QWERTZ SA Caps

Cid Fabel

28 Apr 2019, 16:48

Hey, I'm on the lookout for a set of SA Caps in German ISO Layout. Would have to be fullsize with F-Keys. Preferrably something kickass like these Round 5/6/7 caps, haven't seen many in QWERTZ layout yet sadly. :(

AdrianMan

29 Apr 2019, 20:33

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

29 Apr 2019, 20:37

These are fine and all, but the original poster was specifically asking for SA profile keycaps, not just any DE-ISO keycaps.

AdrianMan

29 Apr 2019, 20:40

Wintermute1974 wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 20:37
These are fine and all, but the original poster was specifically asking for SA profile keycaps, not just any DE-ISO keycaps.
They are in SA uniform R3 profile, made by Signature Plastics for Filco.

The sets are pretty nice and decent, unfortunately only black for ISO-DE.

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

29 Apr 2019, 20:52

AdrianMan wrote:

I would have never guessed that these were SA profile, as the product description is really vague:
The keycaps are taller, more rounded and heavier then the standard Filco keycaps which will reduce the force needed to depress a key, the legends are also larger.
Instead of having lumps on the home keys (F,J and keypad 5) this keyset's home keys have a more concave top.
These keycaps come with a set of Filco stabilizers (white/upper) for use when fitting to Filco keyboards.
Normally a description like this would be for OEM caps.

Incidentally, do you have any experience with this keyset? I am a little uncertain by the term "Filco stabilizers". Does the ad mean wire stabilizers not MX stabilizers?

AdrianMan

30 Apr 2019, 14:53

Wintermute1974 wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 20:52
AdrianMan wrote:

Incidentally, do you have any experience with this keyset? I am a little uncertain by the term "Filco stabilizers". Does the ad mean wire stabilizers not MX stabilizers?
https://www.keyboardco.com/product/4-fi ... lizers.asp

They are the parts that go into the keycap for filco/costar stabilizers :)

https://www.keyboardco.com/product/4-fi ... lizers.asp

I had some keys from Filco SA keysets from a Signature Plastics grab bag, they were nice quality and I enjoyed the font.

They are compatible with any type of stabilizer so all is fine :)

Shihatsu

02 May 2019, 15:17

I sport this set on my Filco, and beside the unusual font they are quite the SP SA set. They are 3-3-3-4-4, so not fully sculptured, and they are in a deep brown, no true black. I do like them very much, and given the price and the availability of ISO-DE sets this kit is a no brainer, imho.

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

03 May 2019, 05:34

Cid Fabel wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 16:48
Hey, I'm on the lookout for a set of SA Caps in German ISO Layout. Would have to be fullsize with F-Keys. Preferrably something kickass like these Round 5/6/7 caps, haven't seen many in QWERTZ layout yet sadly. :(
There's a new SA keyset available for purchase on Massdrop until the end of May. It is called Laser SA and it offers a NORDE keyset, which would allow you to create a QWERTZ ISO layout.

The group buy page is here:
https://drop.com/buy/drop-mito-sa-laser ... keycap-set

Cid Fabel

24 May 2019, 20:18

I got the SA set from Keyboardco and I like it a lot. What I wonder is, are there also capslock caps with off-center stems like on Cherry boards?

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

24 May 2019, 20:37

I got the SA set from Keyboardco too, but I can't decide if I like them or hate them. They feel noticeably different than a keycap set with a full SA profile with different row heights. I've had them for about three weeks now, and it was only yesterday that I did not instantly notice that they weren't the full SA profile caps when I started typing on them.

Cid Fabel

24 May 2019, 22:51

Yeah. But I really need an off-center keystem Capslock in SA profile, if possible in black. Sadly.

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

20 Sep 2019, 19:18

Cid Fabel wrote:
24 May 2019, 22:51
I really need an off-center keystem Capslock in SA profile, if possible in black. Sadly.
It's not in black, but I do see an off-center capslock key in the base set of this "Winmix PBT SA keycaps 179 keys" set. Maybe this base set + international set would be of interest to you:
https://kbdfans.com/collections/sa-prof ... 5580205104

I have one on order, but it has yet to arrive so I can't review it yet.

Return to “Want to buy”