[WTS] IBM 5140 (Brown Alps, PBT Dye Subs), Modded HHKB

BloodyKafir

17 Apr 2019, 16:40

Hey all.

I am trying to clear out some of my collection.

IBM 5140 Keyboard
-SKCM Brown Alps (10/10 Condition)
-Thick PBT Dye Subs (No wear)
-Lubed stabilizers, no rattle
-SKCL Compact Green Alps

SOLD

HHKB Pro 2
-Lubed with Krytox 205g0
-Silence X Rings installed
-Hasu USB Controller, Flashed with QMK Firmware
-Stabilizers lubed with Super lube
-Upgraded KBDFans Dye Sub keycaps

Looking for 250 CONUS, willing to ship internationally.

I take Venmo, Zelle, and Google Pay!

https://imgur.com/a/jSY5BYO
Last edited by BloodyKafir on 18 Apr 2019, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

ZedTheMan

17 Apr 2019, 16:55

I'd be on that 5140 in a heartbeat if it weren't for my recent purchases. :(

BloodyKafir

18 Apr 2019, 01:04

ZedTheMan wrote:
First, I am dropping the price of the Brown Alps board to 160, and the HHKB down to 215.

Zed, would that price allow you to buy?

ZedTheMan

18 Apr 2019, 01:05

BloodyKafir wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 01:04
ZedTheMan wrote:
First, I am dropping the price of the Brown Alps board to 160, and the HHKB down to 215.

Zed, would that price allow you to buy?
My wallet weeps, but I think I will have to go for it at that price. I'll continue our PM'ing. Does this include shipping, btw?

pmsingchicken

18 Apr 2019, 01:59

Sent a message

Myoth

23 Apr 2019, 17:32

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... ective_mk/
It's been a while hasn't it? We've been keeping a close eyes on things, and have found additional alts of kollective_mk. Most have been deleted, but bloodykafir still exists. The full list of current and previous alts:

bloodykafir
Sadguinus
Hereticborger
Idunnomanilikekeebs
Nukedheroes
Ruskie_yt
Kollective_mk
Ruskiemk
biggieboi69

Counter to his previous claims that he is just trying to leave the hobby, he appears to be as active as ever. It also occurs to us that some people may still not have been compensated by him. I'd like to remind all those people that they can file a report here if they choose to.

As always, be sure to follow trading best practices by asking for current timestamps before dealing with new users, and send any concerns to mods via ModMail. We also cannot stress enough the importance of using Paypal Goods & Services to allow for safe and transparent transactions.

ZedTheMan

23 Apr 2019, 17:55

Myoth wrote:
It's been a while hasn't it? We've been keeping a close eyes on things, and have found additional alts of kollective_mk. Most have been deleted, but bloodykafir still exists. The full list of current and previous alts:

bloodykafir
Sadguinus
Hereticborger
Idunnomanilikekeebs
Nukedheroes
Ruskie_yt
Kollective_mk
Ruskiemk
biggieboi69

Counter to his previous claims that he is just trying to leave the hobby, he appears to be as active as ever. It also occurs to us that some people may still not have been compensated by him. I'd like to remind all those people that they can file a report here if they choose to.

As always, be sure to follow trading best practices by asking for current timestamps before dealing with new users, and send any concerns to mods via ModMail. We also cannot stress enough the importance of using Paypal Goods & Services to allow for safe and transparent transactions.
Yup, poor me got scammed. Currently trying to see if I can get my money back in any way.

Lbibass

23 Apr 2019, 18:11

ZedTheMan wrote:
Myoth wrote:

bloodykafir
Sadguinus
Hereticborger
Idunnomanilikekeebs
Nukedheroes
Ruskie_yt
Kollective_mk
Ruskiemk
biggieboi69

Yup, poor me got scammed. Currently trying to see if I can get my money back in any way.
Boy, that sucks. I hope you find a way!

swampangel

23 Apr 2019, 18:34

ZedTheMan wrote:
Good luck. :( I understand why some legit sellers won't or can't use paypal; too bad people like BloodyKafir are here to ruin it for the rest of us.

