So what's new?

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 May 2019, 03:09

Haven't been around in awhile. Got tired of the other forum(s) I was visiting (non-keyboard forum, fyi). What's new around here and in the keyboard world?

Also see my sales thread, I got some stuff I want to off load.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 May 2019, 23:39

I guess one thing that's new is off topic is pretty much dead these days.

adhoc

11 May 2019, 09:17

There's basically nothing new. A couple of keycap sets, a couple of new gayming keyboards and that's about it.

mcmaxmcmc

11 May 2019, 19:51

There was the Silo switches, Hall Effect and Beamspring MX-mount switch. BOX switches came and went. People got crazy about a switch combo named "Holy Pandas", it got extremely expensive but now there are multiple versions of them. TGR is becoming the new OTD. There was an MX Alps slider called the Nexus slider, but it had a stem which would crack caps (BOX switches cracked caps -- the sliders were made using the same, too big measurements. The stem pretty much killed off BOX switches). That's what I got so far, I'm not sure when you left, so I don't know what you know.

Findecanor

11 May 2019, 20:12

What happened in the three months you were away?
People are still using keyboards built 30 years ago :-þ

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

15 May 2019, 01:25

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
11 May 2019, 19:51
There was the Silo switches, Hall Effect and Beamspring MX-mount switch. BOX switches came and went. People got crazy about a switch combo named "Holy Pandas", it got extremely expensive but now there are multiple versions of them. TGR is becoming the new OTD. There was an MX Alps slider called the Nexus slider, but it had a stem which would crack caps (BOX switches cracked caps -- the sliders were made using the same, too big measurements. The stem pretty much killed off BOX switches). That's what I got so far, I'm not sure when you left, so I don't know what you know.
So BOX switches are already on the outs? I have those on one of my keyboards. Darn.

The Silo switches seem interesting. Although if they aren't on a keyboard that weighs 10 lbs, it isn't the same.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

15 May 2019, 01:27

Findecanor wrote:
11 May 2019, 20:12
What happened in the three months you were away?
People are still using keyboards built 30 years ago :-þ
I haven't been paying attention for longer than that. But yea, I'm still using 30 year old keyboards. But I have settled in a bit with Topre. The lower force is friendlier on my fingers than IBMs.

Return to “Off-topic”