33

I suspect on faulty cable,
and I fonder can regular phone cable RJ9 be used to replace original one ??

Findecanor

10 Apr 2019, 18:22

bronz wrote:
...can regular phone cable RJ9 be used to replace original one ??
Good question... Sometimes the ends of a modular cable have the pins in reverse order, and according to Wikipedia even a handset cable could be in reverse order.
In most modular cables, you should be able to see the colours of the individual cables inside the clear-plastic connectors if you look closely, to determine if that is the case.

Otherwise, making a modular cable yourself is pretty straightforward using a "crimping tool". (It should be possible even using a flat-head screwdriver...)

bronz

10 Apr 2019, 20:16

Findecanor wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 18:22
bronz wrote:
...can regular phone cable RJ9 be used to replace original one ??
Good question... Sometimes the ends of a modular cable have the pins in reverse order, and according to Wikipedia even a handset cable could be in reverse order.
In most modular cables, you should be able to see the colours of the individual cables inside the clear-plastic connectors if you look closely, to determine if that is the case.

Otherwise, making a modular cable yourself is pretty straightforward using a "crimping tool". (It should be possible even using a flat-head screwdriver...)

I hope that works... otherwise we have to order one keyboard from USA

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Apr 2019, 09:29

Going the other way round, I have been using a Wyse keyboard cable as a telephone handset cable for years.

bronz

11 Apr 2019, 11:52

kbdfr wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 09:29
Going the other way round, I have been using a Wyse keyboard cable as a telephone handset cable for years.
:mrgreen: nice

Return to “Want to buy”