Wazrach

23 Apr 2019, 21:19

ZedTheMan wrote:
Myoth wrote:

bloodykafir
Sadguinus
Hereticborger
Idunnomanilikekeebs
Nukedheroes
Ruskie_yt
Kollective_mk
Ruskiemk
biggieboi69

Sorry to hear you got scammed. :( I was just about to post an unrelated reply asking the OP what his name meant. Makes sense that someone with a name like that would scam people. I hope you get your money back.

ZedTheMan

23 Apr 2019, 21:33

The annoying thing is how they even participated legitimately in mechmarket for a couple of purchases and as such looked credible before he was outed and scammed me. It's all so much effort just to to scam someone out of $160.

Wazrach

23 Apr 2019, 21:39

ZedTheMan wrote:
The annoying thing is how they even participated legitimately in mechmarket for a couple of purchases and as such looked credible before he was outed and scammed me. It's all so much effort just to to scam someone out of $160.
I feel angry for you. Do you know how you're going to get your money back?

Seriously though, I am absolutely disgusted. Again, that name tells you a lot about how evil the person is. He's been laughing at other users without them even knowing.

ZedTheMan

23 Apr 2019, 21:46

Wazrach wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:

Seriously though, I am absolutely disgusted. Again, that name tells you a lot about how evil the person is. He's been laughing at other users without them even knowing.
I looked up the name trying to find more proof of who he might be. He is disgusting. I tried a dispute with Google pay but I don't think I had sufficient evidence at the time to prove I hadn't received a product. I think I'm going to try another dispute and see if I can't gather more proof since he hasn't logged in for a while and never got back to me once he said he would. I feel like if we could get more proof of him being the scammer it would be useful, my best bet on that might be to see if I can't get mechmarket mods to help out. Beyond that, if I can somehow find out his real identity I might be able to file a claim of fraud or something. I know some people know his address since he actually did buy stuff previously, though that's not something I could get publicly around here without it being considered doxxing. (Privately however, well, it anyone knows info about kollective_mk or any of his alts, there might be parties close to me who would like to hear of it)

pmsingchicken

27 Apr 2019, 02:16

Also a user by ABSTRAKT reached out to me if I was interested in a NOS keyboard replacement unit for a 5140. Highly suspicious, since he's a new user and I did not indicate in my post whether or not I was interested in the 5140 or HHKB.

Heads up to anyone approached by that user. Stay safe guys, and cover your ass.

ZedTheMan

27 Apr 2019, 02:22

ABSTRAKT is indeed the same person, as per evidence that I have.

ABSTRAKT

28 Apr 2019, 04:01

ZedTheMan wrote:
Excuse me? I am not, and dont really appreciate the accusation.

ZedTheMan

28 Apr 2019, 05:49

ABSTRAKT wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:
Mhmm. If this is the truth, then there is definitely a scammer out there impersonating you.
Last edited by ZedTheMan on 03 May 2019, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

the_ambyguous

28 Apr 2019, 06:21

ZedTheMan wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 21:46
Wazrach wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:

I looked up the name trying to find more proof of who he might be. He is disgusting. I tried a dispute with Google pay but I don't think I had sufficient evidence at the time to prove I hadn't received a product. I think I'm going to try another dispute and see if I can't gather more proof since he hasn't logged in for a while and never got back to me once he said he would. I feel like if we could get more proof of him being the scammer it would be useful, my best bet on that might be to see if I can't get mechmarket mods to help out. Beyond that, if I can somehow find out his real identity I might be able to file a claim of fraud or something. I know some people know his address since he actually did buy stuff previously, though that's not something I could get publicly around here without it being considered doxxing. (Privately however, well, it anyone knows info about kollective_mk or any of his alts, there might be parties close to me who would like to hear of it)
damn went through bloodykafirs posts and just realized I offered to trade a skcl board with him for those brown alps right before you offered to buy them. scary to think it couldve been me, not in a place where I can just lose $200. I am not as noble as you, I would have found out where he lives and driven to his house to get my money back, could probably get law enforcement on your side if youre persistent enough and gather enough culpable evidence to make your case. Although nowhere near as notorious as bounced check craigslist scam rings, im sure going to a law enforcement officer in person would atleast let you fully know what options you have and what steps may be taken. For future transactions, I would highly recommend paypal goods and services, its almost notorious for siding with buyers when it comes to any kind of discrepancies or issues. Using a credit card on top of that is also a good idea if you can afford it, unlike debit cards you can always file a claim with your credit card company and they can reverse the transaction, something thats always blown my mind.
ABSTRAKT wrote:
ZedTheMan wrote:
>account created on april 19th 2019, two days after zed paid for the 5140
>only post is about a pingmaster project that sounds HILARIOUSLY manufactured. seriously guys go read his post
SURE you aren't bloodykafir/kollective.
I'm no cryptologic technician, but kafir and abstrakt both have mannerisms and kind of broken up grammar in their writing as if their english is broken or written by an internet translator. or a psychopath.

