[GB] NOS Alps SKCM White | GB Closed

adamcobabe

01 May 2019, 18:37

I received mine yesterday too. Thanks, lsoelxi.

bujorc

02 May 2019, 19:20

adamcobabe wrote:
And, first impression? :)

adamcobabe

03 May 2019, 11:11

bujorc wrote:
02 May 2019, 19:20
adamcobabe wrote:
And, first impression? :)
Fantastic. Nice consistent click from those loose switches that I have tried. There's a tiny bit of oxidation on the pins, but that's to be expected I think. Will put some in a board soon and give them a proper test.

Hypersphere

04 May 2019, 00:58

Received mine today. Thanks!

DaOver

05 May 2019, 07:59

Any chance you have some left?
I need maybe 70 to fill up my newly arrived ALPS64 PCB.

lsoelxi

05 May 2019, 09:59

I am planning the next GB.
The problem is, I need to activate my suspended PayPal account.

cli

05 May 2019, 14:06

Great! Planning to replace some Bamboo Alps Black!

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

08 May 2019, 11:50

Just picked mine up. They really are NOS as there was no sign of soldering on initial inspection :o Mine were with short white switchplates.

Thank you so much for offering this opportunity to the forum users!

Edit: I could find only one with long one now that I opened up a few more :oops:

Mythramir

13 May 2019, 21:17

Anyone in the US that hasn't gotten theirs yet either?

I paid the extra for tracking but once mine arrived in the US, I've been unable to track it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and/or impatient, but I'm starting to get a little worried.

TheInverseKey

13 May 2019, 22:19

Mythramir wrote:
13 May 2019, 21:17
Anyone in the US that hasn't gotten theirs yet either?

I paid the extra for tracking but once mine arrived in the US, I've been unable to track it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and/or impatient, but I'm starting to get a little worried.
I got mine in Canada and they were not tracked when they landed.

swampangel

13 May 2019, 22:28

I'm in Canada and haven't got mine yet, but it sounds like they'll show up before long

M4dn3ss

14 May 2019, 16:18

Just got mine, and I have to say honestly these are even better than excellent condition blue Alps unless you're somehow able to find NOS blue Alps.

bujorc

14 May 2019, 19:10

Great switches, no question, tons of thanks to lsoelxi for doing this GB!

They are really good but not *that* good, not blue-alps-good :) They're not first gen whites, the clicky leaf is more abrupt (straight angles, not rounded) and the plastic materials are different and also thinner. Those thick housings, that heavy plastic is what makes blue alps bassier, isn't it?

M4dn3ss

15 May 2019, 14:34

bujorc wrote:

They are really good but not *that* good, not blue-alps-good :) They're not first gen whites, the clicky leaf is more abrupt (straight angles, not rounded) and the plastic materials are different and also thinner. Those thick housings, that heavy plastic is what makes blue alps bassier, isn't it?
In my opinion the "bassier" sound signature of blue Alps is a placebo. I'm currently using a TKL with blue Alps from a board that was in near-mint condition, and I had also tried white Alps in it, and honestly it was bassier than the blue Alps. Only reason why I preferred the blue was because it was smoother.

My previous set of white Alps where from a seller who claimed they were desoldered from a keyboard that was new in box, yet they weren't completely smooth when pressed at extreme angles (just a very minor amount of binding from off-centre key presses), so I assumed that was the best white Alps could get. Well, this new batch doesn't bind at all, so to me it feels basically identical to the blue - just as smooth and just as (if not more) bassy.

Given all of that, the fact that this batch of white Alps is more consistent and also is not as affected by "actuating before the click" as the blues is what makes this batch better than my already-excellent blue Alps. The only way I can top that is if I was somehow able to get my hands on NOS blue Alps (and if you do, you've pretty much hit the jackpot)

swampangel

15 May 2019, 16:14

M4dn3ss wrote:
15 May 2019, 14:34
Given all of that, the fact that this batch of white Alps is more consistent and also is not as affected by "actuating before the click" as the blues is what makes this batch better than my already-excellent blue Alps. The only way I can top that is if I was somehow able to get my hands on NOS blue Alps (and if you do, you've pretty much hit the jackpot)
As if I wasn't feeling impatient enough :mrgreen:

Edit: yesss Image

Thanks lsoelxi!

listofoptions

28 May 2019, 19:13

still haven't received mine yet, Korea post says its been sent back to sender.
(edit am idiot, see later post)
Last edited by listofoptions on 05 Jun 2019, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.

lsoelxi

04 Jun 2019, 10:41

listofoptions wrote:
28 May 2019, 19:13
still haven't received mine yet, Korea post says its been sent back to sender.
For some reason, it was returned to me. I am going to send it again. Please wait a momentarily.

swampangel

04 Jun 2019, 16:25

lsoelxi wrote:
Did you have any luck getting paypal to unlock your account?

lsoelxi

04 Jun 2019, 19:21

swampangel wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 16:25
lsoelxi wrote:
Did you have any luck getting paypal to unlock your account?
Yes I was suspended 2 times but I was able to release it. Now I'm thinking about the next GB.

listofoptions

05 Jun 2019, 05:16

welp IMMA HARD CORE DERP i gave you the wrong address, thanks @Isoelxi for catching that and forwarding it.
the offer still stands for any weirdo foodstuffs (that will transport) from the states that you want.

cli

13 Jun 2019, 02:41

bujorc wrote:

I'm playing with some new Alps white switches. You can reduce the abrupt click by bending the clicky leaf back. Agree the slider looks thinner than 1st gen Alps white switches. It's a nice clean click, Alps blue and 1's gen Alps white have a smoother click.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

13 Jun 2019, 03:12

Could anyone tell what the price was for these switches? I can't find it in the first post.

swampangel

13 Jun 2019, 14:17

Redmaus wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 03:12
Could anyone tell what the price was for these switches? I can't find it in the first post.
$0.75 USD/switch

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

13 Jun 2019, 16:41

swampangel wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 14:17
$0.75 USD/switch
That's a sweet price, too bad its over I'd be in for a set just to see the difference between a good condition used board and NOS.

lsoelxi

21 Jun 2019, 18:45

Started Round 2. If you are interested, please order.

listofoptions

01 Jul 2019, 20:48

woot, gottem; and damn they are smoof

DaOver

05 Jul 2019, 16:23

I filled the order form a week ago, did not get email confirmation.
Is Round 2 gonna happen?

M4dn3ss

07 Jul 2019, 15:35

Decided to jump in to round 2 but it says "Cancelled due to a failed MOQ", how close was it?

swampangel

08 Jul 2019, 02:17

M4dn3ss wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 15:35
Decided to jump in to round 2 but it says "Cancelled due to a failed MOQ", how close was it?
I think about 1500/3000. Hopefully lsoelxi decides to give it another try eventually.

yuchipashe

08 Jul 2019, 11:08

I'm interested in ordering around 100 if the group buy opens again

Return to “Group buys”