Cherry G81-3100SAV keyboards, keysets.

amnesia0287

13 May 2018, 09:05

pyrelink wrote: Out of curiosity of the people legitimately hoping to purchase a set of these, is the idea to display the board or the caps on a shelf, or will these caps actually see regular use? Putting the hardcore Cherry collectors aside, I just can’t imagine spending $600 on a keyset and subsequently depreciating it with every strike of a key :lol:

But to each his own. Nice work on all of this you guys. I have often thought about how I would handle distribution in a situation where I discovered a large pile of relics (almost could have happened with a potential shed full of kishsavers a few years back) and this provides a nice case study. Controversial or not I agree with the limiting to active, participating DT users. Interested to see how this ends.

I’d buy to use the caps. One of the advantages of the dye subs is they are way more durable and resistant to shine compared to the abs ones.

LightningXI

13 May 2018, 16:28

pyrelink wrote:Out of curiosity of the people legitimately hoping to purchase a set of these, is the idea to display the board or the caps on a shelf, or will these caps actually see regular use? Putting the hardcore Cherry collectors aside, I just can’t imagine spending $600 on a keyset and subsequently depreciating it with every strike of a key :lol:

But to each his own. Nice work on all of this you guys. I have often thought about how I would handle distribution in a situation where I discovered a large pile of relics (almost could have happened with a potential shed full of kishsavers a few years back) and this provides a nice case study. Controversial or not I agree with the limiting to active, participating DT users. Interested to see how this ends.
I would purchase one to use the keys for regular use.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

ball00n

14 May 2018, 13:10

Winners were chosen. Messages sent.

Iggy

14 May 2018, 13:55

Happy typing winners!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

09 Jun 2018, 11:27

Thank you so much guys for this opportunity, I have to admit that I wasn't expecting the B-stock keycaps to be in such a good condition. Mines are really in excellent condition.

I'm also super happy because I now own all the OG Cyrillic dye-sublimation keysets that I know exist! From left to right, HASRO, SAV, SAR:

(the color difference is real, it's not just a light effect)

PS: If by any chance you end up with spare replacement keycaps, I'd be super glad to get the set.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

09 Jun 2018, 11:49

ramnes wrote: I'm also super happy because I now own all the OG Cyrillic dye-sublimation keysets that I know exist! From left to right, HASRO, SAV, SAR
:mrgreen:

mindgame

09 Jun 2018, 12:22

Thanks for feedback, love pics;))
Our G81-3100SAV boards has little lighter sublegends - something between HASRO and SAV u got.
I doubt color depends on model, more like dye varitaions depends on production year, imho :)

ramnes wrote: Thank you so much guys for this opportunity, I have to admit that I wasn't expecting the B-stock keycaps to be in such a good condition. Mines are really in excellent condition.

I'm also super happy because I now own all the OG Cyrillic dye-sublimation keysets that I know exist! From left to right, HASRO, SAV, SAR:

(the color difference is real, it's not just a light effect)

PS: If by any chance you end up with spare replacement keycaps, I'd be super glad to get the set.

heymark

10 Jun 2018, 07:09

;) appreciate to ball00n and mindgame,i got my first OG red sav.
sav1.jpg
sav1.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 7916 times
But i will choose NIB if time goes back. :D
sav2.jpg
sav2.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 7916 times

CarterH

15 Jul 2018, 21:01

If anyone is looking to sell a set please hit me up, I'm quite keen on snagging one! Sad I missed this sale. Any condition is fine

/u/CarterH on reddit or CarterH#4293 on Discord!

ball00n

16 Jul 2018, 09:25

The sale thread is open again.

ball00n

02 Oct 2018, 16:43

Bump.

Now we will also sell keysets separately.

boost_god

29 Dec 2018, 01:18

Still have any sets available for sale?

ball00n

29 Dec 2018, 09:51

boost_god wrote: Still have any sets available for sale?
PM'd

heymark

14 Jan 2019, 08:39

:( he passed.

jaeysehn

11 Apr 2019, 21:22

Are there more sets available? I'm interested! thanks

hawkfriend

25 Apr 2019, 14:04

is this thread actually live?

the_ambyguous

26 Apr 2019, 22:10

I have the opposite problem of those mentioned in the beginning of this thread... i keep finding rare switches good prices and i buy them with the intention to flip, only for them to end up becoming another addition to my collection ;_; mostly alps switches at not exactly steal prices but still

LightningXI

26 Apr 2019, 22:20

the_ambyguous wrote:
i buy them with the intention to flip, only for them to end up becoming another addition to my collection ;_; mostly alps switches at not exactly steal prices but still
Yeah, well, it's not the most tactful thing to say you're buying them to flip, but I guess it's alright that you admit to it :lol:

fohat
Elder Messenger

26 Apr 2019, 23:47

There is nothing wrong with buying things low to re-sell. Nobody forces any buyer to buy anything at a price higher than he is willing to shell out.