compiled from BloodyKafir's posts:
"Still interest in the HHKB? I have a modded one if you are interested, along with.."
"First, I am dropping the price of the Brown Alps board to 160, and the HHKB down to 215.
Zed, would that price allow you to buy?"

compiled from Abstrakt's posts:
(Post title) - "Turning my harvesting Pingmaster into a 65%"
"In the end, that left me with a 1. destroyed PCB as I sucked at desoldering at the time.."
"For me, I intend to scrap the case and do something nice myself, most likely out of wood"
"This will be a fun one for me, and will definitely test my skill of working with existing components, then modifying them to use for another purpose. "
"It might take a little while, as I am a full-time student, but I think this will be a fun and stress-relieving project."

granted the posts from BloodyKafir are a little meager, but something is definitely way off about Abstrakt's post about his pingmaster project. not only does his articulation remind me of the slightly "wrong" details in Kafir's writing style, but his whole post completely lacks substance. Its completely bland and full of hot, stale air. It just screams bullshit to me. Especially the last line, "as I am a full-time student, but I think this will be a fun and stress-relieving project.", two giant sympathy grabbers, his claiming to be a full time student, and attempting to project his empathy as a fellow keyboard hobbyist. I almost hesitate to post this, as its so blatantly obvious Abstrakt is more of an Artificial that perhaps we should just allow him to claim hes authentic in the public sphere but warn others to avoid making transactions with him in the private sphere.

maybe I'm being overly aggressive and paranoid. but I am unsure of many things. and my moral compass / bullshit radar is not one of them.

Lollipopsaurus

03 May 2019, 18:09

Kinda getting really off topic here - sorry about that.

I'm a mod over on mechmarket, and we're watching activity here as well. This guy has created almost a dozen accounts now that we've identified and banned/shadowbanned.

We've made several posts about him over on reddit about it (are external links allowed here? I really don't know). But the best advice I can give you if you've been scammed is to file a complaint with the USPS for mail fraud using all the detail you can, and file a local police report referencing the incident.

If you're suspicious that you might be trading with this individual, feel free to say no to any deal.

Posts with personal information in them have to be deleted due to reddit's ToS, but please know messages to the mechmarket mods have been seen and added to the compendium we've collected.

ZedTheMan

03 May 2019, 18:24

Lollipopsaurus wrote:
03 May 2019, 18:09
Kinda getting really off topic here - sorry about that.

I'm a mod over on mechmarket, and we're watching activity here as well. This guy has created almost a dozen accounts now that we've identified and banned/shadowbanned.

We've made several posts about him over on reddit about it (are external links allowed here? I really don't know). But the best advice I can give you if you've been scammed is to file a complaint with the USPS for mail fraud using all the detail you can, and file a local police report referencing the incident.

If you're suspicious that you might be trading with this individual, feel free to say no to any deal.

Posts with personal information in them have to be deleted due to reddit's ToS, but please know messages to the mechmarket mods have been seen and added to the compendium we've collected.
External links are fine IIRC. Thanks for the work you guys do to try to keep people like kollective out of the market.

Edit: also, being off topic for a bit is fine. We aren't a forum unused to thread derailment.
Last edited by ZedTheMan on 03 May 2019, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Dingster

03 May 2019, 18:25

Zed did you manage to arrange anything through google pay in the end?

Return to “For sale”