VideoWriter printer minus the switches

cli

30 Apr 2019, 13:17

I'm almost done with stripping all the Alps Brown switches from a Philips- Magnavox VideoWriter so I'm left with the printer and the empty keyboard

I'm looking for a complete set of Tai Ho black or brown keycaps

Menuhin

30 Apr 2019, 18:49

I suggest you to post this “offer” to some vintage computer forums, and a suggestion is that you may also consider soldering some switches back onto the keyboard to make this a better offer for a keyboard forum.

cli

30 Apr 2019, 19:27

Menuhin wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 18:49
I suggest you to post this “offer” to some vintage computer forums, and a suggestion is that you may also consider soldering some switches back onto the keyboard to make this a better offer for a keyboard forum.
Thank you for your suggestion..
The 'offer' is now a free VideoWriter printer and empty keyboard (without the keycaps) free to pickup.

abrahamstechnology

01 May 2019, 05:05

Tai-Hao caps won't even fit on this, it needs proprietary caps...

zrrion

01 May 2019, 07:22

Why would brown ALPS need proprietary caps?

Anakey

01 May 2019, 09:05

i think he wants the caps for a different project, though i think they are advertising on the wrong place if they expect an empty keyboard case with no switches or key caps to sell. Shame that the keyboard did not remain intact considering this was a fully working pristine condition unit had he keyboard been on its own then fair enough it would not have any value outside the switches but as a complete unit and there can't be that many complete working ones so now you have something that no one will probably want.

cli

01 May 2019, 11:08

Hey, the printer is free to pickup.. if you just had the keyboard you can complete it, sounds nice deal to me..

the_ambyguous

03 May 2019, 07:28

I've got one of these functional in pristine condition, converted the NOS keyboard into USB (or rather, converting*)
Purchased another empty case/PCB/keycaps just because I liked the layout / board so much, but I might just put some orange switches in it and put it back with the working videowriter. These things are pretty sweet, I really like the amber screens on them, works like a charm too. I would suggest you solder any alps switches into that keyboard and then list it on ebay, making it clear that youve refurbed the keyboard so no one who wants SKCM browns buys it. Probably wont sell for anywhere near as much as an SKCM brown one but someone is bound to buy it. Or refurbish that keyboard and give it away whole. Id offer to buy that empty shell of of you but then that videowriter would be useless. Kind of a shame that only that keyboard works with it.

cli

03 May 2019, 14:27

Thanks for the suggestion..
I will consider it when I've got some leftover ALPS switches.

Return to “Want to trade”