And it is especially good to keep desirable objects out of garbage cans.

ZedTheMan

27 Apr 2019, 00:45

I often buy to resell, but I also buy to restore before I resell, because part of my enjoyment of this hobby is taking dusty old things and making them as desirable as possible again. This leads to a lot of things being added to my personal collection, and eventually I have to sell stuff that was in my collection in the first place to make room. Because of this very situation, I'll be making a big update to my sale thread tomorrow, including some stuff that was once proudly enjoyed for personal use but that have been replaced by other curiosities.

the_ambyguous

27 Apr 2019, 09:01

ZedTheMan wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 00:45
I often buy to resell, but I also buy to restore before I resell, because part of my enjoyment of this hobby is taking dusty old things and making them as desirable as possible again. This leads to a lot of things being added to my personal collection, and eventually I have to sell stuff that was in my collection in the first place to make room. Because of this very situation, I'll be making a big update to my sale thread tomorrow, including some stuff that was once proudly enjoyed for personal use but that have been replaced by other curiosities.
Couldn't agree more with the first part. I say mostly buy to resell because I know I cannot afford to keep certain objects on my current budget. But being able to take it apart and make it look brand new does give one a sense of catharsis knowing itll be going to a better place.
fohat wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 23:47
There is nothing wrong with buying things low to re-sell. Nobody forces any buyer to buy anything at a price higher than he is willing to shell out.

And it is especially good to keep desirable objects out of garbage cans.
This really super applies to vintage computers that a lot of old boards may come attached to. In fact the mech community has become notorious in other communities for scalping vintage tech and destroying them for the keycaps/switches etc. One example that really tickles me is when people buy yamaha qx3's for the hirose switches, and then trash the entire sequencer after taking the keycaps. They could have easily replaced the switches with any generic cherry switch and sold that exact sequencer to a musician for exactly how much they paid for it. Just one example that comes to mind. I like to replace the more desirable switches in old tech, and then resell it as refurbished/restored to someone who doesn't want it for aforementioned switches.
LightningXI wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 22:20
the_ambyguous wrote:
i buy them with the intention to flip, only for them to end up becoming another addition to my collection ;_; mostly alps switches at not exactly steal prices but still
Yeah, well, it's not the most tactful thing to say you're buying them to flip, but I guess it's alright that you admit to it :lol:
Nothing I buy off of deskthority or gh is bought with the intention to flip. The items here are what I would consider "market price." An example of a flip for me would be finding a typewriter with my's and picking it up to sell the keycaps. Additionally, I wouldn't flip any item thats requested not to be flipped or is listed here with the hope that it won't be flipped. No shame here.

stxfreak

03 May 2019, 08:03

Hey, are there still sets left? I'd be interested in buying one. Thanks!

ball00n

16 May 2019, 11:00

Maokia wrote:
16 May 2019, 10:51
stxfreak wrote:
03 May 2019, 08:03
Hey, are there still sets left? I'd be interested in buying one. Thanks!
I interesting too.
Hey. The sale is still open, we have a few sets left. I'll leave you a PM.

sl70309

21 May 2019, 16:48

do those bigger keys (space, enter) work with GMK stab?

ball00n

21 May 2019, 17:51

sl70309 wrote:
Yes, of course.

sl70309

22 May 2019, 01:27

ball00n wrote:
sl70309 wrote:
Yes, of course.
i was told these old school PBT keycaps use Costar stabs.

LightningXI

22 May 2019, 01:54

sl70309 wrote:
22 May 2019, 01:27
ball00n wrote:
sl70309 wrote:
Yes, of course.
i was told these old school PBT keycaps use Costar stabs.
I have a set. You can use Cherry/GMK stabs.

Haskel

26 May 2019, 22:23

Sent a pm

maxf

29 May 2019, 02:54

sending a pm

heymark

30 May 2019, 06:20

pm

Return to “For sale”